Trying to identify a song on a bootleg

Axe34

This may be a long shot but it's something I've been trying to solve since the '80s. My memory's a bit cloudy on some details so bear with me. 

When I was in high school (1987-1990) I purchased a bootleg cassette from a new/used record store. I don't have it anymore but I'm pretty sure it was called Heartbreaker. There's a chance it may have been on Superstition (which I also owned, pictured below) but I don't think so.

qljmliqolu821.jpg

It was the audio from a concert (can't remember which one) but there was a song at the end of the second side of the cassette. 

It was an acoustic song that sounded like Page's style. It was fairly polished and was definitely recorded in a studio. But here's the weird thing -- in between verses parts of Plant's Black Dog vocals were dubbed in. So it would go > acoustic playing with no vocals > "Hey, hey mama said the way you move/Gon' make you sweat, gon' make you groove > more acoustic playing > Ah ah child way ya shake that thing /Gon' make you burn, gon' make you sting > more acoustic playing and so on.

I remember bringing it back to the record store and asking the owner if he knew what the song was and he didn't have a clue.

To be clear, it wasn't any acoustic song that appeared on any studio album.

It's been driving me crazy for more than 30 years. 😖

Yay! I can now die in peace. 😄 Although the former newspaper reporter in me wants to find Messenger/Dartnell and ask them about it. 

Brings back a lot of memories of me driving around in 1989 as a 17-year-old blasting cassette bootlegs in my parent's station wagon.

Thanks everyone.

Edited by Axe34

• 2 years later...

Hi there, I actually still have that cassette.  The songs on it include Heartbeaker, Whole Lotta Love, White Summer, Communication Breakdown, I Can't Quit U, and How Many More Times.

I don't have a cassette player anymore but I've been holding on to that tape hoping to hear it again.  I recall the rendition of white summer was amazing.