Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
blindwillie127

Anthony Fantano's LZ Tier List

I hate these lists. They always boggle my mind. It's all subjective so all discussions with this seem pointless. Obviously everyone has the right to share their opinions, but I've never seen a tier list for Zeppelin that didn't make me cringe.

Anyone who ranks Physical Graffiti and Zep III among the top 3 Zep albums can't be all bad.

PG is my #1, Zep III is my #2. After that it's tough for me: Zep I, II, and IV are basically tied, with Houses just behind them, and then Presence and ITTOD basically tied.

Edited by tmtomh

If you were to rank these objectively and not subjectively, what would the list look like?

S- IV

A- II, HOTH

B- I, III, PG

C- Presence, ITTOD, Coda

1 hour ago, gibsonfan159 said:

If you were to rank these objectively and not subjectively, what would the list look like?

S- IV

A- II, HOTH

B- I, III, PG

C- Presence, ITTOD, Coda

With that distinction in mind, this is something I actually enjoy discussing.

S - I, III, IV, HOTH

A - II

B - PG, ITTOD

C - Presence

D - Coda

2 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

S- IV

A- II, HOTH

B- I, III, PG

C- Presence, ITTOD, Coda

I'm not sure how we would even determine a truly objective ranking, but your list does hew somewhat close to the ranking of the albums by sales figures:

IV

II

Houses

I and PG (tied)

III and ITTOD (tied)

Presence

Coda

Is there a link to the most acurate sale figures for the LP's I would be grateful and thank you in advance.

I'd change Coda to a D. I couldn't honestly put it on the same tier as ITTOD and Presence.

It's surprising that III is tied with ITTOD considering the reemerging popularity of Immigrant Song the last couple years. But the market today obviously operates differently.

I found anthonys list to make a lot of sense and i definitely agree with his top tier, but my list would be,

S, physical graffiti, led zeppelin 4

A,  presence, in through the out door, houses of the holy

B,  led zep 1, led zep 2, led zep 3, the new coda

I never really thought of this before this is a great exercise  for me I'll put in my two cents worth:

A/ PG, HOTH, ITTOD

B/ LZ II

C/ IV

D/ the rest are great albums and they're all tied