Led Still Turns To Gold

SIBLY

Who of us would have dared to dream at the turn of 2006/07 that the band of the coming year would be our band?

An agreement, an annoucement, some proper rehearsals and BANG they're back on top. I never feared that the O2 would be a flop but I didn't think they'd be just as vital as they always had been. I know some of us think there can't be a LZ without Bonham snr but it's not a sentiment I share.

I think the biggest surprise was how the old men managed to capture what the young men did but add a layer of magisterial elegance to it all. There's a great review in this month's Uncut (the BEST music magazine out there for anyone who hasn't come across it yet). They say Plant has found a way of combining rock heroics with a dignified gravity and then say when he swings his microphone stand he does like a 'Shakespearean king wielding a broadsword, not a 59 year old acting out a pantomine of his youth'.

The new mixes on Mothership sound so NOW. They've brought a fresh perspective to music I've been familiar with for 30 odd years and it does not sound like music that was made so long ago.

Heres to a 2008 where we ALL get the oportunity to see our band live.

Actually, they are less a band and more a force of nature!

A happy New Year to all fellow Zepaholics.

Who of us would have dared to dream at the turn of 2006/07 that the band of the coming year would be our band?

An agreement, an annoucement, some proper rehearsals and BANG they're back on top. I never feared that the O2 would be a flop but I didn't think they'd be just as vital as they always had been. I know some of us think there can't be a LZ without Bonham snr but it's not a sentiment I share.

I think the biggest surprise was how the old men managed to capture what the young men did but add a layer of magisterial elegance to it all. There's a great review in this month's Uncut (the BEST music magazine out there for anyone who hasn't come across it yet). They say Plant has found a way of combining rock heroics with a dignified gravity and then say when he swings his microphone stand he does like a 'Shakespearean king wielding a broadsword, not a 59 year old acting out a pantomine of his youth'.

The new mixes on Mothership sound so NOW. They've brought a fresh perspective to music I've been familiar with for 30 odd years and it does not sound like music that was made so long ago.

Heres to a 2008 where we ALL get the oportunity to see our band live.

Actually, they are less a band and more a force of nature!

A happy New Year to all fellow Zepaholics.

They're such a class act. And hopefully there's more to come

What a great year for Zep fans: the unknown Southampton '73 in multitrack form, the long fabled 10-10-69 show from France, remastered audio (Mothership), remastered video (Song Remains the Same) and finally the Zeppelin flys again!

Archived