Page and Black Dog at Boleskine

exquinn

You are trying to convince others into your belief. Beliefs are not facts or opinions and are quite often supported by poor arguments and though disorganisation, which makes it difficult to understand from a logical view and useless for anything practical.

The only other use of such term would be moral beliefs, but these are basically a bit different opinions on moral issues.

So what are you going to do with your belief? Find a friend who also believes it? Friendship is not based on that! Start a religious group?

It might be the right topic.  ;) I think it's a mistake for Jimmy to be interested in Crowley. But Jimmy was reading all sorts of stuff to find his own way and

he did lots of concrete fantastic things, while Crowley was basically trying to be cool by trying to look evil and saying he can do anything he wants.

15 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Sure, but you've gone far beyond that now in two separate threads, one of which you started. At this point you're squarely in Millennial fucktard starving for attention territory. 

No one's forcing you to reply to anything I'm saying, you feel like you have to.

Take a valium

1 minute ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

No one's forcing you to reply to anything I'm saying, you feel like you have to.

When a person acting in good faith gets called out for posting bullshit to a forum they take it to heart and adjust. You won't though, because you're not. At this point you're a spammer.  

Just now, SteveAJones said:

When a person acting in good faith gets called out for posting bullshit to a forum they take it to heart and adjust. You won't though, because you're not. At this point you're a spammer.  

It's not bullshit. it just doesn't fit with your long studied narrative which I have nothing but respect for but there's holes to be seen everywhere.

5 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

"

Jun 26, 1980
Setpage: View
Venue: Wiener Stadthalle
City: Vienna
Speaker: Jimmy Page
Before: Black Dog
Good evening. How are you? Good evening. Good evening. Well with you with you. OK. Right. We got a number, a nice little number about 36-23-36, and it's called well what's it called in German, Schwarz Hund, Black Dog."

Jimmy was 36 when he said this, go figure.

This is some flat Earth logic if I've ever seen it.

This theory is probably about that Page had a lot of sex, while some had almost none. Ah those were such days for so many and somehow Lori says he was sweet. And being in love of course is a wonderful thing, but you know, Page can't be perfect, he's been seriously committed to a 30 year old for years now! ;)  :)

Edited by SamoKodela

Well, as long as we're exchanging theories about Black Dog here's mine: Most of Robert's lyrics for the song are derived from or inspired by traditional blues idioms. However, he was also thinking of the future. He imagined an interconnected world where people from all walks of life could gather to exchange ideas. An electric commune, a FORUM. Then he recalled how quickly television and all of its promise to broaden humanities horizons evaporated into lowest common denominator programming. He contemplated who or what would come along to pollute the forums of the future. The answer was obvious: Millennial retards starving for validation and attention. Hence with them in mind the original working title for the song became Bastard Dipshits. Jimmy, JPJ and Bonzo were skeptical about Robert's cynicism and encouraged him to come up with another title for the song. It was at that moment the black dog wandered into the studio. The rest is history.

15 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Well, as long as we're exchanging theories about Black Dog here's mine: Most of Robert's lyrics for the song are derived from or inspired by traditional blues idioms. However, he was also thinking of the future. He imagined an interconnected world where people from all walks of life could gather to exchange ideas. An electric commune, a FORUM. Then he recalled how quickly television and all of its promise to broaden humanities horizons evaporated into lowest common denominator programming. He contemplated who or what would come along to pollute the forums of the future. The answer was obvious: Millennial retards starving for validation and attention. Hence with them in mind the original working title for the song became Bastard Dipshits. Jimmy, JPJ and Bonzo were skeptical about Robert's cynicism and encouraged him to come up with another title for the song. It was at that moment the black dog wandered into the studio. The rest is history.

You can't wear that false crown for too long SAJ.

Always someone right behind you.

On 10/29/2019 at 7:12 AM, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

"

Jun 26, 1980
Setpage: View
Venue: Wiener Stadthalle
City: Vienna
Speaker: Jimmy Page
Before: Black Dog
Good evening. How are you? Good evening. Good evening. Well with you with you. OK. Right. We got a number, a nice little number about 36-23-36, and it's called well what's it called in German, Schwarz Hund, Black Dog."

Jimmy was 36 when he said this, go figure.

36-23-36 are a female's dimensions.  36 inch bust, 29 inch waist, 36 inch hips. Not an AGE!

I'm embarrassed to admit that I NEVER KNEW/HEARD until I read on youtube that the opening "scratch" sound of Black Dog is actually Jimmy making the guitar sound like a dog panting - duh, me... all this time I felt it was just a tape gimmick of some sort that Zep seemed to put on every record, some more than once.

2 hours ago, bishlap said:

I'm embarrassed to admit that I NEVER KNEW/HEARD until I read on youtube that the opening "scratch" sound of Black Dog is actually Jimmy making the guitar sound like a dog panting - duh, me... all this time I felt it was just a tape gimmick of some sort that Zep seemed to put on every record, some more than once.

The sound effect itself is a guitar playing an E chord at the 7th fret, picked first and then rubbing the strings at the bridge with the fleshy part of the palm. EVH used the same technique at the beginning of "Atomic Punk" years later. 

On 11/1/2019 at 4:33 PM, Ram4 said:

36-23-36 are a female's dimensions.  36 inch bust, 29 inch waist, 36 inch hips. Not an AGE!

remember hearing this in 1980 i think, and thought it out of character for Jimmy to say much of anything...EVER. Was so stunned i played it over a few times to be sure it was The Jimma!! He's obviously feeling no pain, u can tell by his tone/voice. I recall the words,  Let me take my glasses off so I can see you too--all right....

On 11/2/2019 at 8:04 PM, SteveAJones said:

The sound effect itself is a guitar playing an E chord at the 7th fret, picked first and then rubbing the strings at the bridge with the fleshy part of the palm. EVH used the same technique at the beginning of "Atomic Punk" years later. 

Thanks, but I know a guitar can make MANY sounds...my only point was I never realized that sound Page made was a dog panting all these years.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

"SAJ doesn't have an high opinion of SJWs and Millenials and I don't think he is wrong."

- King Paimon

Someone WILL get the joke...

Edited by Paimonus Rex
Dipsomania

• 8 months later...