What is my blueberry hill vinyl?

goldenretreiver157

I wanted to identify the version of blueberry hill i have. It has the standard art and no information at all but What was carved on the black wax: 

Matrix / Runout Runout side A, etched: EV 666-A1 70-401-F

Matrix / Runout Runout side B, etched: EV 666-B2 70-402-F

Matrix / Runout Runout side C, etched: EV 664-A3 70-399-F

Matrix / Runout Runout side D, etched: EV 664-B4 70-400-F

in discogs this shows several TMOQ releases and one ‘mushroom records’ release. Could this be a unmarked TMOQ vinyl. I am very confused

It's one of the pressings of the original Blueberry Hill issued by Blimp at the end of 1970. It pre-dating latter issues by the TMoQ and other labels so you're holding original, first issue. There were also colored vinyl pressings but they're all from the same plates and were released at the same time. Those matrix nos. are different on each of every single press so it's difficult to say from which part/run it has been taken. For sure it's a very early issue. Photos of the artwork and labels could only help to determine more details.

16 hours ago, zepster1979 said:

It's one of the pressings of the original Blueberry Hill issued by Blimp at the end of 1970. It pre-dating latter issues by the TMoQ and other labels so you're holding original, first issue. There were also colored vinyl pressings but they're all from the same plates and were released at the same time. Those matrix nos. are different on each of every single press so it's difficult to say from which part/run it has been taken. For sure it's a very early issue. Photos of the artwork and labels could only help to determine more details.

Thank you! So happy about this, i will post some pics of  them soon

16 hours ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

Man did I love going to the record store and shopping for Zeppelin boots. This was in the mid-1980's and they were like $50 for a 2LP set. I think I paid close to $100 for Destroyer and def remember buying the colored vinyl version of strange tales from the road for $150 in 1987. I wish I still had them.

Strange tales for 150$ Is a dream now. My local record stores have never had any zep boots since the 90’s

12 hours ago, zepster1979 said:

From the pics posted I can say that, for almost sure, this is an early TMoQ issue, the one I have has exact same artwork but in red and labels aren't just marked with song titles. All the rest, including matrix nos. are the same.

Very cool. Thats what I suspected, thanks for the information too. Do you know if what i have is uncommon? I rarely see early 70’s TMQ without labels or colored wax

Uhm, most if not all early TMoQ releases were pressed on colored was first, and then on standard black wax. The initial run was around 200 to 500 copies, and all the reissues, often pressed from the same plates, were around 500 to 1000 copies. Your TMoQ is one of the early reissues, and lack of labels with logo says nothing but it's just a common practice back these days. Only first pressings had that logo, most of reissues are budget copies.

• 1 month later...

I have a copy of Blueberry Hill I am trying to find out more about. The matrix in the runoff is EV-666 the label is POD Records The cover is a really messy copy that says Trade Mark of Quality on it. The sound quality is much better than the red Zeppelin label copy I used to own. Does anyone know if they are from different sources? Is this truly a TMOQ copy? I always thought TMOQ was in the runoff of their records

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 9:04 AM, Daniel Disorderly said:

I have a copy of Blueberry Hill I am trying to find out more about. The matrix in the runoff is EV-666 the label is POD Records The cover is a really messy copy that says Trade Mark of Quality on it. The sound quality is much better than the red Zeppelin label copy I used to own. Does anyone know if they are from different sources? Is this truly a TMOQ copy? I always thought TMOQ was in the runoff of their records

Yes IIRC the POD release was basically a copy of the TMOQ release and used the same plates. I do't have my collectors bible by Robert Godwin with me but I can check when I get home tonight.