Led Zeppelin x John Varvatos Capsule Collection

sam_webmaster

Doesn’t look much like anything JP or the other members would wear, overpriced and doesn’t represent the mystery of Led Zeppelin either.

I’ll pass.

Still waiting for more official live releases.

R😎 

1 hour ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Jesus Christ, has Jimmy been mentored by Gene Simmons??? What's next, action figures? Pajamas? Official Zeppelin condoms?

"LZ brand condoms, we make sure your Hindenberg does not go up in flames!"

hey man I'll take Led Zeppelin style pajamas any day of the week!😁

On 10/28/2019 at 6:28 PM, hummingbird69 said:

I don't care who he is, the prices make it impossible for most people to purchase

So they should only do merchandise for Walmart? Jimmy has done some things with Varvatos before as well. Varvatos' designer clothing and accessories is in a higher price range and  not meant for everyone. I don't think I'd afford it either but doesn't the band shouldn't do it.

3 minutes ago, zeplz71 said:

So they should only do merchandise for Walmart? Jimmy has done some things with Varvatos before as well. Varvatos' designer clothing and accessories is in a higher price range and  not meant for everyone. I don't think I'd afford it either but doesn't the band shouldn't do it.

Many years ago Led Zeppelin really used to mean something, in the same way that Harley-Davidson meant something. Some of Led Zeppelin's licensing in the 1980s was a bit iffy but the integrity of the "brand" has long since been fully diluted. Snowboards, coozies, faux tour t-shirts, scarves, spoken word poetry albums. One may as well start collecting Kiss at this point.   

4 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Many years ago Led Zeppelin really used to mean something, in the same way that Harley-Davidson meant something. Some of Led Zeppelin's licensing in the 1980s was a bit iffy but the integrity of the "brand" has long since been fully diluted. Snowboards, coozies, faux tour t-shirts, scarves, spoken word poetry albums. One may as well start collecting Kiss at this point.   

To some extent I agree but I'd rather have them doing designer merchandise than that cartoony 'hammer of the gods' junk in the 1980s. That was the worst.

What we want as fans is audio/video LIVE CONCERT RELEASES.

10 hours ago, zeplz71 said:

go hag the person who said it was a rip off.  :peace:

Not my style at all, but the prices are actually not bad at all. I’ve several pairs of Alden and Viberg shoes/boots and quality costs. I think most people are used to buying Chinese made slave labor trash (whether they know it or not) and that’s how they base cost/value.  High quality shoes and clothing made in Europe and the USA are not cheap by any stretch. What the USA does make is crappy cars and motorcycles. Lol. 

12 hours ago, Silverseas said:

Not my style at all, but the prices are actually not bad at all. I’ve several pairs of Alden and Viberg shoes/boots and quality costs. I think most people are used to buying Chinese made slave labor trash (whether they know it or not) and that’s how they base cost/value.  High quality shoes and clothing made in Europe and the USA are not cheap by any stretch. What the USA does make is crappy cars and motorcycles. Lol. 

Sorry but no bueno. My mother used to be a buyer for Saks and I know exactly how much "high end" clothes cost to make vs. retail price. On average your "high end" American or European made sweater for instance, made from cashmere, costs Saks about $60 per from the manufacturer. The retail cost of that same sweater is around $500.

Both European & American high end clothes are still made in sweat shops almost exclusively with labor costs around $2 - $8 per garment max.

Markup vs. actual cost is insane, don't buy into the bullshit. This swag costs maybe $15 - $20 to make per garment for the most expensive of these offerings, and that includes materials and labor. Add advertising and cost goes up another $5 per garment.

No thanks

On 10/29/2019 at 11:24 AM, PeaceFrogYum said:

Jesus Christ, has Jimmy been mentored by Gene Simmons??? What's next, action figures? Pajamas? Official Zeppelin condoms?

"LZ brand condoms, we make sure your Hindenberg does not go up in flames!"

Gene Simmons to Jimmy Page: Led Zeppelin is not a band ,its a "BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND." 

Can't wait for Zeppelin Hello Kitty and Zeppelin toilet paper.