TSRTS is Mobile AL

15 minutes ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

You continue to bring nothing to this but insults, is this all you have to offer anymore?

I offered you the link to Eddie Edwards meticulous research (The Garden Tapes) THREE TIMES yet you just kept going on and on. You are finished TheStupidityRemainsTheSame. You'll never make the big leagues.

1 hour ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Why do the AUD bootlegs randomly get cut into recordings from the console, Essen, Vienna both examples of this happening for the same songs.

Again, the copies we have were made this way:

Jimmy has the entire soundboard and then upon listening to them in the late 1980s he made himself a copy of the parts he liked the most.  Maybe for new ideas for himself.

What we have are simply those edited down copies.   Not the full master copy (which is complete).

Edited by Sticks of Fire

Because soundboard recordings are mostly better than audience recordings. So if a bootlegger has an audience tape of a gig but there are sections available from soundboard it's better to edit them in, particularly if the audience tape isn't great

the soundboard recordings could be from the stash of tapes stolen from Page long ago. Bands sometimes record gigs to playback to themselves to check how the shows are sounding. And in Zeppelins case it seems the jam sections of songs are what Page was listening to, maybe to develop and refine cues to progress from one section to another and to see what motifs and licks work best

On 11/4/2019 at 4:05 PM, SteveAJones said:

I offered you the link to Eddie Edwards meticulous research (The Garden Tapes) THREE TIMES yet you just kept going on and on. You are finished TheStupidityRemainsTheSame. You'll never make the big leagues.

Big leagues?

I could sling some insults back but I just want to discuss this...

On 11/4/2019 at 5:06 PM, Sticks of Fire said:

Again, the copies we have were made this way:

Jimmy has the entire soundboard and then upon listening to them in the late 1980s he made himself a copy of the parts he liked the most.  Maybe for new ideas for himself.

What we have are simply those edited down copies.   Not the full master copy (which is complete).

How do you know Jimmy has the entire SBDs.?

Why in each of those EU shows does it meticulously only provide the SBD source for the major medleys.7

Playback and listen yes maybe so but it happened and is odd. 

1 hour ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Why in each of those EU shows does it meticulously only provide the SBD source for the major medleys.7

question 1. specifically I don't. im going on the reporting of others and common sense, and what other bands do. this is common practice. He might not have had the entire soundboards, ie for every gig as maybe some gigs they didn't make a tape of the mixdown for keeping, more likely in the early years but for those that were recorded Page had them. maybe copies were made for the other members of the band as well but if so this doesn't seem to be reported.it was essentially page's band and he paid more attention to these things seemingly, which is why its him that's in charge of all the releases, live albums and the DVD etc

he doesn't have all the soundboards now as he had a stash of tapes stolen in the 80s(?). 

question 2: I don't know and I doubt that is the case. there are pretty much whole gigs released that are soundboard recordings, particularly the 1980 gigs. try reading around the live forum and bootleg sites for more information

2 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Going by the March 1973 soundboards; it appears for every one we have; they contain what would have been on Tape #2 containing the last part of the concerts.  IE, whoever stole these from Jimmy didn’t get the first reel of each concert.  Do we know 100% for sure; maybe not.  But with the evidence it’s a pretty sure bet. 

Why would they purposely tell the sound man; “Don’t record the full show, only record two parts...”.   Doesn’t make sense.  It would be a pain in the ass.   They simply set up the tapes and hit record, and flipped them/added a new one when they ran out.

18 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

Going by the March 1973 soundboards; it appears for every one we have; they contain what would have been on Tape #2 containing the last part of the concerts.  IE, whoever stole these from Jimmy didn’t get the first reel of each concert.  Do we know 100% for sure; maybe not.  But with the evidence it’s a pretty sure bet. 

Why would they purposely tell the sound man; “Don’t record the full show, only record two parts...”.   Doesn’t make sense.  It would be a pain in the ass.   They simply set up the tapes and hit record, and flipped them/added a new one when they ran out.

Not saying it made sense, I am saying it's an anomaly that should be explored.

19 hours ago, jsj said:

question 1. specifically I don't. im going on the reporting of others and common sense, and what other bands do. this is common practice. He might not have had the entire soundboards, ie for every gig as maybe some gigs they didn't make a tape of the mixdown for keeping, more likely in the early years but for those that were recorded Page had them. maybe copies were made for the other members of the band as well but if so this doesn't seem to be reported.it was essentially page's band and he paid more attention to these things seemingly, which is why its him that's in charge of all the releases, live albums and the DVD etc

he doesn't have all the soundboards now as he had a stash of tapes stolen in the 80s(?). 

question 2: I don't know and I doubt that is the case. there are pretty much whole gigs released that are soundboard recordings, particularly the 1980 gigs. try reading around the live forum and bootleg sites for more information

How does the theft from "the bitches" relate to this?

They weren't cutting the tapes apart from they 

8 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

They weren't cutting the tapes apart from they 

“The bitches”? Sorry I don’t know what you’re trying to say

On 11/6/2019 at 10:18 PM, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Big leagues?

I could sling some insults back but I just want to discuss this...

I'll bet you do.

3 hours ago, jsj said:

“The bitches”? Sorry I don’t know what you’re trying to say

Neither does he. 

16 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

You are being a misogynist and that is simply ignorant and unacceptable. Maybe they were very nice ladies? Maybe they were not ladies? Maybe the tapes were never stolen and Jimmy simply lost them while on a bender. Either way, knock it off with the generalizations. How would you like it if you were referred to as "some INCEL dude?"

Ok, I was skeptical about this being a far-fetched load of bologna but I just took samples of both shows, set the tempo the same just to be sure, panned each sample to one side and played them simultaneously and I didn't actually do any of that because these are two different shows and it's far-fetched bologna.

• 2 weeks later...

Why was my post deleted?

On 12/27/2007 at 7:02 PM, SteveAJones said:

Jimmy refers to the thieves as "those two bitches" because they were two women who were staying as guests in his home at the time. They helped themselves to several of the 1980 soundboard tapes which were subsequently released by bootleggers.