A GUITAR CASE STORY - Jimmy Page's Guitar Case Returned After 47 Years

sam_webmaster

10 minutes ago, Lightning said:

What would that guitar case be worth to a collector today if you had to put a price on itย 

It's difficult to put a price on it as there are few if any authentic guitar cases from guitarists of similar stature/popularity sold in previous auctions to compare it against. However, given the case's provenance is affirmed by Page himself and that aesthetically it bears "Led Zeppelin" on it I would start the hypothetical bidding at $10,000 USD but anticipate it to hypothetically go for perhaps as much as $100,000 USD -- most likely to a wealthy rock star. In fact, I figure Page himself may have gone that high if he had to just to get it back. It's NOT a guitar of course, so I can't see it having gone for more than that.

7 hours ago, Paganini said:

A great story and thanks for sharing ...personally I would have kept the case tho ๐Ÿ˜‰

Keeping the case against getting to meet and spend 15 minutes with Jimmy - meeting Jimmy wins every time.

• 2 weeks later...

I would gladly dole out at least $25 grand for that case, if it were at an auction.... for charity..... after borrowing the money from theย leprechaun that lives down my road, under the bridge.... shhhhh. Lol.ย 

Honestly I have no idea, but I am curious to know what something like that would be worth to a collector. Maybe someone who's an expert will read this posting.ย 

What a fantastic story. Great job Jeff. Kudos to you sir.ย 

As for the member jousting names,ย  "chump", at him, that's uncalled for, rude, childish and possibly correlated with your own subconscious mind, displacing the true inner feelings you have about yourself and casting them onto what appears to everyone else, a fantastic guy!ย 

Keep negativity and insults to yourself and those of your own ilk. There's no room for that here on this forum in any capacity. Spew the negativity somewhere else on some other site for negative immature people. If you have nothing positive to say, don't say anything. Simple.ย 

I'm Johnnycanasoda, this is my first post. Great to be amongst you fine people sharing the love of Zeppelin.ย 

1 hour ago, Johnnycanasoda said:

I would gladly dole out at least $25 grand for that case, if it were at an auction.... for charity..... after borrowing the money from theย leprechaun that lives down my road, under the bridge.... shhhhh. Lol.ย 

Honestly I have no idea, but I am curious to know what something like that would be worth to a collector. Maybe someone who's an expert will read this posting.ย 

What a fantastic story. Great job Jeff. Kudos to you sir.ย 

As for the member jousting names,ย  "chump", at him, that's uncalled for, rude, childish and possibly correlated with your own subconscious mind, displacing the true inner feelings you have about yourself and casting them onto what appears to everyone else, a fantastic guy!ย 

Keep negativity and insults to yourself and those of your own ilk. There's no room for that here on this forum in any capacity. Spew the negativity somewhere else on some other site for negative immature people. If you have nothing positive to say, don't say anything. Simple.ย 

I'm Johnnycanasoda, this is my first post. Great to be amongst you fine people sharing the love of Zeppelin.ย 

Welcome aboard mate

3 hours ago, Lightning said:

How hard would it be to have Jimmy Page sign a Gibson Les Paul back cover electronic plate, how can that happen.

Nigh on impossible. He might suspect youโ€™ll put it straight on ebay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/12/2019 at 12:09 PM, Johnnycanasoda said:

Well, $25,000 is nothing. Based on recent high end auction results, I'd say you're looking at a minimum of $60,000...probably closer to $125,000.

• 5 months later...

I thought I had replied to this story already but I guess I hit the wrong button.

Just want to add my hosannahs along with everyone else's. Jeff Curtis, you are a great man. I believe in karmaย and you have earned yourself heaps and heaps of karma with your humble generosity.

• 4 months later...