Strider

16 hours ago, Walter said:

Sorta. Beating Washington 9-0 doesn’t mean much, but they do look balanced!

Well we agree on something.  Except I guess the weather helped Washington one could argue.  Inclement weather usually helps the underdog.  I am still not convinced Dallas is a good team. They beat a good Eagles team, but the loss vs the Jets still is ugly.  And their defense is not very good in the secondary.  I think the Bills might come in there at lets say 8-2 or with luck even better.  You will have a real fight on your hands on Turkey day.  Cant wait.  I will be cheering for Dallas in one game.  When they play NE.  I think its in NE.  Maybe they are just better at home?  No line up on the Bills and Eagles or Dallas so unsure who they have next.  Going to look it up now.  So I guess your pissed about the Yankees?  I guess Houston just had those two stud pitchers and that was the difference.  But Houston is loaded.   The Yankees are as far as power, but I am not sold on their starting unit. That needs to be upgraded.

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well we agree on something.  Except I guess the weather helped Washington one could argue.  Inclement weather usually helps the underdog.  I am still not convinced Dallas is a good team. They beat a good Eagles team, but the loss vs the Jets still is ugly.  And their defense is not very good in the secondary.  I think the Bills might come in there at lets say 8-2 or with luck even better.  You will have a real fight on your hands on Turkey day.  Cant wait.  I will be cheering for Dallas in one game.  When they play NE.  I think its in NE.  Maybe they are just better at home?  No line up on the Bills and Eagles or Dallas so unsure who they have next.  Going to look it up now.  So I guess your pissed about the Yankees?  I guess Houston just had those two stud pitchers and that was the difference.  But Houston is loaded.   The Yankees are as far as power, but I am not sold on their starting unit. That needs to be upgraded.

I said day one that the Yankees didn't have enough pitching to get over the top in the AL and they didn't.  Not pissed, just crazy that we all could see it but ownership didn't. Or at least didn't do anything about it.

Cowboys are talented, but injuries - especially to Tyron Smith - will reduce any team to mediocre or worse...  Glad we beat that Eagles ass though.  3-0 in the division.  Now onto a bye week and time to get healthy, hopefully.

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Dallas...beat a good Eagles team, but the loss vs the Jets still is ugly. 

The Eagles are not a good team.

Final numbers will have to wait until after tonight's game but even if the Jets beat the Patriots, this week's winner is far enough ahead to have clinched the week. Congratulations redrum!

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Final numbers will have to wait until after tonight's game but even if the Jets beat the Patriots, this week's winner is far enough ahead to have clinched the week. Congratulations redrum!

Whoop! Whoop! It had to be the Ravens pick. :)

14 hours ago, Strider said:

Well they are not a bad team Went into Green Bay and obliterated them.  One year removed from winning the Super Bowl over NE.  I disagree

15 hours ago, Walter said:

I said day one that the Yankees didn't have enough pitching to get over the top in the AL and they didn't.  Not pissed, just crazy that we all could see it but ownership didn't. Or at least didn't do anything about it.

Cowboys are talented, but injuries - especially to Tyron Smith - will reduce any team to mediocre or worse...  Glad we beat that Eagles ass though.  3-0 in the division.  Now onto a bye week and time to get healthy, hopefully.

Speaking of injuries, I am getting sick of players milking them.  Singletary on my own team is a prime example.  A damn 5 week hamstring injury with all the pampering they get these days?  Vince Lombardi in Instant Replay, a must read for any football fan, goes into a locker room and sees a few guys "injured".  Tells them to get their lazy ass's out on the field.  We need more of that. Too many of these million dollar babies get away with too much.  And those guys did not get peanuts compared to the contracts of today.  1960s NFL.  Lombardi must be sick if he can see this somehow

Again, congratulations to redrum for winning Week 7 and finishing first two weeks in a row. :cheer::cheer:

Week 7 Results

redrum: 13-1*

ebk: 11-3

Strider: 11-3

jabe: 10-4

Junior: 10-4

Bong-Man: 9-5

Walter: 9-5

LedZeppfan77: 8-6

Mrs. W: 8-6

Season Standings After 106 Games

1. ebk: 72-33****

2. Walter: 68-37**

3. Bong-Man: 65-40*

3. redrum: 65-40**

4. Strider: 63-42

5. Junior: 62-43*

5. LedZeppfan77: 62-43

6. Mrs. W: 60-45

7. jabe: 55-50

8. paul carruthers: 50-55*

Week 8 Schedule

Thursday, Oct. 24 TIME(ET)
Washington at Minnesota 8:20 pm

Sunday, Oct. 27
Seattle at Sadlanta 1:00 pm 
Philadelphia at Buffalo 1:00 pm
Sad Chargers at Chicago 1:00 pm
N.Y. Giants at Detroit 1:00 pm
Tampa Bay at Tennessee 1:00 pm
Cincinnati vs L.A. Rams (another stupid London game) 1:00 pm
Arizona at New Orleans 1:00 pm
N.Y. Jets at Jacksonville 1:00 pm
Oakland at Houston 1:00 pm
Carolina at San Francisco 4:05 pm
Denver at Indianapolis 4:25 pm
Cleveland at New England 4:25 pm
Green Bay at Kansas City 8:20 pm

Monday, Oct. 28
Miami at Pittsburgh 8:15 pm

Edited by Strider

Thursday, Oct. 24 
Washington at Minnesota 

Sunday, Oct. 27
Seattle at Sadlanta 
Philadelphia at Buffalo 
Sad Chargers at Chicago 
N.Y. Giants at Detroit 
Tampa Bay at Tennessee 
Cincinnati vs L.A. Rams (another stupid London game) 
Arizona at New Orleans 
N.Y. Jets at Jacksonville 
Oakland at Houston 
Carolina at San Francisco 
Denver at Indianapolis 
Cleveland at New England 
Green Bay at Kansas City 

Monday, Oct. 28
Miami at Pittsburgh

Go Nats!!