Happy New Year.

spats

Everyone is wasthing their breath until this kid works on his insecurity. That's what it all boils down to. He won't make the move to ask them out, he won't call them even if someone else does the work for him, even when he's dating someone they have to make the first move to make out. All this is because of his fear of rejection and insecurity.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, girls like confident guys. This is not a confident guy, this is a insecure and fearful guy. Maybe with age he'll get better.

^ No, we've all been wasting our breath for a LONG time with this kid. And we keep feeding into it. Grrrr.

:computertrash:

Believe me...I KNOW !

I've wasted my time reading...and very little...very very little response back....so I've inhaled...but not exhaled....if you get my drift.

I'm just astounded at the amount of responses...honestly. :wacko:

I mean some drama is rather exciting...but this is so DROLL !!! :lol:

Have I said that before ? B)

Spats, we really are trying to help you. We're NOT just a bunch of big mean bullies. But we get so very frustrated when you don't take our advice....

Yeah, you got rejected in high school. So what? I think we all have at least once. But you pick yourself up and dust yourself off. Life is hard for everyone. We all have our battles. You've just got to keep going, regardless. It's okay to make a move once in a while, trust me. I understand you're scared, but you know what? The thrill of uncertainty can be pretty exciting, too. And no one deserves to be alone forever; no, not even you. Remember that! And if you really want something, you go for it. The tiger does not wait for its prey to lay down in front if it and die-not at all!! The tiger sees what it wants, and pursues it, takes it down, and feeds. And sometimes it doesn't catch it's prey, but it tries again with the next one. Do you get what I am saying?

Everyone is wasthing their breath until this kid works on his insecurity. That's what it all boils down to. He won't make the move to ask them out, he won't call them even if someone else does the work for him, even when he's dating someone they have to make the first move to make out. All this is because of his fear of rejection and insecurity.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, girls like confident guys. This is not a confident guy, this is a insecure and fearful guy. Maybe with age he'll get better.

I am not a kid.

It's not fear. I just don't want to be rejected anymore. I have had enough in my day. It's depressing to get rejected. There is no reason to believe that things will go better than my teen years. It's easier to do it it the way i am doing it. I would rather be in control of the rejecting or the accepting instead of having my fate decided my a woman. And it also allows women to step up to the plate for a change. Women don't have to worry about rejection like guys do. Most guys will not turn down a pretty girl.

Women DO have to worry about rejection like guys do.

It happens in a different form most of the time than the rejection you're speaking of.

Women get taken out on dates, asked for their phone numbers, etc. and then the guy who worked up the balls to ask them for it don't call. I have taken that VERY personally in the past. Especially if they said they were going to call while they were looking for their car keys, running out my front door. :hysterical:

(that last sentence was a joke...I think...)

Spats, we really are trying to help you. We're NOT just a bunch of big mean bullies. But we get so very frustrated when you don't take our advice....

Yeah, you got rejected in high school. So what? I think we all have at least once. But you pick yourself up and dust yourself off. Life is hard for everyone. We all have our battles. You've just got to keep going, regardless. It's okay to make a move once in a while, trust me. I understand you're scared, but you know what? The thrill of uncertainty can be pretty exciting, too. And no one deserves to be alone forever; no, not even you. Remember that! And if you really want something, you go for it. The tiger does not wait for its prey to lay down in front if it and die-not at all!! The tiger sees what it wants, and pursues it, takes it down, and feeds. And sometimes it doesn't catch it's prey, but it tries again with the next one. Do you get what I am saying?

I understand what you are saying. I just don't see how the results would be better now. And i don't see how more rejection will help matters. I think it will just make things worse.

I'm not scared. i just like to avoid it if i can. I am not a bold or aggressive person. So waiting for them to approach plays to my strength. it has worked in the past. i think being a tiger would end in disaster.

Women DO have to worry about rejection like guys do.

