• 1 month later...
New found date

------------------

August 13, 2003

Art Club 44

Kiev, Ukraine

Robert Plant and Mr. Och & His Root Boys

rp2003081303.th.jpg

Very interesting. I show Robert & Strange Sensation were bused to Paralepa following the after-show party at Ultima Thule in Minsk, Belorussia on 8/12/03. They checked

into the Premier Palace in the early morning hours of 8/13, where they prepared for

their 8/14/03 Olympiasky Stadium gig and held a press conference before going out for the evening. So now we know he did a bit 'o jamming out on the tiles that night!

Very interesting. I show Robert & Strange Sensation were bused to Paralepa following the after-show party at Ultima Thule in Minsk, Belorussia on 8/12/03. They checked

into the Premier Palace in the early morning hours of 8/13, where they prepared for

their 8/14/03 Olympiasky Stadium gig and held a press conference before going out for the evening. So now we know he did a bit 'o jamming out on the tiles that night!

Here is the press conference

rp2003081301.jpg

We'll assume the jam with Mr. Och & His Root Boys came after (and they provided support, along with Karamazov Brothers and Threesome Cowboys the next night at Stadium Olimpiysky)

rp2003081410.jpg

Here is the press conference

rp2003081301.jpg

We'll assume the jam with Mr. Och & His Root Boys came after (and they provided support, along with Karamazov Brothers and Threesome Cowboys the next night at Stadium Olimpiysky)

rp2003081410.jpg

:bravo:

Would any of the Kiev images you have posted be video captures, to your knowledge?

:bravo:

Would any of the Kiev images you have posted be video captures, to your knowledge?

The press conference - appears to be

The concert - They do not appear to be - just someone with a good zoom lens.

I was at the concert. Shame that I did not make any photoes at the concert, nor saved any that were published in those days. I found this article though rather small and not very informative (perhaps the author had a couple of beers before the concert, which in fact started at seven, there were also some other minor misstatements, such as the name of the Cowboy trio and the chain of events) :rolleyes:

Article in Russian. Here's what it says in English, I translated a piece of it:

The concert

It was a mind-blasting event in the concert life of the City of Kyiv. Robert Plant is a walking legend, an object of ladies’ desire in 1970s, one of the founders of Led Zeppelin.

Tickets for the cost of UAH 25 (fan zone) were sold out, and the show began at 6 p.m. Bratja Karamazovy played first. After they played a set of six songs the fans finally convinced them to pay “Malen’kaya Staya”. Then there was another “local” band of a slightly different style, Mad Heads, as it played the yells “We Want Plant!” grew louder.

The Ukrainians were done by 7 p.m. and Robert Plant’s technicians began to line-check the equipment, which lasted for 40 minutes, after which the musicians showed up and started to play intro. The long-expected Plant appeared at eight o’clock. The stadium exploded. There were very few Led Zep songs, if at all, played during his two-hours show, he mostly performed songs from his new project. But he had no choice anyway at the very end while playing encore.

The sound. The concert’s sound was represented by Bita-music, here’s the approximate list of what was used during the show (here follows the list).

Since of were asking, here's the link to another Ukrainian site where you may download a tiny tiny bit of the press-conference, seems the very end of it. Look for "Video ROBERT PLANT" brownish section to the right. The images are sort of blurry, still I was glad I found it - thanks to you! Robert Plant August 2003

Great find Vega! I selected the High Windows Media version, and it was a very clear video with great sound.
Thank you Evster2012, I did the same and finally heard the joke ("and who is this girl there by you") :P Glad to see you are back!

