Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
leveebroke

Have you guys played or bought the Jimmy Page Mirror Tele?

Hi everyone,

In the market for a 'grail' guitar. I recently tested the Fender Jimmy Page Mirror Tele and thought it was absolutely amazing. Granted this was in a music store, and for not very long. I don't currently own a Telecaster, just a Gibson Explorer. I love Jimmy Page but never thought of myself as a signature guitar type of buyer. It's also quite pricey... for anyone that has held one, played one, or has one, is it worth it? Is it a good Tele specimen to own? 

edit: I should probably mention I would NOT put the mirrors on it, I think that's a little gimmicky. 

Edited by leveebroke
more details

As a Tele player myself, I bought an American Standard version years ago. I took the guitar to a luthier with my specs and artwork for the guitar. As Jimmy's Dragon Tele has always been my favorite, I wanted to create my own in my own style, not a copy of Jimmy's. My Dragon Tele is a true dragon design in reds, greens, purples, & gold against a black stained alder-wood body. The effect is stunning and the guitar plays beautifully...plus no one else has one.

The guitar cost me $1,200 new and the upgrades and artwork another $600. Not bad IMO.

FYI: Jimmy's Dragon Tele is not a dragon design, it is a combination of a floral & paisley type pattern that kinds resembles a dragon by chance.