Happy New Year.

spats

The lives and times of a grammar nazi...by JimmyPage1977.

I'm hardly a "grammar nazi". I do, actually, take offense at the word "Nazi" being applied as an adjective describing any part of my being. I'm a pretty tolerant person, compared to Hitler. You, by the way, are not appearing as "Fuzzy" as you once were.

Some people take offense at different words. Your use of the Nazi word is offensive to me as other 'N" words might be to an African American. I was making a point to someone who doesn't connect to any advice or criticism. Are you defending him? Chastising me? Do you understand what a "Nazi" is?

Actually.... never mind, wasted time.

Nazi's not a great word for that, I agree, but even with my background with my studies on WWII and The Holocaust, it really doesn't offend me to the point where I get angry. It should, but it doesn't.

Believe it or not, as long as it's not a formal written paper and you're not posting in text speak, I don't care about grammar much in that manner.

But that's also because I'm a wanna-be linguist. Most linguists don't adhere to perscriptive grammars. :D

Nazi's not a great word for that, I agree, but even with my background with my studies on WWII and The Holocaust, it really doesn't offend me to the point where I get angry. It should, but it doesn't.

Believe it or not, as long as it's not a formal written paper and you're not posting in text speak, I don't care about grammar much in that manner.

But that's also because I'm a wanna-be linguist. Most linguists don't adhere to perscriptive grammars. :D

I was just making a joke. Didn't expect the harsh rebuttal from Fuzzy.

You are an utter waste of time, but for those on this site with no life.... you are intriguing! :blink:

So by choosing to participate in this thread instead of verbally jousting in endless fashion with folks about the future of our beloved LZ, or posting what you're listening to right now, or posting in any of a dozen the whole gamut of thread choices available.....I have no life???

I won't call you a nazi, but just who in the hell do you THINK that you are?

So by choosing to participate in this thread instead of verbally jousting in endless fashion with folks about the future of our beloved LZ, or posting what you're listening to right now, or posting in any of a dozen the whole gamut of thread choices available.....I have no life???

I won't call you a nazi, but just who in the hell do you THINK that you are?

Just a person, who does post about the future of Led Zeppelin (the existing members). I have been sucked into this discussion and am no better than you or any other on this thread. My reply was not intended to be an insult to any other than Spats. Reading it back, I realize that it could be taken to be an insult to everyone else.

I am sorry to you all. I did not intend that.

Just a person, who does post about the future of Led Zeppelin (the existing members). I have been sucked into this discussion and am no better than you or any other on this thread. My reply was not intended to be an insult to any other than Spats. Reading it back, I realize that it could be taken to be an insult to everyone else.

T'sall good then.

Wasting time in questionable ways is kind of the point of the place ya know?! :D

Cheers. :beer:

Happy Mandykin???

Now you go play nice as well you scamp. :watchingyou:

:lol:

I'm hardly a "grammar nazi". I do, actually, take offense at the word "Nazi" being applied as an adjective describing any part of my being. I'm a pretty tolerant person, compared to Hitler. You, by the way, are not appearing as "Fuzzy" as you once were.

Some people take offense at different words. Your use of the Nazi word is offensive to me as other 'N" words might be to an African American. I was making a point to someone who doesn't connect to any advice or criticism. Are you defending him? Chastising me? Do you understand what a "Nazi" is?

Actually.... never mind, wasted time.

I understand that a grammar nazi is a person who's goddamn anal about minor grammar mistakes -and this is exactly what your post was about. I did not call you a nazi so get off your high horse and stop lecturing me. If you're not interested in this thread stay away from it. What I'm defending is people's right to waste their time in any thread they choose without some arrogant twit telling them that they got no life. That clear enough?

So tell me why in god's wide world you thought it necessary to insult Spats. Did he insult you? Call you names? Do you really think that just because a person's posts don't interest you it's ok for you to make a post with the sole intention to insult them? Does he steal your bandwith or force you to read his posts? Was it just because it's so easy to insult him because he never retaliates? Seriously, I don't get it.

I understand that a grammar nazi is a person who's goddamn anal about minor grammar mistakes -and this is exactly what your post was about. I did not call you a nazi so get off your high horse and stop lecturing me. If you're not interested in this thread stay away from it. What I'm defending is people's right to waste their time in any thread they choose without some arrogant twit telling them that they got no life. That clear enough?

Ok... I apologized. I guess that that makes it ok to post two more times about how you are right.

I never intended to insult you and I think that it was made clear in my post. Keep beating your drum.