Not sure if this has been posted before. It's a performance of Robert and The Strange Sensation did back in, if I remember correctly, 2002? For me it's amusing and sad at the same time to hear him talking about Bonzo, and Morning Dew is a beautiful song.

storytellers

Not sure if this has been posted before. It's a performance of Robert and The Strange Sensation did back in, if I remember correctly, 2002? For me it's amusing and sad at the same time to hear him talking about Bonzo, and Morning Dew is a beautiful song.

storytellers

Yes it was 2002. The whole program was fantastic. It's a great forum for Robert to be able to talk about the songs that had such an impact on him. He tells a great story about him and Charlie Jones walking into a club where the stage changed location and there was a Zep tribute band on and no way for him to escape :lol: But yes, the story he tells about Bonzo is poignant

• 1 month later...

not sure if this is the right threa, but then i dint wanna start a new one.

found this cute little lively video of Justin & Juldeh, that i just wanted to share with those who care:

http://www.linktv.org/worldmusic?bcpid=125...tid=30616899001

this could have easily been my summer hit 2009 if i were still listening to radio and if the radio had played it..

found this cute little lively video of Justin & Juldeh, that i just wanted to share with those who care:

this could have easily been my summer hit 2009 if i were still listening to radio and if the radio had played it..

:thumbsup: That's fantastic!!!! The new album is really great - more of a Bo Diddley meets North Africa feel as you can hear from the song in the video. Good find and many thanks for posting :D

Great video! Thanks for posting!

This is truly an amazing video! Thanks for posting!

I liked how they rearranged the Zep tunes and respected the fact they didn't try to sound like Zep but I know not everyone grooved on that :)

I really like Strange Sensation. They would be my 2nd choice for Robert's next recording/tour (after Sonny Landreth). I posted a new thread about combining members of Zep & Kansas

(Plant, Page, Jones, Ehart & Walsh). However, sometimes when I listen to Kansas, I am reminded more of Strange Sensation-esp if they added Nigel Kennedy, which I think would be awesome! Strange Sensation is a more modern sounding band than Kansas and has the African influence. I think Strange Sensation could pull off instrumentals like The Spider, as well as some of Kansas' other songs (While Kansas isn't my favorite band-I haven't heard many of their albums, and like the Beatles, their strong points were composition and studio recording, vs Zep's virtuosity, improvisation and intensity-Point of Know Return might be my favorite ALBUM by a rock band.).

The first time I noticed you can superimpose the first 8 bars of Brubeck's Take 5 onto Four Sticks is when I heard the Strange Sensation version (I love the intertwining guitars on the intro by Justin & the other guy, whose name I always forget-not Slash or Sting, but a single name) from the Soundstage DVD.

I really like Strange Sensation. They would be my 2nd choice for Robert's next recording/tour (after Sonny Landreth). I posted a new thread about combining members of Zep & Kansas

(Plant, Page, Jones, Ehart & Walsh). However, sometimes when I listen to Kansas, I am reminded more of Strange Sensation-esp if they added Nigel Kennedy, which I think would be awesome! Strange Sensation is a more modern sounding band than Kansas and has the African influence. I think Strange Sensation could pull off instrumentals like The Spider, as well as some of Kansas' other songs (While Kansas isn't my favorite band-I haven't heard many of their albums, and like the Beatles, their strong points were composition and studio recording, vs Zep's virtuosity, improvisation and intensity-Point of Know Return might be my favorite ALBUM by a rock band.).

The first time I noticed you can superimpose the first 8 bars of Brubeck's Take 5 onto Four Sticks is when I heard the Strange Sensation version (I love the intertwining guitars on the intro by Justin & the other guy, whose name I always forget-not Slash or Sting, but a single name) from the Soundstage DVD.

His name is Skin. I don't hear Kansas at all in Strange Sensation's sound :unsure:

His name is Skin. I don't hear Kansas at all in Strange Sensation's sound :unsure:

I definitely don't hear that either. They're completely different bands. SS was always about moving forward and I don't see that with Kansas.

I definitely don't hear that either. They're completely different bands. SS was always about moving forward and I don't see that with Kansas.

I sometimes hear common things between music that doesn't seem related. The other day I heard a pop song where I thought the melody resolved like a Mahler melody, but now I don't remember what song it was!

Archived