2019 NHL season

LedZeppfan1977

Its here folks.  My 2nd favorite team hoisted the Stanley Cup banner to the rafters last night.  The St Louis Blues, with the song Gloria by the late great Laura Branigan blasting to the faithful.  This team deserved to win the Cup.

Now my Sabres play at Pittsburgh tonight in the opener.  New coach.  New year.  New hope.  LETS GO BUFF A LO!!!!   And lets go Blues too

Sabres tied for best record in the NHL.  Love it.  Play a very rare back to back vs a west coast team.  Beat the Sharks as usual on their ice and now both teams fly across the country to play in Buffalo tomorrow night.  A game I am pretty confident the Sabres will win with Hutton in goal this time.  We beat them with our backup goalie. I assure you they will start Martin Jones again.  They are not going any where in the West. The Sabres are likely a year and a winger or two from Cup contention, but who knows?  If Hutton can keep playing like he is?  And Olofsson is a big story so far.  Has to be in the lead for rookie of the year.  Only player in NHL history to score on the power play his first 8 NHL goals

Lets keep it rolling Buffalo.  Sharks in tonight after we beat them out west.  Now we use our number one goalie also.  LETS GO BUFF A LO!!!!!!  The old cheer should be heard loud again from the rafters.  This team is good.  But likely needs a forward or two to get to the top level?  But who knows?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 12:05 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Off to Swedien to play Tampa twice. Not on a good note even though they played well in a 1-0 loss

Thought I'd answer your question from the Halloween Candy thread here....yes Stars & NYR fan. ..Rangers are young and for some reason have played like 6 less games than most of the teams in their division, but those points will be there later in the season when we need them. ...Stars got off to a crappy start, but have won 7 out of their last 8 to get back to .500.

This is the first year since 1999 that I canceled NHL Center Ice. My goal is to cut Direct TV out of my expenses and just stream. At some point before the allstar break, I'll pay for the NHL.TV app and watch my Blue Shirts that way. How are the Sabers doing so far?

8 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Thought I'd answer your question from the Halloween Candy thread here....yes Stars & NYR fan. ..Rangers are young and for some reason have played like 6 less games than most of the teams in their division, but those points will be there later in the season when we need them. ...Stars got off to a crappy start, but have won 7 out of their last 8 to get back to .500.

This is the first year since 1999 that I canceled NHL Center Ice. My goal is to cut Direct TV out of my expenses and just stream. At some point before the allstar break, I'll pay for the NHL.TV app and watch my Blue Shirts that way. How are the Sabers doing so far?

That is exactly what I did bro.  It takes some getting used to but you can find anything.  Streaming is the answer to their inflated prices and uncaring about their customers.  To hell with Direct TV (10 years with them and no thanks), Spectrum.  I still have to use Spectrum for Wi Fi but it piss's them off because they want me to join their rip off TV.  No way.  I cant wait for Green Light to be here

We could make  one heck of a trade if we were running things.  I would get fired but I would offer you Dahlin for Lundquist and one of our other guys like maybe Colin Miller (who we just got from Vegas, and nothing against him, but Ristolainen is not for sale).  Not sure who I would want in return if I got you to bite.  Of course this is just my imagination running wild.  As usual.  When we get back from Sweden we have some soul searching to do. First, we must do something about Hutton.  He sucks.  And tell Dahlin to shape up or he is going to be traded.  While he still has value as a number 1 pick.  I love the rest of our D and how they are playing Scandella finally is playing great and he gets injured.  I expect him back maybe even by the weekend.  We then get a bunch of cupcakes on the schedule.  We must win those games.

We have a long history with Don Cherry here in Rochester.  He made the trip back here to watch our only ever regular season game played in Rochester.  Sabres and Devils.  IN an arena that seats 10K with seats on the stage.  So the Sabres took a good hit at the windows.  Felt they owed it to Rochester for all the support.  I was there. Will never forget it.  I feel like the Hockey Guy who I watch daily.  Do not mix politics and sports.  Never.  He, like me, feels firing Cherry is a bit extreme.  He is going to devote an entire video to it.  Don Cherry goes back a long time in Hockey Night IN Canada/  Sad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/4/2020 at 10:22 AM, zepscoda said:

The Winter Classic was amazing.   The atmosphere was pretty cool. That many hockey fans in one place makes for one hell of a party!

