TSRTS is Mobile AL

Listen to NQ and D&C tell me it's not verbatim "MSG"...

Those are just the ones you can get the nuances from, stuff like Black Dog and RnR it sounds EXACTLY the same

Celebration Day too, that solo is only doable once and all the intricate parts are here and on the 07 remaster

Either Pagey was channelling himself from the future or it's the same fucking show spliced up.

Edited by TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

LZFilm or someone needs to put these tracks over TSRTS and I'm damn sure theres some synchronisation.

I find it VERY interesting certain shows have SOME parts of the show soundboarded like D&C's solos and the WLL medleys (the only parts of the show you can only do ONCE) like in Hamburg, Vienna and others all of which I hear tiny drops of in the final "MSG" mix, Essen too especially.

Edited by TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

Two songs in and this kooky theory is already blown out of the water. "Rock and Roll" and "Celebration Day" aren't even close to the TSRTS soundtrack versions.

Mobile '73 is a fine show but it was not used for "TSRTS". I hear all sorts of differences between Mobile and the three MSG shows used for the movie. The "Celebration Day" outro solo in "TSRTS" is a one-of-a-kind solo, never duplicated...not even at the other two MSG shows.

Same thing with "No Quarter". I can hear the difference between Mobile and MSG. I don't give a fuck what some Youtuber says. Those algorithms are about as valid as Wikipedia or Facebook. 

Find another conspiracy theory to sell...we're full up here.

Edited by Strider

1 hour ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Those are just the ones you can get the nuances from, stuff like Black Dog and RnR it sounds EXACTLY the same

Celebration Day too, that solo is only doable once and all the intricate parts are here and on the 07 remaster

Either Pagey was channelling himself from the future or it's the same fucking show spliced up.

Unsubstantiated horseshit! This is what the big leagues looks like: http://thegardentapes.co.uk/tgt.html

It's not verbatim "MSG".

More proof your hearing is off. The 2007 remaster removed the great "Celebration Day" solo that was on the original TSRTS soundtrack.

58 minutes ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

I've heard that d&c MORE than enough times to hear the same solo there. It's the SAME in parts

Listen to the Black Dog and tell me it's not the same damn tune

What are you even arguing here? That "Black Dog" is the same tune as "Dazed & Confused"? Your post is muddled.

If you are trying to say that the Mobile "Black Dog" is the same as the TSRTS "Black Dog", well then of course it's the same damn tune. But they are not the same performance.

"Black Dog" wasn't like "Dazed and Confused", "How Many More Times", "SIBLY" and other more improvisational songs. They played it with little variation for the most part. But even a cursory listen to Mobile's "Black Dog" reveals enough different vocal inflections by Plant, Bonham's accents, and Page's riffing to see that it is not the same as MSG "TSRTS" version.

So in the film SSRTS you're suggesting that the actual film of them onstage at MSG they're miming to a playback from Mobile? and then at Shepperton they're miming to a film of them miming to a playback of Mobile?

Black Dog has a different guitar solo and noticeably different vocals. if you think they're identical you're getting carried away with your own hunch. They are similar but they're not that similar. But then they're bound to be similar playing the same set list every night and despite Page's insistence that every night they were walking the tightrope of improvisation, they weren't and some sections eg the rockabilly part of WLL are always pretty much the same in template, variations in parts but mostly similar..

12 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

I find it VERY interesting certain shows have SOME parts of the show soundboarded like D&C's solos and the WLL medleys (the only parts of the show you can only do ONCE) like in Hamburg, Vienna and others all of which I hear tiny drops of in the final "MSG" mix, Essen too especially.

are you suggesting that in the released soundtrack Page used snippets of the European tour? that's very difficult to do, variances in volume, tone and speed. I think Page had enough on his plate dealing with just the three MSG shows

SIBLY is nowhere near the same as MSG version. Not that I thought there was any substance in this suggestion but I'm enjoying listening to the Mobile show anyway though,

In Celebration Day the closing solo is very different from the 1976 original TSRTS version AND the 2007/2018  version.  The solo in the middle of the song is very similar to every 1973 version because that is one of the very few solos that Page played very much the same just about every night.  Not only was it always very much the same, it is just about the only solo he consistently played very close to the studio version.  It is a very "composed" solo.

Aside from that, the difference are just too numerous to count.  Just listen to all the vocal dropouts from Plant throughout.

On the other hand, this remaster is fantastic.

The solos are similar in some parts yeah, but not completely as others have said and especially No quarter has a very distinct sound not just on keyboards and quite different and less developed phrasing and a substantially different sound on guitar, which probably couldn't be changed enough in the studio, especially for the 1976 release.

Such debates probably arise from all the patching on TSRTS and also Plant's vocal problems that year, which for some time for some people also perhaps indicated, that some members of Zeppelin had trouble playing their own music techically even in the early years, which is not true, although they were not that technical, it was more about feel in some ways.

And it's also very hard to visually verify it especially for No quarter and Dazed and Celebration day aswell, but there is no need for that, I've been listening to Mobile solos since high school and they are noticeably different.

Just relax man and always be sure what you are trying to say and why exactly and since you are talking about a very concrete, objective thing, how about patching together some long enough sections one after another, so we can hear this are the same parts. I'm sure we can accept it, if you communicate it to us.

Edited by SamoKodela

On 10/21/2019 at 7:40 PM, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Thought I was among people who would realise. Obviously not

What...? At first I thought you were just trolling, but can you really not hear the obvious differences in what's being played here...?

You do realize that Page playing similar passages or motifs doesn't mean it's all from one show, right? This is pretty ridiculous man.

Edited by 1998giventofly

On 10/21/2019 at 4:36 PM, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

See on YT.

It even has used it's algorithms to determine this Black Dog is the TSRTS Black Dog.

Screenshot from 2019-10-21 21-35-50.png

I'm the uploader of the video you linked, and using YouTube's algorithms to back up your argument won't do you any favors. They are faulty at best. I once uploaded a Zeppelin show, and YouTube flagged it for copyright claiming that I had used a song from the heavy metal band Saxon. Obviously, I did not, but the algorithm said I did. This kind of thing happens all the time. I tried uploading Toronto 1971, and YouTube claimed I had used Stairway from BBC Sessions. It's done by bots which are very prone to error and thus not reliable by any stretch of the imagination.

On 10/23/2019 at 7:46 PM, Xolo1974 said:

I don’t know why everyone is getting so het up. Somebody had a theory. It’s been quickly debunked. Move on, nothing to see here. 

Past history with the OP I presume.  Plus it appears by his last post, he still thinks he is correct.  

:popcorn2: