Peter Grant T-Shirt Question

ZepFan73

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not British, but I took it to mean something making fun of Peter's girth/weight, as if he was on a diet, per se, and instead of just eating a salad -- he ended up eating an entire garden!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really interested by that! Could you show me a picture of one t-shirt, please?

OK well I have created a website just for the shirts because after an advert in Tight But Loose last issue I suddenly sold loads.

So I decided to add a whole load of new styles and run the ad again next issue.

O.T.Tees is the website. It is still being constructed but you can get the Bonham shirts in mens red or black and ladies various colours.

I am also creating the 'In For A Quick Garden' listing now and have just linked back to here for reference.

Next on the list is 'Bobby And The Helmets' and possibly 'Nurses Do It Better'

Then I have some other ideas which may depart from the Zeppelin theme and also from the "as worn by" theme.

But that is for the future.

I really don't think this is a horticultural reference. Anyway, that would be 'OUT for a quick garden', wouldn't it? Unless you were tending your hydroponics.

More likely a sexual reference, albeit more applicable to the 70s, given today's higher standards of feminine tonsorial elegance B)

OK well I have created a website just for the shirts because after an advert in Tight But Loose last issue I suddenly sold loads.

So I decided to add a whole load of new styles and run the ad again next issue.

O.T.Tees is the website. It is still being constructed but you can get the Bonham shirts in mens red or black and ladies various colours.

I am also creating the 'In For A Quick Garden' listing now and have just linked back to here for reference.

Next on the list is 'Bobby And The Helmets' and possibly 'Nurses Do It Better'

Then I have some other ideas which may depart from the Zeppelin theme and also from the "as worn by" theme.

But that is for the future.

Ok thanks a lot for all the info! :)

• 3 months later...

Good question. When wearing my Nurses Do It Better tee shirt I have had several confused comments from non fans.

One woman at a gig kept on and on at me.

"I'm a nurse..." she said, "...and it shouldn't say Nurses Do It Better, it should say Nurses MAKE it better, because that's what we do.."

I couldn't get her to understand it was a replica of an iconic shirt.

Nurses.jpg

• 8 years later...