New Led Zeppelin Book?

Bill H.

I ran into a neighbor today who said they were recently interviewed by someone working on a new LZ book.  It seems to address the early days of LZ in the U.S., and how they "broke" in those first years.  Anyone else heard about this?  I'm sorry I forgot the name of the writer already.  I'll ask Jerry more the next time I see him.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, no.  I can't.  Over lunch today, I asked.  He never heard back from the guy, and barely remembered him.  No problem, we talked for a few hours about turning WLL into a radio single, marketing HOTH dressed up like a football captain (American), working at Atlantic, etc..  He's pitching an idea for a rock drummer's exhibit to the Musical Instrument Museum here in Scottsdale.

As a Gen-X'er, I don't really see the value in such a book.  Anyone alive then knew how dead the hippie movement had become.   Maybe the Millennials will pick read and understand more.

Jerry = Jerry Greenberg.

• 3 months later...

Any book on led zeppelin in the past or the future is better than mick walls book which had those pointless italicised parts at the start of the chapters. Where they just mick wall bullshitting in those parts ? Didn’t jimmy threaten to sue him over the book ? 

Edited by Zeppelinandroses

16 hours ago, Zeppelinandroses said:

Any book on led zeppelin in the past or the future is better than mick walls book which had those pointless italicised parts at the start of the chapters. Where they just mick wall bullshitting in those parts ? Didn’t jimmy threaten to sue him over the book ? 

Jimmy didn't threaten to sue Mick Wall, but that book ended their friendship because Jimmy feels Mick published comments that were off the record. 

“It has been made plain through mutual friends that I’ve burned my bridges with him,” says Mick.

“But you know what? I’m 50 now.

“When I was 30, 35, even 40, it was very important for me to keep those doors open with Jimmy.

“But now it’s far less important.

“I’ve had 20 years of talking to him and I don’t really need to talk to him again.

“I know him almost too well. They say familiarity breeds contempt. I don’t think it’s turned into contempt by any means, but the novelty wore off a long time ago.”

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/meticulously-researched-account-of-the-world-of-led-236359

On 3/1/2020 at 12:21 AM, SteveAJones said:

“It has been made plain through mutual friends that I’ve burned my bridges with him,” says Mick.

“But you know what? I’m 50 now.

“When I was 30, 35, even 40, it was very important for me to keep those doors open with Jimmy.

“But now it’s far less important.

“I’ve had 20 years of talking to him and I don’t really need to talk to him again.

“I know him almost too well. They say familiarity breeds contempt. I don’t think it’s turned into contempt by any means, but the novelty wore off a long time ago.”

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/meticulously-researched-account-of-the-world-of-led-236359

How very arrogant. “Yep Jimmy served his purpose. Now that I’ve made plenty of money by breaking his trust, I don’t need him any more. Oh well”

• 8 months later...