Strange Sensation

Timetraveller

And you're rolling your eyes at me because?????

:huh:

Just having a little fun with your use of the word phenomenal in reference to Strange Sensation. You are definitely entitled to an opinion, but phenomenal? I just feel that words like phenomenal and great are referenced far to loosely these days with regards to music or anything in general. Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones are or were phenomenal, Strange Sensation is just good, and by all accounts over. Just my take, didn't mean to offend. :)

Any cool linx to Strange Sensation?

....I remember Robert saying that he was "having fun" with his band Strange Sensation before his recent successful venture, which leads me to "believe" and speculate that he is still interested....

I enjoyed this article, very in-depth with Robert Plant:

http://www.afropop.org/multi/interview/ID/...lant-Mali,+2003

Just having a little fun with your use of the word phenomenal in reference to Strange Sensation. You are definitely entitled to an opinion, but phenomenal? I just feel that words like phenomenal and great are referenced far to loosely these days with regards to music or anything in general. Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones are or were phenomenal, Strange Sensation is just good, and by all accounts over. Just my take, didn't mean to offend. :)

.....Perhaps Robert Plant cannot be separated in our minds...He remains, who he is..Greatest Front-man of Legendary Led Zeppelin....it's natural to distinguish his exceptional inner-creativity....

But agreed, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin were indeed Cultural phenomena remain unmatched....

:) :)

I thought SS were a wonderful band too, not in the same league as Zeppelin (an entirely different kind of band with a different purpose), though I doubt ninelives was inferring that they were. But a cracking band nevertheless--I saw them many times too.

I thought they were a great band and a good foil for Robert musically. I don't think of them in the same light as Zep but that doesn't mean they aren't great in their own right.

I thought they were a great band and a good foil for Robert musically. I don't think of them in the same light as Zep but that doesn't mean they aren't great in their own right.

Or we can use a word which Robert is very fond of recently, spectacular. :D

For me, SS worked best when they stuck to playing their original songs. When they ventured into Zeppelin territory, which has to happen because of Robert, that's where they lose me. Im stubborn when in comes to "hearing" Zeppelin. I need to hear that bottom end sound that Zeppelin was known for, Sensation doesn't have that. They're not that type of band which is perfectly fine. :yesnod:

For me, SS worked best when they stuck to playing their original songs. When they ventured into Zeppelin territory, which has to happen because of Robert, that's where they lose me. Im stubborn when in comes to "hearing" Zeppelin. I need to hear that bottom end sound that Zeppelin was known for, Sensation doesn't have that. They're not that type of band which is perfectly fine. :yesnod:

I liked how they rearranged the Zep tunes and respected the fact they didn't try to sound like Zep but I know not everyone grooved on that :)

I thought SS were a wonderful band too, not in the same league as Zeppelin (an entirely different kind of band with a different purpose), though I doubt ninelives was inferring that they were. But a cracking band nevertheless--I saw them many times too.

Agreed, though there were two numbers which didn't float my boat.

Anyway, there is a space to be watched, so watch it. :)

I think that's exactly the problem of many Zeppelin fans with Robert Plant, they have to compare everything he did with what it used to be in Led Zeppelin, what Robert haven't intended to do. But well, everyone is perfectly entitled to their own opinion.

Still I think SS and Mighty Rearranger have received a softer reception than Raising Sand, :P , with which some people began to call him Hillbilly Bob and Alison Yoko.

I think that's exactly the problem of many Zeppelin fans with Robert Plant, they have to compare everything he did with what it used to be in Led Zeppelin, what Robert haven't intended to do. But well, everyone is perfectly entitled to their own opinion.

Still I think SS and Mighty Rearranger have received a softer reception than Raising Sand, :P , with which some people began to call him Hillbilly Bob and Alison Yoko.

Agreed - I don't expect anything Robert does to sound like Zep because it can't (nor do I need it to). I listen to whatever it is on its own merit.

Archived