The Guns N' Roses/Velvet Revolver Thread

Hand_Of_Omega_91

i think you guys are all pathetic pieces of shit. i mean come on you stupid DUMBASSES. its a fucking band. how fucking controversal can it get ?

instead of focusing all your fucking though process into a band, think of something that actually matters.

get a fucking life.

dumbass internet geeks.

Internet geek? You are here are you not?

wow. words fail me.

i think you need to start thinking about growing up pal.

Right, because telling someone to fuck off, and attempting to end a conversation on a message board is real mature...

I was stooping to your level if anything. You've made some pretty ignorant comments yourself. So stop trying to act high and mighty.

Right, because telling someone to fuck off, and attempting to end a conversation on a message board is real mature...

I was stooping to your level if anything. You've made some pretty ignorant comments yourself. So stop trying to act high and mighty.

apologies. i really was a dick head and pretty immature (im not being sarcastic). sorry man.

From Billboard.com:

Guns N' Roses 'Negotiating' To Release New Album

rose_axl_01l.gif

Axl Rose

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

With a new management team in place, Guns N' Roses is "in negotiations" for the release of its decade-in-the-making album "Chinese Democracy," according to a post on the band's Web site.

The message did not elaborate on what the discussions concern, or offer an approximate release date for "Chinese Democracy," which was last on Interscope's release schedule in March 2007.

In other GNR news, guitarist Robin Finck has left the Axl Rose-led band to return to Nine Inch Nails, and will tour with the latter act this summer.

"Robin's plans caught everyone in Guns, as well as our fans, a bit off-guard," the band says. "Neither we nor management, etc., know any more in this regard and we prefer not to speculate or offer opinions at this time."

"When we begin to put tour plans together, we'll see where things are," the post continues. "Until then, Robin's touring with NIN and we're working with management on our game plans."

From Billboard.com:

Guns N' Roses 'Negotiating' To Release New Album

rose_axl_01l.gif

Axl Rose

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

With a new management team in place, Guns N' Roses is "in negotiations" for the release of its decade-in-the-making album "Chinese Democracy," according to a post on the band's Web site.

The message did not elaborate on what the discussions concern, or offer an approximate release date for "Chinese Democracy," which was last on Interscope's release schedule in March 2007.

In other GNR news, guitarist Robin Finck has left the Axl Rose-led band to return to Nine Inch Nails, and will tour with the latter act this summer.

"Robin's plans caught everyone in Guns, as well as our fans, a bit off-guard," the band says. "Neither we nor management, etc., know any more in this regard and we prefer not to speculate or offer opinions at this time."

"When we begin to put tour plans together, we'll see where things are," the post continues. "Until then, Robin's touring with NIN and we're working with management on our game plans."

Wow, Robin Fink leaving new Guns in going to affect touring of the Album, if and when it coems out. He's been there from almost the get go. as far as the new album is concerned.

Wow, Robin Fink leaving new Guns in going to affect touring of the Album, if and when it coems out. He's been there from almost the get go. as far as the new album is concerned.

The word on the street is that Robin is upset Chinese Democracy is being released. He thinks it needs more tweaking.

Sounds like Tommy Stinson and Paul Westerberg have plans to work together as the Replacements sometime in the near future so that could be another member of G n' R that'll soon be exiting the band. About fucking time. Actually, I'm surprised he stuck around this long. Like he's said, he was only in it for the money anyway.

Provide that quote.

You can't, because it doesn't exist.

So far I haven't been able to find the interview where Tommy said that but I did find this from an interview with former Guns n' Roses bassist Duff McKagan:

"I feel more sorry for Tommy Stinson; he's just doing it for the cash. I read something that he and [Guns drummer and session dynamo] Josh Freese were playing somewhere and the crowd was taunting them with, 'Play Guns N' Roses songs!'"

When I saw Tommy during the recent tour for his solo album Village Gorilla Head he didn't play any G n' R, nor did he play any 'Mats. He did, however throw in some stuff from his bands Bash n' Pop and Perfect. We also got a cover of The Partridge Family's One Man Guy performed at the bar when he got up from the stage to buy a drank. This was followed by a kickass version of Rufus Wainwright's One Man Guy.

If so inclined, you can read the rest of the Duff interview here:

Ex-GN'R Member Duff McKagan Happy To Be Guns-Free

So Duff "the drunk's" opinion is what Stinson thinks?

There has never been any evidence that he has done this for the money. He's been in GNR for nearly 10 years. He has been recognized as a major contributor to the band. More than enough articles and interviews out there showing this guy's loyalty to the band, and vice versa. So, let's stop this talk about him just doing for the money, because it's not true.

So Duff "the drunk's" opinion is what Stinson thinks?

Your words not mine.

There has never been any evidence that he has done this for the money. He's been in GNR for nearly 10 years. He has been recognized as a major contributor to the band. More than enough articles and interviews out there showing this guy's loyalty to the band, and vice versa. So, let's stop this talk about him just doing for the money, because it's not true.

Band loyalty and how much (or how little) he's contributed doesn't mean shit, I read an interview with Tommy that said he was only in it for the cash. I'm sure when (and if) he and Westerberg decide to reform the 'Mats he'll drop Axl like the sack of worthless shit that he is.

Oh, and taking your own words into account, your opinion isn't acceptable here unless you play an instrument and have sold a million records.

Your words not mine.

Band loyalty and how much (or how little) he's contributed doesn't mean shit, I read an interview with Tommy that said he was only in it for the cash. I'm sure when (and if) he and Westerberg decide to reform the 'Mats he'll drop Axl like the sack of worthless shit that he is.

Oh, and taking your own words into account, your opinion isn't acceptable here unless you play an instrument and have sold a million records.

You haven't seen ANY interview saying that, because I have read every interview this guys has done, and I don't recall that.

There have been several mentions of reunions over the years, and of course Tommy's loyalty has been Guns n Roses, whether they were serious mentions or not.

You haven't seen ANY interview saying that, because I have read every interview this guys has done, and I don't recall that.

Every interview? I seriously doubt that or you would have seen the one where he said he's only in G n' R for the paycheck.

There have been several mentions of reunions over the years, and of course Tommy's loyalty has been Guns n Roses, whether they were serious mentions or not.

Except for the one where the 'Mats played the festival out in L.A. as part of the premiere for Open Season, not to mention the two new tracks they cut for the 'Mats best of not so long ago. I'm guessing you didn't even know who Tommy or the Replacements were until he was recruited for Guns n' Roses.