Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
exquinn

Page and Black Dog at Boleskine

Recommended Posts

Another from Dougie Corrance's archive: Another shot from my archive, early 1970s. Jimmy Page with Boleskine graveyard and Loch Ness in the background.

FB_IMG_1572100425419.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

That photo is so great it should have been included in Jimmy's book! 😎

Agreed! Great photo, exquinn - thanks for sharing! 😎👍🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 10:25 AM, sixpense said:

Cool picture! (I wonder if this was THAT black dog that inspired the title? :-))

There was allegedly a black Labrador Retriever at Headley Grange that would wander the mansion’s grounds as they recorded their untitled fourth album in 1970. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there was no Black Dog at Headley, the way Percy introduces the song I've always had the inclination the "old", "black haired" "dodgy with lumbago" dog was Jimmy going off to fuck then come back.

Listen to the plantations it's a possibility 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to this video, this wouldn't be the dog, but it's entirely possible this was a different dog. Either way that's an awesome photo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

I think there was no Black Dog at Headley, the way Percy introduces the song I've always had the inclination the "old", "black haired" "dodgy with lumbago" dog was Jimmy going off to fuck then come back.

Listen to the plantations it's a possibility 

Oh, no not you again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, June72 said:

According to this video, this wouldn't be the dog, but it's entirely possible this was a different dog. Either way that's an awesome photo.

Perhaps, perhaps not but look @ 1:47 not the dog at the beginning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

Perhaps, perhaps not but look @ 1:47 not the dog at the beginning.

Upon a full rewatch (I merely went to the first shot I saw of a dog before that last post), you're right. I've counted three dogs in the video, the unknown one at the beginning, the second one which I believe is Strider, then the Black Dog two seconds later. The first dog may be Strider, but I really can't be sure as both of the first two come up when I look up "Robert Plant Strider." Assuming the third dog is the real thing, then that isn't the dog in the photo from what I can tell. The dog in the photo shows that at least two of its paws are white, while the dog in the video only has a white tail. This is all speculation however as who knows which would be real and the video isn't exactly of the clearest quality anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

I think there was no Black Dog at Headley, the way Percy introduces the song I've always had the inclination the "old", "black haired" "dodgy with lumbago" dog was Jimmy going off to fuck then come back.

Listen to the plantations it's a possibility 

Plant once quipped it’s about a “Chick from Detroit”  that seems more likely 

Jimmy ain’t exactly “Big legged” either 

lol you’re far out man 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

I think there was no Black Dog at Headley, the way Percy introduces the song I've always had the inclination the "old", "black haired" "dodgy with lumbago" dog was Jimmy going off to fuck then come back.

Listen to the plantations it's a possibility 

It's a possibility, but you are displaying thoughts in a bit of a delusional way, as if you believe  that you actually know something, which makes you sort of above others, but you don't back it with data or a well established argument and I don't think it's a communication issue, sorry.

 

Just trying to help, I studied all sorts of human problems, to eventually realised what my own were and could help myself.

Not to mention that especially the 'high class' of the society and 'the low class' would benefit particulary from personal growth and not just blaming each other, while the poor don't even have enough for basic needs and some travelling and cultural participation, if they are on a minimal wage.

But this is a different and complex topic and it can quickly turn into psychotherapy and I'm not proffesionaly qualified, neither do I have time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SamoKodela said:

It's a possibility, but you are displaying thoughts in a bit of a delusional way, as if you believe  that you actually know something, which makes you sort of above others, but you don't back it with data or a well established argument and I don't think it's a communication issue, sorry.

 

Just trying to help, I studied all sorts of human problems, to eventually realised what my own were and could help myself.

Not to mention that especially the 'high class' of the society and 'the low class' would benefit particulary from personal growth and not just blaming each other, while the poor don't even have enough for basic needs and some travelling and cultural participation, if they are on a minimal wage.

But this is a different and complex topic and it can quickly turn into psychotherapy and I'm not proffesionaly qualified, neither do I have time.

Mate I literally said "I think" I am not stating this as a fact at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Mate I literally said "I think" I am not stating this as a fact at all.

Yes but you are presenting it as a fact, worse, you are presenting a possibility as a fact. What is the point? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SamoKodela said:

Yes but you are presenting it as a fact, worse, you are presenting a possibility as a fact. What is the point? 

"I think".

No one's forcing you to believe anything, I am just sharing what I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"

Good evening. well, we're about fifteen minutes late, but to tell you the truth, we're really ten months late, but ah, this is a song to make everything right. It's about a dog who used to boogie until he couldn't walk very well anymore, and he was a very old black labradour who helped us make the last LP. He was a Black Dog.
"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"

Jun 26, 1980
Setpage: View
Venue: Wiener Stadthalle
City: Vienna
Speaker: Jimmy Page
Before: Black Dog
Good evening. How are you? Good evening. Good evening. Well with you with you. OK. Right. We got a number, a nice little number about 36-23-36, and it's called well what's it called in German, Schwarz Hund, Black Dog."
 
 
Jimmy was 36 when he said this, go figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...