Jason Bonam's Led Zeppelin Evening why no UK dates?

jsj

9 hours ago, jsj said:

As far as I'm aware this event hasn't played in the UK yet and I'm curious as to whether there's a reason for that

i wouldn't attend it myself so it's not a complaint, it just seems odd to me that it hasn't happened

He never plays in the UK. I did read once that he doesn't have a Europe promoter. Personally? He doesn't give a fuck, As long as he wrings an extra nickel on the back of Led Zeppelin then that's fine with him. A wanker of the highest order.

10 hours ago, jsj said:

As far as I'm aware this event hasn't played in the UK yet and I'm curious as to whether there's a reason for that

i wouldn't attend it myself so it's not a complaint, it just seems odd to me that it hasn't happened

It's undoubtedly a business decision. Annerin Productions Ltd. is a division of Jeff Parry Promotions, a Canadien based production company and they've only had a UK division for about five years now. JBLZE did do an Australian tour not long ago, likely because it was deemed more profitable than a UK tour and the Australian market is not as saturated with Led Zeppelin tribute acts.  

6 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

It's undoubtedly a business decision. Annerin Productions Ltd. is a division of Jeff Parry Promotions, a Canadien based production company and they've only had a UK division for about five years now. JBLZE did do an Australian tour not long ago, likely because it was deemed more profitable than a UK tour and the Australian market is not as saturated with Led Zeppelin tribute acts.  

Do you know if The Circle is planning on doing any international dates, or is it the same - NA only?

10 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

He never plays in the UK. I did read once that he doesn't have a Europe promoter. Personally? He doesn't give a fuck, As long as he wrings an extra nickel on the back of Led Zeppelin then that's fine with him. A wanker of the highest order.

Bleedin ell Chillum, that's a bit strong. For me Jason is a member of the extended Zep family so if he wants to drain a few nickels I don't mind. YMMV. It's been a while since I've seen him live in anything, but he's a serviceable rock drummer.

8 hours ago, Walter said:

Do you know if The Circle is planning on doing any international dates, or is it the same - NA only?

The Circle has never performed outside of NA, aside from one date in Hawaii a few years ago. There's some CA dates later this month but nothing else on the immediate horizon. 

http://www.redrocker.com/events