The Guns N' Roses/Velvet Revolver Thread

Hand_Of_Omega_91

On 4/12/2016 at 8:54 AM, SteveAJones said:

Axl being confined to a chair is a real drag. It's a bit too karaoke now.

Yeah it is, & the answer to when this happened was when they did that tuneup gig at the Troubador on the Sunset Strip not that long ago.

21 hours ago, Walter said:

That's good for us - he'll be back on his feet (foot) by July!  Are you going to any of the shows, SAJ?

Well, I was hoping they would tour Japan. I'll likely be in the states for a few weeks in Jul/Aug and if so I will definitely catch them.

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

Well, I was hoping they would tour Japan. I'll likely be in the states for a few weeks in Jul/Aug and if so I will definitely catch them.

If you decide to come to the Orlando show, I'll buy you a drink!  Do you think the tour will go outside of North America or are these the only shows planned?  I'm guessing it'll be based on how things go for these dates...

On 4/13/2016 at 0:32 PM, SteveAJones said:

I would be surprised if they did not tour Japan. That is a big market. Of course it would depend on their huge fragile egos surviving the U.S. tour intact.

I assume everyone has seen the Coachella clips? I would hunt them down to share here but I don't care enough about this G n R go-around to bother.

That doesn't mean I don't want those that are going...Walter, luvlz2, etc...to have a good time. I hope you guys can enjoy the concerts.

• 2 months later...

By nearly all accounts, this tour is the real deal. The guys have been starting on time and delivering high-energy, three hour performances to rabid audiences. I'll be in the states at some point next month, so it's time for me to consider which show (or shows) I want to catch. Right now I'm leaning towards Pittsburgh gig (Jul 12) as a definite, with Philly and Toronto as a maybe.

Time-permitting on my way back to Japan in August, I'm considering some or all of the following gigs: San Fran, Seattle, Glendale, Los Angeles (both nights) & San Diego. Seattle would become my definite date, with LA gigs being given second highest priority.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE4-IGmfrO8

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

I'm flying out of Tokyo tomorrow morning for the Pittsburgh show (...and won't my arms be tired! bah boomp boomp rimshot).

Live Nation has done a good job of organizing this tour, however booking a second night in Chicago was a bad call. If it was still 1991, sure no problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fantastic show last night.  The band was tight and Axl's voice was strong and consistent throughout the show.  It rained earlier in the evening which cooled everything down nicely.  The Cult opened and were good background music while we milled about the stadium.  Guns came on just about 10pm and played 2.5 hours.  The set list was:

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

Double Talkin Jive

Estranged

Live and Let Die

Rocket Queen

You Could Be Mine

You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/New Rose

This I Love

Civil War

Coma (my favorite - couldn't believe they played it)

Slash solo (Godfather Theme)/Sweet Child O' Mine

Better

Out Ta Get Me

Wish You Were Here/Layla/November Rain

Knockin On Heaven's Door 

Night Train

Encore:

Don't Cry

Paradise City 

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I have to say that Guns n Roses in Dallas was a great fucking concert.  I really didn't know what to expect (except that I knew Slash would be awesome), but I was really impressed with Axl and the rest of the band. 

One thing to note that I did notice was that Duff McKagan was wearing a Lemmy t-shirt and on the top left corner of his bass was Prince's symbol in purple.  I thought that that was pretty cool. 

• 3 weeks later...