It happens in a different form most of the time than the rejection you're speaking of.

Women get taken out on dates, asked for their phone numbers, etc. and then the guy who worked up the balls to ask them for it don't call. I have taken that VERY personally in the past. Especially if they said they were going to call while they were looking for their car keys, running out my front door. :hysterical:

(that last sentence was a joke...I think...)

Yeah but that's not as bad as face to face rejection. You just never see them again. In a guys case she says to his face that she's not interested in you. It's more personal.

You know--in my opinion, asking someone out is a situation where if you don't know the girls at all--it's just a situation where if you don't get the girl's number or she says no, you should be able to shrug it off and think about the fact that you didn't lose anything---nor did you win anything. Unless she's a real bitch about it and makes fun of you or something.

You know what? I've had men who have absolutely appalled me--as in just freakin' nasty, bad hygiene, total drug addicts losers ask me out, and I've been nice...even if I think I might throw up. :lol: If the girl is a bitch when she says she's not interested think about it--you're better off, aren't you?

Like I said in a previous post--If someone's going to take me out on a date, I want them to be freakin' stoked! If I say yes to a date, I'm freakin' stoked!

Which is also why I'm upset when they don't call if they say they're going to...

ETA: I have had to get nasty with a few guys before when they wouldn't take a nice no for an answer. In that case...if she says she's not interested, pick up your pride and move along. Mope out of her sight. At least then you'll save some face.

I am not a kid.

It's not fear. I just don't want to be rejected anymore. I have had enough in my day. It's depressing to get rejected. There is no reason to believe that things will go better than my teen years. It's easier to do it it the way i am doing it. I would rather be in control of the rejecting or the accepting instead of having my fate decided my a woman. And it also allows women to step up to the plate for a change. Women don't have to worry about rejection like guys do. Most guys will not turn down a pretty girl.

Early twenties is essentially a kid, especially when exhibiting the maturity that you do.

And you say it's not fear, but everything you say reeks of fear and insecurity. Living in fear of being rejected, and still harboring the pain of your teen years. When you get past that and get more confidence, you'll be fine.

Alright then...can I still call him a kid based solely on maturity level?

Of course.

Maybe it's just my melancholy from turning 35 next week, I look back at my early twenties and think "man, I was still a kid".

My uncle is over 40 and he's still a reckless kid. 35 is not a reason for melancholy.

Sorry Matt, but..

1. I'm not a kid.

2. Spats said that he was in his late twenties.

1. Age is not necessarily an indicator of maturity level.

2. Age is not necessarily an indicator of maturity level.

That's bassically what I'm saying that's basically what I'm saying.

Doesn't it bear repeating? Besides, I know if I were the one declaring my own maturity, I'd be happy to have someone who wasn't me to agree.

Doesn't it bear repeating?

Repetition is the mother of wisdom. Therefore, it's a way to achieve maturity.

Besides, I know if I were the one declaring my own maturity, I'd be happy to have someone who wasn't me to agree.

I'm happy to have such people. Shall I tell them to register here?

Repetition is the mother of wisdom. Therefore, it's a way to achieve maturity.

Depends on what you're repeating. Spats has been nothing but repetitive since he's been here. Do you think he's gotten any wiser?

I'm happy to have such people. Shall I tell them to register here?

If your behaviour has eliminated finding someone already registered here, I suppose you'll have to.

Depends on what you're repeating. Spats has been nothing but repetitive since he's been here. Do you think he's gotten any wiser?

That's true. Spats is numbed by fear and self-love. Such people can hardly get any wiser.

If your behaviour has eliminated finding someone already registered here, I suppose you'll have to.

OK, I see. Have I hurt your ego? :huh: Well, sorry. All I can say is that the greatest whores don't need a pimp, their perfume penetrates the air rather successfully. Is that so hard to understand? We can discuss Lincoln or Whitman anytime, I just don't need being told that it's something I should like.

Archived