More Bonnaroo Rumours

SIBLY

Unamed source makes this just another rumour, but let's not forget, that's how we first heard about the O2 Show.

Led Zeppelin will headline a US rock festival next year.

The legendary band are set to perform at Tennessee's Bonnaroo festival in June 2008 after lead singer Robert Plant had a "change of heart" over the decision to follow up their comeback concert at London's O2 arena earlier this month with further dates.

A source said: "They are going to play the Bonnaroo festival, which runs from June 12 to 15. This news will drive their fans absolutely wild.

"They have been bombarding their website to get back together for good but only lead singer Robert Plant wasn't keen to commit.

"Now he's had a change of heart and if it all goes well they are also talking about touring."

Hmmmm....well, I'm already here in Tennessee....there are a few Nashvillian's on the board...I just wonder if there are any closer ?

And I know the backroads in Coffee County !! That's Bonaroo territory btw....:D

Well I been to America a few times but not Tennesse, I can see next year could be very exspensive :)

Unamed source makes this just another rumour, but let's not forget, that's how we first heard about the O2 Show.

Led Zeppelin will headline a US rock festival next year.

The legendary band are set to perform at Tennessee's Bonnaroo festival in June 2008 after lead singer Robert Plant had a "change of heart" over the decision to follow up their comeback concert at London's O2 arena earlier this month with further dates.

A source said: "They are going to play the Bonnaroo festival, which runs from June 12 to 15. This news will drive their fans absolutely wild.

"They have been bombarding their website to get back together for good but only lead singer Robert Plant wasn't keen to commit.

"Now he's had a change of heart and if it all goes well they are also talking about touring."

its all baloney the festival making it up so people go there

Alison Krauss and Robert Plant are already confirmed.

From a Led Zeppelin perspective, Robert Plant is already there; they would need to add only 3 more people.

As long as Alison Krauss is well-received. I foresee a problem if the audience is unreceptive toward her because they would be clamoring for Led Zeppelin. I can envision anxious Zeppelin fans booing Alison Krauss thinking it would speed the arrival of their obsession; some of those audience members aren't nice.

I still remember Emmylou Harris opening for the Who; that was painful and she gave a fine performance. Rock audiences can turn beastly, at times reminding you of year-end sale shoppers at department stores. It was like watching a pit bull maul an innocent person.

I suppose Jimmy Page or John Paul Jones could guest and they could alternate songs from the respective repertoires; Gallows Pole comes to mind, as John Paul Jones already includes it with MAS. Still, they risk upstaging Alison Krauss, and it would be better to present her well. Knowing what could happen in advance, they should think about it before they do it.

Jimmy Page and Robert Plant featured a musician during their tour and she played a stringed instrument quite well. She guested but I forget which song it was; it worked though.

If Alison Krauss and Robert Plant peformed on one date, and Led Zeppelin performed on a separate date, that could work.

Alison Krauss could guest on the other date if Led Zeppelin decided to do Battle of Evermore.

We'll be announcing our spectacular 2008 line up and more in late January/early February.

www.bonnaroo.com/bonnaroo-2008-dates-announced

Nashville's NBC affiliate WSMV-TV reported earlier in the month that Plant and bluegrass star Alison Krauss will perform at the Bonnaroo festival next June to promote their collaborative CD, "Raising Sand". In addition to the "Raising Sand" material, they'll reportedly perform songs from their catalogs — including LED ZEPPELIN's "When the Levee Breaks" and "Black Dog".

www.roadrunnerrecords.com

Well I been to America a few times but not Tennesse, I can see next year could be very exspensive :)

We're all just a bunch of in-bred hicks down here though leddy.....only thing anyone knows how to do is play the guitfiddle or washboard.

Make sure you wear your overalls if you come....you'd fit right in.

If ya ain't got none, we have plenty of thrift shops for you to do your shopping. Taint expensive at all !!! :)

I think if Robert is going to play with Alison and Zep there is no way they will double up on the same day. Robert will need to recouperate. So given that a Zep set is more demanding than Raising Sand material, he would have to play with Krauss first.

Still, I don't see how he would be as well rehearsed as he should be when doubling up like this.

Well if they do actually play the US, I'd rather see them not performing a good four day's drive from where I live, but yay for people who aren't poor college students and could actually afford such a road trip! :P

I still won't believe anything I hear until there's a lot more than an unconfirmed source saying this, though.

We're all just a bunch of in-bred hicks down here though leddy.....only thing anyone knows how to do is play the guitfiddle or washboard.

Make sure you wear your overalls if you come....you'd fit right in.

If ya ain't got none, we have plenty of thrift shops for you to do your shopping. Taint expensive at all !!! :)

I will bring my washboard :)

I think a guest shot by Jonesy is the most likely thing- I was at Bonaroo and saw Jonesy three times- the last few songs of the jam w/ Harper and Questlove, his guest on DnC with Harper, and right up front for Gov't Mule. He had one other guest shot that I didn't see with Uncle Tupelo, I think? Anyway, he clearly had a ball, so he'd be likely to come back. I think he might lend his considerable mandolin prowess to a Raising Sand number or two quite nicely.

That said, I suppose a Led Zeppelin headlining show wouldn't be that different from the Police show I saw there. Bet it would sure boost festival attendance, though.

I'd prefer an indoor venue, like MSG. I hope it's on their agenda.

Possible bad weather, possible rain or even blaring heat that makes for sweaty, disgusting smells, and possible muddy conditions do not interest me- even for Led Zeppelin.

My idea of camping is room service. I'm too old for Bonnaroo or Woodstock-type festivals. One was enough for me.

I'd prefer an indoor venue, like MSG. I hope it's on their agenda.

Possible bad weather, possible rain or even blaring heat that makes for sweaty, disgusting smells, and possible muddy conditions do not interest me- even for Led Zeppelin.

My idea of camping is room service. I'm too old for Bonnaroo or Woodstock-type festivals. One was enough for me.

I couldn't agree more. I did my 4 days in the field at Knebworth...don't think I could do that again. Years later, getting the elevator from my room to the gig at the MGM Grand Las Vegas was bliss but even that was topped in 2002 when Robert said we could use his limo to ride to the venue in Lisbon. We were driven right into backstage area and Roy's (tour manager) face when we piled out was priceless!

Archived