Tea for one/I'm gonna crawl

Dancing days

6 hours ago, Dancing days said:

Yeah would of been interesting to see what the NA 80 set list looked like. Would it have been similar to EU concerts or included more numbers from ITTOD. 

I do know that Carouselambra was to be incorporated in the NA 80' setlist.

52 minutes ago, tmtomh said:

While it wasn't Zep, Tea for One was played at a couple of the 1996 Page & Plant Japan shows. There are great-sounding tapes and the performances are very good.,

Too bloody right. It sounds terrific on the boots, even the one with the false start. I love this song

• 4 weeks later...

I have the feeling that Tea For One wasn't played because SIBLY was so great in the movie which came out after Presence.  Tea For One is mostly the same musically as SIBLY (both in C Aeolian Minor) so you wouldn't have needed both in the set.  For a fresh new song I think it should have been given a chance in 1977.  Maybe they felt it was a little too dark, too slow, too long.  And let's face it - SIBLY is a classic song while Tea For One is not.

As far as I'm Gonna Crawl goes - great song with an interesting chord progression throughout.  I have no idea why they didn't at least attempt it in 1979-80.  To this day it's still missing in action.

3 hours ago, Ram4 said:

As far as I'm Gonna Crawl goes - great song with an interesting chord progression throughout.  I have no idea why they didn't at least attempt it in 1979-80.  To this day it's still missing in action.

I hear ya, this is, IMO, Plant's best vocal performance on record since Zep IV and in his top five overall vocal performances. Plus, Jimmy plays his best blues solo on record in this song.

Why Zep did not perform this, instead of SIBLY during 79'-80' shows is a pity, a missed opportunity, and a right damn shame.

10 hours ago, Ram4 said:

I have the feeling that Tea For One wasn't played because SIBLY was so great in the movie which came out after Presence.  Tea For One is mostly the same musically as SIBLY (both in C Aeolian Minor) so you wouldn't have needed both in the set.  For a fresh new song I think it should have been given a chance in 1977.  Maybe they felt it was a little too dark, too slow, too long.  And let's face it - SIBLY is a classic song while Tea For One is not.

This.