Is the British royal family done?

Yossarian

I keep hearing in the news how some of the british royals are connected to Jeffery Epstein the guy who was running a sex slave island for underage girls. I think Prince Andrew specifically keeps getting mentioned.

I wonder if this will the final straw for the british royal family, the final embarrassment that finally crashed down the castle walls?

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/xwew9j/queen-elizabeth-scrambling-over-prince-andrew-jeffrey-epstein-connections

On 10/8/2019 at 1:38 PM, SteveAJones said:

There have been far bigger embarrassments through the years. Royal Family has far too much wealth -- they aren't going anywhere.

They are pretty sad and embarrassing bunch. My father always spoke badly of  them because they are not really English, the entire family are Germans.

Two things my father was not a fan of were  Germans and Turks.

People love their symbols which is what the British Monarchy has become. Not to sound trite but just look at the popularity of Downton Abbey, The Kings Speech, The Queen, etc. Even the most scathing of appraisals of the royals (The Queen) still has them coming out smelling like roses.

The Brits would rather give up tea-time & crumpets before they turn from the royals. The monarchy is an institution and to be fair, do provide an example to the people for service to the UK & abroad. The males are even required to do military service and typically on the front lines during combat. Like anything else, there is good and bad, nothing is perfect. Plus, they own 1/4 of Europe through their holdings, they are going nowhere.

24 minutes ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

People love their symbols which is what the British Monarchy has become. Not to sound trite but just look at the popularity of Downton Abbey, The Kings Speech, The Queen, etc. Even the most scathing of appraisals of the royals (The Queen) still has them coming out smelling like roses.

The Brits would rather give up tea-time & crumpets before they turn from the royals. The monarchy is an institution and to be fair, do provide an example to the people for service to the UK & abroad. The males are even required to do military service and typically on the front lines during combat. Like anything else, there is good and bad, nothing is perfect. Plus, they own 1/4 of Europe through their holdings, they are going nowhere.

I think it a bit silly that anyone palavers over these people who do nothing for the people, and historically have only taken. When I think of royalty I think of the Monty Python movie and the line "I didn't vote for you".

But you are right, somebody is probably getting paid off for these people to still be in the position they are in.  I always admired the people of France for how they decided to change things up at the right time.

10 hours ago, Yossarian said:

I think it a bit silly that anyone palavers over these people who do nothing for the people, and historically have only taken. When I think of royalty I think of the Monty Python movie and the line "I didn't vote for you".

But you are right, somebody is probably getting paid off for these people to still be in the position they are in.  I always admired the people of France for how they decided to change things up at the right time.

I agree with you, except the French part as the ideals of the revolution were quickly perverted which resulted in the Reign of Terror. Same with the Russian Revolution. The Provosts did all the heavy lifting on that one, then Lenin and his Bolsheviks sneak in and steal power while the provosts (moderates) are taking their sweet time trying to organize a government. That's the problem. The ideals and principals of revolution are typically just and pure, however the scum and tyrants almost always come in after the fact, seize control, and the new boss makes the old boss look good by comparison.

IMO I have no problem with the royals per se, however I do believe at least 95% of their wealth and holdings should be confiscated and absorbed by the State to be used for social and developmental programs. After all, that is not their money, they did not earn it, they stole it over hundreds of years.

2 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

IMO I have no problem with the royals per se, however I do believe at least 95% of their wealth and holdings should be confiscated and absorbed by the State to be used for social and developmental programs. After all, that is not their money, they did not earn it, they stole it over hundreds of years.

I think they should be thrown out on the streets. Their legacy over the centuries is responsible for more death, slavery, civil wars, WORLD WARS, and destruction than any other lineage since the times of the Roman empire.

7 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

I do believe at least 95% of their wealth and holdings should be confiscated and absorbed by the State to be used for social and developmental programs. After all, that is not their money, they did not earn it, they stole it over hundreds of years.

By your own logic, so long as we are arbitrarily deciding whose wealth to confiscate, let's start with yours.

5 hours ago, Yossarian said:

Their legacy over the centuries is responsible for more death, slavery, civil wars, WORLD WARS, and destruction than any other lineage since the times of the Roman empire.

Rubbish. There is a wealth of knowledge and information on the internet....examine even a little?

9 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

By your own logic, so long as we are arbitrarily deciding whose wealth to confiscate, let's start with yours.

Gee Steve, I was given nothing in life, had to work my ass off for everything I have. By my own logic? What a simply ridiculous comment. Is property seizure by the state due to violations in criminal racketeering arbitrary? I could break it down for you how much the current royal line ( Saxe-Coburg Gotha) has looted from the peoples of the UK and it's various territories and holdings since they took over after Queen Victoria died in 1902 thereby ending the Hanoverian line but I assume you would be aware of all of that. Or maybe you believe it is ok for the wealthy and powerful to steal and loot from those of less power and influence? Arbitrary? Nothing could be more clear cut and justifiable.

