El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie 10/10/19 on Netflix

Yossarian

I watched 1/2 of it last night. Really liked it however, its been so long since I've seen the show so I've forgotten some of the characters and their juxtaposition in the show. The vacuum repair/sales guy for example, Todd, Uncle Jack....

If you were a fan of the original show I think you'll dig El Camino - you may want to binge watch the last season of Breaking Bad before starting EC. 

Oh man! I just read that Robert Forster who played the Vacuum guy died last night! IMDB page here: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001233/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

He's in a couple of my favorite films: Jackie Brown 1997 and Medium Cool filmed in Chicago during the 1968 Democratic Convention and Washington DC. Released the next year in 1969. 

RIP Robert Forster 1941 - 2019  

11 hours ago, Yossarian said:

Movie was great. Anyone who didn't like it is mentally handicapped at best

Call me simple Simon then as I thought it sucked. The plot was meandering and the whole storyline made no sense. Complete waste of time IMO. The scene which completely showed how bad and nonsensical the movie was: Jesse in the desert with jackass, gets his gun from the glovebox and then...gives it back to jackass. Stupid! Now I know the reason is supposed to be because the cartel would kill Jessie's family if he ran, but, jackass explained the whole clan was away at some lake. Jessie could have easily drilled that psycho, took the car, stolen his loot, warned and re-located his family, hid the cash, turned himself in and became a witness for the state with immunity and witness protection.

Oh well, opportunity missed.

28 minutes ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Call me simple Simon then as I thought it sucked. The plot was meandering and the whole storyline made no sense. Complete waste of time IMO. The scene which completely showed how bad and nonsensical the movie was: Jesse in the desert with jackass, gets his gun from the glovebox and then...gives it back to jackass. Stupid! Now I know the reason is supposed to be because the cartel would kill Jessie's family if he ran, but, jackass explained the whole clan was away at some lake. Jessie could have easily drilled that psycho, took the car, stolen his loot, warned and re-located his family, hid the cash, turned himself in and became a witness for the state with immunity and witness protection.

Oh well, opportunity missed.

****SPOILER ALERT******

v

v

v

v

I just finished watching it and I liked. it. In 2 hours you can't really do a sequel to Breaking Bad so I would categorize 'El Camino" as an epilogue--- and in this case a comment/conclusion on the character Jesse Pinkman.

Jesse's character deserved a conclusion. He was the ONLY one of the main players who did not have a conclusion. And I understand why, because at the end of Breaking Bad it would have been too anti-climatic to have done another two hours just to solve Jesse's problem after being freed by Walter.  So Vince Gilligan makes us wait for it which I think makes for a sweeter taste at the end.

Only two things I didn't like was how damn FAT the character who played Todd had become. Dude have a salad!!!!  And I thought Walter White's part seemed a bit off.  I know he was just there to juxtapose how he (Walt) was near the end of his success--- finally late in life... or so he surmised at that point in the story having just done a large cook which would have made Walt enough to cover his original plan. And that compared to Jesse, still young, and now with all of this money and his life ahead of him.  I just though Brian Cranston didn't recapture the essence in that scene with Jesse.

What was really great was Skinny Pete stepping up to figure out how to get the cops off of Jesse and do it so quickly.

I also loved Robert Forrester's final appearance; this movie could not have been done without his part being included.

12 hours ago, kipper said:

What was really great was Skinny Pete stepping up to figure out how to get the cops off of Jesse and do it so quickly.

I also loved Robert Forrester's final appearance; this movie could not have been done without his part being included.

Now this I agree with. The beginning of the movie was strong with Skinny & the other guy but after that the movie was just too scattered, too much which made no sense. Robert Forrester was also great, fantastic character actor who was amazing in Jackie Brown.