What song did you hear while shopping today that made you smile?

kipper

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Music disappeared from supermarkets here years ago. They have recently brought it back in some places, with covid info announcements inbetween  songs. I'd rather they just had the announcements because the music (all current hits) is absolute garbage in my opinion, and me being a grumpy git it just adds to my grumpiness.

Edited by JTM

On 4/10/2021 at 1:37 AM, JTM said:

Music disappeared from supermarkets here years ago. They have recently brought it back in some places, with covid info announcements inbetween  songs. I'd rather they just had the announcements because the music (all current hits) is absolute garbage in my opinion, and me being a grumpy git it just adds to my grumpiness.

I agree with the current music they have in many stores, but a few sill have great playlist and seem to understand that the people spending the MOST money are people from our generation.

I stopped shopping at one store I used to like after they add a bunch current crap music songs, and also started making half of the announcements over the PA in Spanish.  I guess nobody can please everyone, but if I'm shopping and annoyed, or my blood pressure goes up, the I can't even be in the store to spend my money.

I think some marketing people make a mistake of targeting music, or ads to larger young demographic, when they should be targeting to the age group which has and spends the most money. Which would still be our generation. When the market is playing some assclown vocal assisted crap aimed at the 12 year old coming into buy a bag of chips (crisps) and single sodapop, as apposed to the housewife there to fill a basket (trolly) full of hundreds of dollars of groceries and sundries, then they are just being short sighted.

1 hour ago, kipper said:

I agree with the current music they have in many stores, but a few sill have great playlist and seem to understand that the people spending the MOST money are people from our generation.

I stopped shopping at one store I used to like after they add a bunch current crap music songs, and also started making half of the announcements over the PA in Spanish.  I guess nobody can please everyone, but if I'm shopping and annoyed, or my blood pressure goes up, the I can't even be in the store to spend my money.

I think some marketing people make a mistake of targeting music, or ads to larger young demographic, when they should be targeting to the age group which has and spends the most money. Which would still be our generation. When the market is playing some assclown vocal assisted crap aimed at the 12 year old coming into buy a bag of chips (crisps) and single sodapop, as apposed to the housewife there to fill a basket (trolly) full of hundreds of dollars of groceries and sundries, then they are just being short sighted.

I went to buy myself a new pair of Reebok Classics today while out shopping, the store I visited were playing really loud rap style music I decided that as I wanted the shoes more more than I needed them I left.

11 minutes ago, JTM said:

I went to buy myself a new pair of Reebok Classics today while out shopping, the store I visited were playing really loud rap style music I decided that as I wanted the shoes more more than I needed them I left.

I have gone so far as to request they turn music off our down in some situations. Was at a big club store (Costco) and they had a display by the registers of one of those bluetooth amplifiers that can play music from any of your devices. The music I could tell was not what the store/chain had likely decided to play, but more likely what some of the employees wanted to hear, again rap music it was pretty over the top----and it was REALLY LOUD and right in my ears.  So, I requested it be turned off and I was ignored. So, then I just went over and turned it OFF, and a young employee came over and turned it on again, plus make it louder. I in turn then unplugged it and said DON'T TURN IT ON AGAIN, it is too loud, it is unpleasant, and not what any customer wants to hear.   I was serious, and eventually a manager came over, but I warned him, I will complain to the corporate office on this if he turns it on again.

Like I said previously, elevator music would be fine with me as a happy medium. I like classic pop/rock and R&B while shopping, but I don't need to hear that if the playlist included crap too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 11:24 AM, kipper said:

That is a very un-woke comment there Kip :hysterical:

Those lousey scallywags'!!! The announcements in Spanish I simply do not understand the necessity. If I go to Mexico I would not expect anything to be in English because, its Mexico. 

• 2 months later...

No shit, I was in a Fry's the other day and Janes Addiction's Been Caught Stealing came over the speakers. I almost died laughing! A couple of college kids thought I was losing it as they had no clue who Jane's Addiction was much less the song.

Ps. I got out with a free sushi roll, a 12 pack of seltzer water, and a package of macadamia nuts! Make me go through the self-serve check out you rat-bastards, well, here is some petty theft for ya!

Fight the power!

On 7/12/2021 at 9:51 PM, BobDobbs said:

No shit, I was in a Fry's the other day and Janes Addiction's Been Caught Stealing came over the speakers. I almost died laughing! A couple of college kids thought I was losing it as they had no clue who Jane's Addiction was much less the song.

Ps. I got out with a free sushi roll, a 12 pack of seltzer water, and a package of macadamia nuts! Make me go through the self-serve check out you rat-bastards, well, here is some petty theft for ya!

Fight the power!

STOP, Thief!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...