FB_IMG_1577901904026.jpg

FB_IMG_1577979830835.jpg

FB_IMG_1577899408483.jpg

How did they pull this off in Texas Zepcoda?  I do not get it?  I mean the weather?  The ice?  Unreal.  I picked Nashville even though Dallas has Bishop.  I sure wish the Sabres had him.  We are banged up going into St Louis tomorrow to play my second favorite team the Blues.  They are without Sammy Blais and Parayko too.  Of course Teresenko is out for the season.  The Sabres limp in without Skinner, Svobotka and rookie of the year candidate Olofsson.  Jack Eichel, the beast will play.  Regardless of the outcome in St Lous, we can really pick up some ground after that.  We get the Canucks and Red Wings at home. Payback coming for the Canucks.  I hope.  They can score but in Buffalo, 3000 miles away from home, we have an edge.  Go Sabres!  Push the the playoffs I hope.  I wish that Krueger the damn fool would call up Lawrence Pilut from Rochester

OMG!!  JUST WENT TO SABRES SITE, AND HE WAS CALLED UP

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 7:56 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

How did they pull this off in Texas Zepcoda?  I do not get it?  I mean the weather?  The ice?  Unreal.  I picked Nashville even though Dallas has Bishop.  I sure wish the Sabres had him.  We are banged up going into St Louis tomorrow to play my second favorite team the Blues.  They are without Sammy Blais and Parayko too.  Of course Teresenko is out for the season.  The Sabres limp in without Skinner, Svobotka and rookie of the year candidate Olofsson.  Jack Eichel, the beast will play.  Regardless of the outcome in St Lous, we can really pick up some ground after that.  We get the Canucks and Red Wings at home. Payback coming for the Canucks.  I hope.  They can score but in Buffalo, 3000 miles away from home, we have an edge.  Go Sabres!  Push the the playoffs I hope.  I wish that Krueger the damn fool would call up Lawrence Pilut from Rochester

OMG!!  JUST WENT TO SABRES SITE, AND HE WAS CALLED UP

They had to re do the entire ice surface due to rain a few days before, but come game day it looked pretty good. No real issues, the NHL has really mastered this outdoor annual event. Perfect day for an outdoor game, low 50's and full cloud cover.

Sabers / Stars tonight,  tied 1-1

9 hours ago, zepscoda said:

They had to re do the entire ice surface due to rain a few days before, but come game day it looked pretty good. No real issues, the NHL has really mastered this outdoor annual event. Perfect day for an outdoor game, low 50's and full cloud cover.

Sabers / Stars tonight,  tied 1-1

Huge game for my Sabres last night in Dallas vs the red hot Stars.  We have now won 3 in a row and a trip to Nashville looks like a game we can win.  WE are playing without Skinner and Olofsson, who is in running for rookie of the year.  But we have Jack Eichel and he is in Beast mode. 28 goals and another 8 game scoring streak ongoing.   Ullmark is the guy in goal now as Huttton turned out to be a total waste.  He has killed us but has found a  permanent seat on the bench.  We have to get rid of him and his contract somehow.The Sabres I believe can make a push to get in.  I just realize, those two teams we are playing on the road are the teams from the winter classic.  Your Rangers are looking better.  I am surprised they won at the Islanders.  A team that is certainly higher up but is inconsistent.  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Time for the all star break.    10 days off for my team. Jack Eichel will represent the Sabres.   He is the leader for the Hart, we got no damn help yesterday from the stinking Penguins or any West teams.  Suddenly the West is not so good.  Our schedule is very favorable.  So I expect a run by us assuming Olofsson and Skinner return in a timely manner. Both on IR.  Bullshit.  Especially since they were playing well.  Trades are coming. Expect it.  I mean by the end of next week or this weekend.  LOTS OF TRADES.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 8:53 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I cant stand Bettman.  I guess hockey is coming back soon.  Baseball is supposed to be here even sooner?

Dallas might be a hub city. I can't get really excited about the start until they have a date. 

If they do get the post season in, I wonder how this year's cup winner  will be thought of years from now.

37 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

Dallas might be a hub city. I can't get really excited about the start until they have a date. 

If they do get the post season in, I wonder how this year's cup winner  will be thought of years from now.

Personally I think they should just give the Presidents Trophy to the Bruins as nobody was going to catch them for that one and then award all the other regular season awards and call it a wash on the cup.  Stay at home a couple more weeks and then resume normal training camp and start the 20/21 season like normal. Forcing a playoff that won't end until some time in august and then just morphing into the new season doesn't make sense to me.  If you do it this way you can play in front of fans because by october if this shit with the lockdowns isn't over I don't think there will be any hockey or sports in general because the country might be in chaos.   Many small business are already closing because people cannot pay their bills. If it extends to the fall think of how many more businesses will go down and the reaction of the people could be extreme.

50 minutes ago, hummingbird69 said:

Personally I think they should just give the Presidents Trophy to the Bruins as nobody was going to catch them for that one and then award all the other regular season awards and call it a wash on the cup.  Stay at home a couple more weeks and then resume normal training camp and start the 20/21 season like normal. Forcing a playoff that won't end until some time in august and then just morphing into the new season doesn't make sense to me.  If you do it this way you can play in front of fans because by october if this shit with the lockdowns isn't over I don't think there will be any hockey or sports in general because the country might be in chaos.   Many small business are already closing because people cannot pay their bills. If it extends to the fall think of how many more businesses will go down and the reaction of the people could be extreme.

+1

Totally agree with your proposal. 

On 5/29/2020 at 10:05 PM, zepscoda said:

I think only St Louis would be respected

On 5/29/2020 at 9:51 PM, hummingbird69 said:

+2

Totally agree, but give nothing to the Bruins...lol