When I start invading countries and stealing their wealth by all means, confiscate my holdings, until then, your statement is petty trolling.

On 10/11/2019 at 12:55 AM, PeaceFrogYum said:

Gee Steve, I was given nothing in life, had to work my ass off for everything I have. By my own logic? What a simply ridiculous comment. Is property seizure by the state due to violations in criminal racketeering arbitrary? I could break it down for you how much the current royal line ( Saxe-Coburg Gotha) has looted from the peoples of the UK and it's various territories and holdings since they took over after Queen Victoria died in 1902 thereby ending the Hanoverian line but I assume you would be aware of all of that. Or maybe you believe it is ok for the wealthy and powerful to steal and loot from those of less power and influence? Arbitrary? Nothing could be more clear cut and justifiable.

When I start invading countries and stealing their wealth by all means, confiscate my holdings, until then, your statement is petty trolling.

Why the English would continue to be subservient to this fraud, even only if ceremonially, speaks I think to the servile nature of that culture to please their masters in exchange for a pittance of the stolen global wealth of the world.

"Divine right of kings" my arse. Time for these people to go.

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2019 at 6:00 AM, Yossarian said:

Time for these people to go.

Things may be coming to that now.

Saw in the news that Prince Andrew is stepping down from all official responsibilities and the Queen kicked his office out of Buckingham Palace. I heard the Queen also cancelled a Prince Andrew birthday celebration for next year. This doesn't look good for the royal family who already have a loooooong history of outrageous and tawdry behavior. Not just this version of the royal family, but going back many, many centuries.

A sad state of affairs for such a wonderful nation to have this type of stain continuing to go on in this century. Child rape is a pretty serious charge, even if the girl was 17 at the time. Not sure if that is still considered rape in England, but it is here in America and why Roman Polanski has never returned to the U.S. to face the music.  What kind of man would willfully sexual abuse, molest, or rape a child?  ALLEGEDLY of course.

Edited by kipper

Just a breakdown of 20th century British Royal shenanigans:

They were pretty sedate actually from 1902 - 1918 but that is when things start going wonky. They had quite a bit to deal with during the early 20th century as opinions had turned considerably, royal houses were falling left and right of which the majority were directly related to the UK royal line. Believe me, this scared the shit outta them, plus, WWI. Once WWI ends you have the future Edward VIII (David) sticking his dick in anything that moved and involved the royal house in all sorts of scandal long before Wallace Simpson showed up. Ed VII & George V were both pretty good monarchs in general. The real problems started with David (Edward VIII) as he was not simply a Nazi sympathizer but collaborator. Thank god he was stupid enough to abdicate just so he could marry that horse-face Wallace (she cheated on him more times than Trump on Melania). Once Eddie was kinda gone (he still had his scandals), then you had all of Margaret's goings on. Another one who never met a penis she did not want...typically several times (John Bindon was one of Princess Margaret's lovers, during the time he was working as an East End mobster for the Cray's) and this behavior went on for decades.

Good news is after Edward VIII they seemed to learn their lesson and stay away from politics and governance as a whole.

Royals, wealthy people, celebrities, they all get a pass in modern society as the "average" person looks upon them as some sort of fantasy come to life. They can do all sorts of crap and as long as they apologize...all good. Andrew will be gone for a few years then return as if nothing happened.

If you think the Epstein thing stops at Andrew, no way. EVERYONE, and I mean everyone had their hands in that perverted pie. Trump, the Clintons', and just about every NY power broker & celebrity. This is why he mysteriously "killed himself." If the truth ever got out there would be real trouble. When people reach such lofty status it takes more and more to get their kicks. Freud wrote a book about this in 1902 (I believe) whereby he estimated the rates of incest & pedophilia among the wealthy was as high as 80% through his extensive research. He was forced to retract the book as the powers that be forced him to.

Its the same reason people believe in a personal god, they NEED something to believe in, to carry the weight, to aspire to even if that aspiration is impossible. Until people can rise above their petty fears and fantasies, we will always have royals and those who are in affect, de-facto royalty.

On 11/25/2019 at 9:53 PM, kipper said:

A sad state of affairs for such a wonderful nation to have this type of stain continuing to go on in this century. Child rape is a pretty serious charge, even if the girl was 17 at the time. Not sure if that is still considered rape in England, but it is here in America and why Roman Polanski has never returned to the U.S. to face the music.  What kind of man would willfully sexual abuse, molest, or rape a child?  ALLEGEDLY of course.

