Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Yossarian

Is the British royal family done?

I keep hearing in the news how some of the british royals are connected to Jeffery Epstein the guy who was running a sex slave island for underage girls. I think Prince Andrew specifically keeps getting mentioned.

I wonder if this will the final straw for the british royal family, the final embarrassment that finally crashed down the castle walls?

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/xwew9j/queen-elizabeth-scrambling-over-prince-andrew-jeffrey-epstein-connections

There have been far bigger embarrassments through the years. Royal Family has far too much wealth -- they aren't going anywhere.

On 10/8/2019 at 1:38 PM, SteveAJones said:

There have been far bigger embarrassments through the years. Royal Family has far too much wealth -- they aren't going anywhere.

They are pretty sad and embarrassing bunch. My father always spoke badly of  them because they are not really English, the entire family are Germans.

Two things my father was not a fan of were  Germans and Turks.

People love their symbols which is what the British Monarchy has become. Not to sound trite but just look at the popularity of Downton Abbey, The Kings Speech, The Queen, etc. Even the most scathing of appraisals of the royals (The Queen) still has them coming out smelling like roses.

The Brits would rather give up tea-time & crumpets before they turn from the royals. The monarchy is an institution and to be fair, do provide an example to the people for service to the UK & abroad. The males are even required to do military service and typically on the front lines during combat. Like anything else, there is good and bad, nothing is perfect. Plus, they own 1/4 of Europe through their holdings, they are going nowhere.

24 minutes ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

People love their symbols which is what the British Monarchy has become. Not to sound trite but just look at the popularity of Downton Abbey, The Kings Speech, The Queen, etc. Even the most scathing of appraisals of the royals (The Queen) still has them coming out smelling like roses.

The Brits would rather give up tea-time & crumpets before they turn from the royals. The monarchy is an institution and to be fair, do provide an example to the people for service to the UK & abroad. The males are even required to do military service and typically on the front lines during combat. Like anything else, there is good and bad, nothing is perfect. Plus, they own 1/4 of Europe through their holdings, they are going nowhere.

I think it a bit silly that anyone palavers over these people who do nothing for the people, and historically have only taken. When I think of royalty I think of the Monty Python movie and the line "I didn't vote for you".

But you are right, somebody is probably getting paid off for these people to still be in the position they are in.  I always admired the people of France for how they decided to change things up at the right time.

10 hours ago, Yossarian said:

I think it a bit silly that anyone palavers over these people who do nothing for the people, and historically have only taken. When I think of royalty I think of the Monty Python movie and the line "I didn't vote for you".

But you are right, somebody is probably getting paid off for these people to still be in the position they are in.  I always admired the people of France for how they decided to change things up at the right time.

I agree with you, except the French part as the ideals of the revolution were quickly perverted which resulted in the Reign of Terror. Same with the Russian Revolution. The Provosts did all the heavy lifting on that one, then Lenin and his Bolsheviks sneak in and steal power while the provosts (moderates) are taking their sweet time trying to organize a government. That's the problem. The ideals and principals of revolution are typically just and pure, however the scum and tyrants almost always come in after the fact, seize control, and the new boss makes the old boss look good by comparison.

IMO I have no problem with the royals per se, however I do believe at least 95% of their wealth and holdings should be confiscated and absorbed by the State to be used for social and developmental programs. After all, that is not their money, they did not earn it, they stole it over hundreds of years.

2 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

IMO I have no problem with the royals per se, however I do believe at least 95% of their wealth and holdings should be confiscated and absorbed by the State to be used for social and developmental programs. After all, that is not their money, they did not earn it, they stole it over hundreds of years.

I think they should be thrown out on the streets. Their legacy over the centuries is responsible for more death, slavery, civil wars, WORLD WARS, and destruction than any other lineage since the times of the Roman empire.

7 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

I do believe at least 95% of their wealth and holdings should be confiscated and absorbed by the State to be used for social and developmental programs. After all, that is not their money, they did not earn it, they stole it over hundreds of years.

By your own logic, so long as we are arbitrarily deciding whose wealth to confiscate, let's start with yours.

5 hours ago, Yossarian said:

Their legacy over the centuries is responsible for more death, slavery, civil wars, WORLD WARS, and destruction than any other lineage since the times of the Roman empire.

Rubbish. There is a wealth of knowledge and information on the internet....examine even a little?

9 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

By your own logic, so long as we are arbitrarily deciding whose wealth to confiscate, let's start with yours.

Gee Steve, I was given nothing in life, had to work my ass off for everything I have. By my own logic? What a simply ridiculous comment. Is property seizure by the state due to violations in criminal racketeering arbitrary? I could break it down for you how much the current royal line ( Saxe-Coburg Gotha) has looted from the peoples of the UK and it's various territories and holdings since they took over after Queen Victoria died in 1902 thereby ending the Hanoverian line but I assume you would be aware of all of that. Or maybe you believe it is ok for the wealthy and powerful to steal and loot from those of less power and influence? Arbitrary? Nothing could be more clear cut and justifiable.

When I start invading countries and stealing their wealth by all means, confiscate my holdings, until then, your statement is petty trolling.

On 10/11/2019 at 12:55 AM, PeaceFrogYum said:

Gee Steve, I was given nothing in life, had to work my ass off for everything I have. By my own logic? What a simply ridiculous comment. Is property seizure by the state due to violations in criminal racketeering arbitrary? I could break it down for you how much the current royal line ( Saxe-Coburg Gotha) has looted from the peoples of the UK and it's various territories and holdings since they took over after Queen Victoria died in 1902 thereby ending the Hanoverian line but I assume you would be aware of all of that. Or maybe you believe it is ok for the wealthy and powerful to steal and loot from those of less power and influence? Arbitrary? Nothing could be more clear cut and justifiable.

When I start invading countries and stealing their wealth by all means, confiscate my holdings, until then, your statement is petty trolling.

Why the English would continue to be subservient to this fraud, even only if ceremonially, speaks I think to the servile nature of that culture to please their masters in exchange for a pittance of the stolen global wealth of the world.

"Divine right of kings" my arse. Time for these people to go.