Knebworth @ 40 (11th August 1979

Pilot of the Storm

I was there with the now Mrs JTM, went to the 11th performance because that's the one that had the NB's. The weather was good, not too hot. We got in the arena early plonked ourselves about two thirds of the way back from the stage and stayed there until  the Zeppelin stage rush when we moved to about half way back where the crowd had thinned out so we still had room to stretch out, everybody around us was sat down (more like lying down), one ignorant fucker stood up blocking the view when asked to sit down didn't he got canned so he immediately put his arse down. There looked to be mayhem in front of the stage so we were glad we were nowhere near it. 

The NB's turned out to be a little disappointing after all the press hype that they had, the wait for them to come on was excruciating, even more so the wait for "the headliners".  Oh yeah, "the headliners", they were ok, glad we went as in the end it turned out to be their last home gig. Forty years ago today, wow....

Sorry to come in late as i was away last week and the stress of what's been happening here. I was at the first show as a long haired greasy kid of 17. What a day and I remember loads of it. Hot day and the boys were  just great if not a tad quick out of the blocks.

40 years ago today-wow how time flies-I was a 16 yr old waiting with my best mate for Zeppelin to hit the stage. I’d been there on the 4th as well, none of my mates made that day as their tickets had been blown up by the IRA in a postal bombing! 

8 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Sorry to come in late as i was away last week and the stress of what's been happening here. I was at the first show as a long haired greasy kid of 17. What a day and I remember loads of it. Hot day and the boys were  just great if not a tad quick out of the blocks.

Ha ha. I too was also 17 at the time of both gigs, but only by 30 odd days!!

9 hours ago, JTM said:

I was there with the now Mrs JTM, went to the 11th performance because that's the one that had the NB's. The weather was good, not too hot. We got in the arena early plonked ourselves about two thirds of the way back from the stage and stayed there until  the Zeppelin stage rush when we moved to about half way back where the crowd had thinned out so we still had room to stretch out, everybody around us was sat down (more like lying down), one ignorant fucker stood up blocking the view when asked to sit down didn't he got canned so he immediately put his arse down. There looked to be mayhem in front of the stage so we were glad we were nowhere near it. 

The NB's turned out to be a little disappointing after all the press hype that they had, the wait for them to come on was excruciating, even more so the wait for "the headliners".  Oh yeah, "the headliners", they were ok, glad we went as in the end it turned out to be their last home gig. Forty years ago today, wow....

Big let down the NB's. Just a wall of noise!!