And not to mention the kind of shit that has been going on in the UK for years with the grooming gangs that the  authorities have been turning a blind eye to for fear of being branded racist. Just ask Tommy Robinson, they threw him in jail just for trying to call attention to it. PC gone mad, and where are the feminists, SJW's, MSM?  Where is the rage machine over the rapes? Crickets as usual.

Edited by cryingbluerain

On 11/28/2019 at 1:25 AM, cryingbluerain said:

And not to mention the kind of shit that has been going on in the UK for years with the grooming gangs that the  authorities have been turning a blind eye to for fear of being branded racist. Just ask Tommy Robinson, they threw him in jail just for trying to call attention to it. PC gone mad, and where are the feminists, SJW's, MSM?  Where is the rage machine over the rapes? Crickets as usual.

• 1 month later...

LOL--- is this a real "family" or are they just paid entertainers?  You know... like clowns?

Everyday when I see the current news on these "royals" I can't help but feel embarrassed for our cousins across the pond.

On 1/13/2020 at 1:11 PM, kipper said:

LOL--- is this a real "family" or are they just paid entertainers?  You know... like clowns?

Everyday when I see the current news on these "royals" I can't help but feel embarrassed for our cousins across the pond.

I hear ya Kip, thank god we have such a dignified and upstanding President and first family keeping things classy in the States.

Trump is a regular Calvin Coolidge :hysterical:

If Chuck is crowned, I think it will wrap up. Public interest and affection will burn out. If some kind of arrangement is made where Chuck hands it on to William off the bat without taking the crown - then I think they can milk it for a fair bit longer.

In all honesty, I don't really mind the royals now that they are not the actual power. Having the King/Queen SOLELY to safeguard the population against a tyrannical quirk government that needs to be dealt with has its merits. I know the monarchy has no veto or Governor General type power - but I think in a complete collapse and breakdown of the modern technological society it would be a very welcome fall back position. Tribalism and anarchy where "Government" power is lost will be best dealt with through an "allegiance" type system to start with. It is not for nothing that Kings and Queens once ruled - and often with a lot of support. NO WAY is it preferred as an option in this day and age - but take out world communications and technology through conflict (or disease, or natural disaster) that brings nations back a few centuries, and give me a monarchy to start off with. Fuck the "warlord" alternative.

I don't mind them at the moment. Harmless enough (for the most part).

4 hours ago, rm2551 said:

If Chuck is crowned, I think it will wrap up. Public interest and affection will burn out. If some kind of arrangement is made where Chuck hands it on to William off the bat without taking the crown - then I think they can milk it for a fair bit longer.

In all honesty, I don't really mind the royals now that they are not the actual power. Having the King/Queen SOLELY to safeguard the population against a tyrannical quirk government that needs to be dealt with has its merits. I know the monarchy has no veto or Governor General type power - but I think in a complete collapse and breakdown of the modern technological society it would be a very welcome fall back position. Tribalism and anarchy where "Government" power is lost will be best dealt with through an "allegiance" type system to start with. It is not for nothing that Kings and Queens once ruled - and often with a lot of support. NO WAY is it preferred as an option in this day and age - but take out world communications and technology through conflict (or disease, or natural disaster) that brings nations back a few centuries, and give me a monarchy to start off with. Fuck the "warlord" alternative.

I don't mind them at the moment. Harmless enough (for the most part).

I would be surprised if Charles ascended the throne upon Elizabeth's passing. Parliament will likely still have a hard-on for Camilla as her title would have to be king's consort which I believe Chuckie would have a real problem with. And, he is old and would likely serve a short time anyway. Always figured the crown would pass to William.

Maybe for kicks Harry will pull a Bolingbroke and we can watch the fun begin.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2019 at 6:25 AM, cryingbluerain said:

"Robinson was not jailed for engaging in journalism, or for merely reporting on alleged criminality. He was jailed for violating a court order, breaching the terms of an existing suspended sentence, and potentially risking the collapse of an ongoing trial." https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tommy-robinson-arrest/

33 minutes ago, Ady said:

"Robinson was not jailed for engaging in journalism, or for merely reporting on alleged criminality. He was jailed for violating a court order, breaching the terms of an existing suspended sentence, and potentially risking the collapse of an ongoing trial." https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tommy-robinson-arrest/

Hi Ady. :wave: Can’t let pesky facts get in the way....

Grooming Gangs? Give me a break, it was one group of loons. They were busted and convicted so...no story. By that metric every white guy should be judged by the actions of the Aryan Nations. This conspiracy theory brought to you by the same dimwits which gave us Pizza-Gate.