Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Dancing days

Tea for one/I'm gonna crawl

Hi all first post 

Always regarded these two tracks contained two of Jimmy's best solos. Any ideas why they were never played live? 

TFO was played in snippets in SIBLY in '77. I'm Gonna Crawl would've been a great inclusion on the EU '80 tour, and we don't know what the NA '80  Tour had in mind.

Yeah would of been interesting to see what the NA 80 set list looked like. Would it have been similar to EU concerts or included more numbers from ITTOD. 

6 hours ago, Dancing days said:

Yeah would of been interesting to see what the NA 80 set list looked like. Would it have been similar to EU concerts or included more numbers from ITTOD. 

I do know that Carouselambra was to be incorporated in the NA 80' setlist.

FWIW a snippet of TFO was played at the final Earl's Court night, right before Tangerine.  (And I fully agree, TFO is a truly great song.)

October 2011 I saw Joe Bonamassa play at Carré, Amsterdam and I especially remember that concert for the astonishing version of "Tea For One". So I heard it once live in its entirety which was really cool...

While it wasn't Zep, Tea for One was played at a couple of the 1996 Page & Plant Japan shows. There are great-sounding tapes and the performances are very good.,

52 minutes ago, tmtomh said:

While it wasn't Zep, Tea for One was played at a couple of the 1996 Page & Plant Japan shows. There are great-sounding tapes and the performances are very good.,

Too bloody right. It sounds terrific on the boots, even the one with the false start. I love this song