Overabundance of Zep mags

19 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

There seems to be a feature on Zep released every month now by various magazines. I know the band is obviously still marketable, but do any of these offer anything new or interesting or is it just to make a buck off the collectors?

It's all rehashed content as the guys have given very few interviews to promote their 50th anniversary.

1 hour ago, 76229 said:

The latest Classic Rock has a feature on the 50th anniversary of Zeppelin 2. I haven't bought it as I know the author will be Mick Wall and there'll be nothing new in it.

Come on, you know the writer is Mick Wall 😉 (Dave Lewis side panels) you've seen it on the "newsagents" shelf. I bought it, not got around to reading it yet, good chance I never will, another unread mag in the recycle bin probably, need to stop wasting my money.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, in the 70's you sometimes had these one-off rock magazines with a Zep feature for maybe 10-20 pages, usually half

black and white pictures, half color. Anyway sometimes there would be something interesting the band had to say, but even

back then the writer(s) would usually just talk about the band, very rarely any substantial interviewing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I read the Uncut issue Hercoflex posted above (standing at the rack while grocery shopping).  Page doesn't say much new, and even his familiar stories about discovering the guitar as a kid sound pretty rehearsed, but the interviewer actually asks some surprisingly pointed questions, including about the occult, Page's lack of any new Plant-like career direction, and Lori Mattix.  They all get a "No comment," but kudos to the guy for trying.

• 2 weeks later...

Typically these magazines just compile old articles. I remember an AC/DC issue focusing on Bon Scott. I think the new part was the conspiracy theories surrounding Bon's stolen book of lyrics after his death and whether they were used in writing "Back in Black". 

As for that Page Uncut issue, Jimmy's lack of commentary 3 times sounds like a drag. I would have just edited those questions out.

Edited by Tremelo