R.I.P. David Beesmer AKA Front Row Dave

Strider

I have sad news. David Beesmer aka Front Row Dave passed away last Friday. He was 54.

I was going to mention this in the Rest in Peace thread but felt he was beloved by enough people in the Led Zeppelin community to deserve his own thread.

As most of us know, David got his moniker by being first in line at the O2 Arena for the Led Zeppelin reunion concert. He was in the front row directly in front of Jimmy Page for the concert. He loved his Led Zeppelin and he loved music and photography and loved sharing his passions with like-minded people.

I never got to meet the guy personally but enjoyed the interactions we did have through the internet. My sympathies and condolences to his family. He will be missed.

David P. Beesmer, 54, of the Town of Ulster died Tuesday October 29, 2019 at his home.  Born January 13, 1965 in Kingston, he was the son of the late Jacqueline (Singer) Beesmer and the late George Beesmer. 

David was a self-employed videographer and photographer. He worked with musicians, venues and municipalities to showcase local talent, local events and the beauty of the Hudson Valley. He dedicated hours of his time to work with local charities within his community. He will be fondly remembered by those who knew him as Front Row Dave.

Surviving are his siblings, Cathy Robinson, Ronald Beesmer and his wife Janet, Linda Beesmer, Brian Beesmer and his wife Judy.  Many nieces and nephews also survive.

-------------------------------

David's enthusiasm for life was inspiring. He once sent me a dvd of Robert Plant fan interviews he had conducted, which I still have. A good man. May he rest in peace.

Edited by SteveAJones

• 1 month later...

The name came soon after the 02 show. I met Dave prior to London on another forum, and we eventually met the weekend of the 02 show, slept out at the 02 with him and many other super cool folks to be in the front row....it was truly awesome weekend. Miss him.

The pic below is the one year anniversary of the show and the first fans online who slept on cardboard to be in the front row. Dave on left... Good Times :))

Toronto, first row comrads.jpg

Edited by suzepchick

2 hours ago, suzepchick said:

The name came soon after the 02 show. I met Dave prior to London on another forum, and we eventually met the weekend of the 02 show, slept out at the 02 with him and many other super cool folks to be in the front row....it was truly awesome weekend. Miss him.

The pic below is the one year anniversary of the show and the first fans online who slept on cardboard to be in the front row. Dave on left... Good Times :))

Toronto, first row comrads.jpg

Very cool picture and story! Thanks for sharing. ✌🏼

• 3 weeks later...