The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is more like the Hall of Lame

Yossarian

On 10/12/2019 at 6:20 AM, Yossarian said:

How is this place even relevant if they induct Roxy Music in the same year as Janet Jackson?  How is Janet Jackson even inducted in the first place?  Why did it take Deep Purple decades to finally get nominated?

This place is LAME.

Its because Jann Wiener has the final say on who is inducted. If he don't like you, no soup for you!

On 10/12/2019 at 9:20 AM, Yossarian said:

How is this place even relevant if they induct Roxy Music in the same year as Janet Jackson?  How is Janet Jackson even inducted in the first place?  Why did it take Deep Purple decades to finally get nominated?

This place is LAME.

Amen.  its a joke.  I think in recent years they have tried to put more of the bands that are truly deserving?  Not sure when Zeppelin went in but it was never fast enough.  If there was a true Hall of Fame the list would be much shorter.  Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Stones, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Eagles, would be my top of the list groups.  Add Deep Purple to that, sorry.  Aerosmith must be on there and Rush.  Then Alice Cooper and Ozzie (Black Sabbath), Cream (Eric Clapton), Yardbirds,   Beach Boys.  If you are going to put Janet Jackson, then you have to put Hermans Hermits.  There

This thread is beating a dead horse...we've known the RRHOF sucks for a long time. See the RRHOF thread in the "Other Bands/Music" section of this forum for proof.

On 10/16/2019 at 7:55 AM, PeaceFrogYum said:

Especially Priest, WTF Jann??? We know Rob didn't shag your wife so what's the problem bud?

Maybe Jann is upset Rob didn't shag him?

12 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Amen.  its a joke.  I think in recent years they have tried to put more of the bands that are truly deserving?  Not sure when Zeppelin went in but it was never fast enough.  If there was a true Hall of Fame the list would be much shorter.  Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Stones, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Eagles, would be my top of the list groups.  Add Deep Purple to that, sorry.  Aerosmith must be on there and Rush.  Then Alice Cooper and Ozzie (Black Sabbath), Cream (Eric Clapton), Yardbirds,   Beach Boys.  If you are going to put Janet Jackson, then you have to put Hermans Hermits.  There

Actually, Led Zeppelin was one of the few who got in immediately upon being eligible. You become eligible for Jann's circle-jerk 25 years from your first album. Hence, Led Zeppelin was inducted in 1994, 25 years after 1969. Neil Young was also inducted that year. 

18 hours ago, Strider said:

This thread is beating a dead horse...we've known the RRHOF sucks for a long time. See the RRHOF thread in the "Other Bands/Music" section of this forum for proof.

Maybe Jann is upset Rob didn't shag him?

Actually, Led Zeppelin was one of the few who got in immediately upon being eligible. You become eligible for Jann's circle-jerk 25 years from your first album. Hence, Led Zeppelin was inducted in 1994, 25 years after 1969. Neil Young was also inducted that year. 

Ah, I love Neil Young. After the Gold Rush, Harvest.