It is not OK to call someone a name and then say that you didn't mean it. It is not cool to call someone a name after they apologize to you, but I guess that I'm just an arrogant twit. My bad. It's perfectly clear, thank you.

Ok... I apologized. I guess that that makes it ok to post two more times about how you are right.

It makes it ok for me to post as many times as I want to actually. If you'd rather I had not replied to your post to me you should have delted that post.

I never intended to insult you and I think that it was made clear in my post. Keep beating your drum.

I'd still like to know why you intended to insult Spats.

It is not OK to call someone a name and then say that you didn't mean it.

I called you a grammar nazi and I stand by that.I did not call you a nazi as you'd like to claim I did. It's your problem if you can't tell the difference.

It is not cool to call someone a name after they apologize to you, but I guess that I'm just an arrogant twit. My bad. It's perfectly clear, thank you.

I called you an arrogant twit before I read your second post but given that you were so happy to dish out to Spats and are now so terribly hurt when you're called names yourself I find it hard to feel sorry for you.

It makes it ok for me to post as many times as I want to actually. If you'd rather I had not replied to your post to me you should have delted that post.

I'd still like to know why you intended to insult Spats.

I called you a grammar nazi and I stand by that.I did not call you a nazi as you'd like to claim I did. It's your problem if you can't tell the difference.

I called you an arrogant twit before I read your second post but given that you were so happy to dish out to Spats and are now so terribly hurt when you're called names yourself I find it hard to feel sorry for you.

Happy to be dishing it out? I didn't think that my post was really worthy of all of this attention, but whatever. If it makes you feel better about yourself, fine. You have been much harsher to me than I was to spats. I don't really need you to be sorry for me, quite the contrary, I was trying to be apologetic to you. Spats relishes the adverse attention, otherwise he wouldn't continue posting as he does. What have I done to you? I'm going to stop here. I'm sorry that you are so angry with me.

You are 12 years old, aren't you?

Proper English language skills are nice to have, especially if you had the balls to speak to a girl.

Your quote should say, "Unfortunately, my friends and I don't have parties every weekend."

Do you hear how much better that sounds when you say it?

You are an utter waste of time, but for those on this site with no life.... you are intriguing! :blink:

At least he can spell those words correctly. There are many people on this board whose language skills seem to be much worse, yet you decided that spats it the one who needs some lecturing. Not happy with his opinions on relationshits? Tell him. However, there's no need to criticize him for everything just because you've decided that he's an utter waste of time.

Happy to be dishing it out? I didn't think that my post was really worthy of all of this attention, but whatever. If it makes you feel better about yourself, fine. You have been much harsher to me than I was to spats. I don't really need you to be sorry for me, quite the contrary, I was trying to be apologetic to you. Spats relishes the adverse attention, otherwise he wouldn't continue posting as he does. What have I done to you? I'm going to stop here. I'm sorry that you are so angry with me.

Again - what has Spats done to you? What I am pissed off about - and I'm indeed quite pissed off - is that you tried to insult him for no reason whatsoever other than being frustrated about his posts which nobody made you read in the first place. He's never insulted anybody. You wonder why I'm harsher to you than you were to him? For this very reason.

Considering that you are both women defending a male that constantly demeans women, I will concede your right to defend him.

I am a man who loves my wife and daughter AND have much respect for them. I was joking around within a useless (but entertaining) thread...CRIME OF THE CENTURY!! :rolleyes:

OK..... KILL ME NOW!

Goodnight ladies. :D

Considering that you are both women defending a male that constantly demeans women, I will concede your right to defend him.

Actually, most of the time he demeans himself, even though he may not be aware of it.

If I said that men are the scum of this world, would you attack my language skills?

I am a man who loves my wife and daughter AND have much respect for them. I was joking around within a useless (but entertaining) thread...CRIME OF THE CENTURY!! :rolleyes:

OK..... KILL ME NOW!

Goodnight ladies. :D

Wow - from "insulting Spats because he loves the attention" to "I'm a defender of all wronged females on this board" in only two posts. Spats demeans women? He demeans himself, which is every person's god-given right. If anything he does women a favour by staying out of the dating game. Maybe next time you "joke around" you can do so without the explicit intention to insult another poster...since this would just be that bit more...funny?

I knooow. That's why I'm here anyway, so what? Just wasting time. Aren't we all? This is fun, much better than discussion what I've had for lunch. Spats has become something like our trained monkey, though he probably doesn't realize it yet. It's sad, yes, but people DID try to help.

Here's an interesting quote. Why insult spats?

Archived