Happy New Year.

spats

That's true. Spats is numbed by fear and self-love. Such people can hardly get any wiser.

OK, I see. Have I hurt your ego? :huh: Well, sorry. All I can say is that the greatest whores don't need a pimp, their perfume penetrates the air rather successfully. Is that so hard to understand? We can discuss Lincoln or Whitman anytime, I just don't need being told that it's something I should like.

I knew I should have put that :P smiley at the end. So didn't mean it that way. I'd attest to your maturity level any time. In fact, I'd say it's higher than my own.

:ph34r::wave:

That's true. Spats is numbed by fear and self-love. Such people can hardly get any wiser.

OK, I see. Have I hurt your ego? :huh: Well, sorry. All I can say is that the greatest whores don't need a pimp, their perfume penetrates the air rather successfully. Is that so hard to understand? We can discuss Lincoln or Whitman anytime, I just don't need being told that it's something I should like.

It's not fear or self love. Why do you think self love? i don't think i am hotstuff.

You know--in my opinion, asking someone out is a situation where if you don't know the girls at all--it's just a situation where if you don't get the girl's number or she says no, you should be able to shrug it off and think about the fact that you didn't lose anything---nor did you win anything. Unless she's a real bitch about it and makes fun of you or something.

You know what? I've had men who have absolutely appalled me--as in just freakin' nasty, bad hygiene, total drug addicts losers ask me out, and I've been nice...even if I think I might throw up. :lol: If the girl is a bitch when she says she's not interested think about it--you're better off, aren't you?

Like I said in a previous post--If someone's going to take me out on a date, I want them to be freakin' stoked! If I say yes to a date, I'm freakin' stoked!

Which is also why I'm upset when they don't call if they say they're going to...

ETA: I have had to get nasty with a few guys before when they wouldn't take a nice no for an answer. In that case...if she says she's not interested, pick up your pride and move along. Mope out of her sight. At least then you'll save some face.

Yes but if they don't know me and i don't know them and she rejects me , she's rejecting me based on my looks. In other words she thinks i am ugly. That's the worse rejection you can get.

Yes but if they don't know me and i don't know them and she rejects me , she's rejecting me based on my looks. In other words she thinks i am ugly. That's the worse rejection you can get.

That's nonsense....she might well reject you based on your smell....you'll never know! :)

Yes but if they don't know me and i don't know them and she rejects me , she's rejecting me based on my looks. In other words she thinks i am ugly.

No it's not. Maybe your personality is ugly. Maybe she isn't interested and it has nothing to do with what you look like. Maybe you came off a certain way to her that she didn't like, and you could have looked like Brad Pitt and it would have made no difference.

Go buy a clue, Sherlock.

I personally don't think that IS the worst rejection you can get. I have been with my friends swimming and once, these guys hooted and hollered at us--then they said, eeww! Not the dark haired one!" (My three best friends are blonde.) I laughed because they were soo superficial.

Now really--I usually don't give my number out to guys in bars. Or random places. Why? Because they are out in bars looking for women. I don't usually decide that I want to go out with a guy until I know him. I like meeting guys through friends and then getting to know them. My best relationships have come from getting to know guys at school, work or through mutual friends. I can't tell you about any that DID work out by going to meat markets.

Like I said before, befriend females. That's the best way to get to know them enough to decide if you do like them--then you don't waste good money and time on a REALLY bad first date.

It's not fear or self love. Why do you think self love? i don't think i am hotstuff.

We're talking love here, spatsko, not lust. Nobody expects you to run off and spend an hour in the bathroom everytime you catch sight of yourself in a mirror. :rolleyes:

Early twenties is essentially a kid, especially when exhibiting the maturity that you do.

And you say it's not fear, but everything you say reeks of fear and insecurity. Living in fear of being rejected, and still harboring the pain of your teen years. When you get past that and get more confidence, you'll be fine.

Yes, I still carry the rejection of my teen years but it's hard not to. If you went through some of what i went through you would too.

But i am not scared. I just don't want to experience that again. if i got rejected then i am likely to get rejected now. it's just common sense to want to avoid that. If i let them approach there is no chance of rejection.

We're talking love here, spatsko, not lust. Nobody expects you to run off and spend an hour in the bathroom everytime you catch sight of yourself in a mirror. :rolleyes:

You know what i mean. I don't think i am anything special. i don't see how she can think that.

No it's not. Maybe your personality is ugly. Maybe she isn't interested and it has nothing to do with what you look like. Maybe you came off a certain way to her that she didn't like, and you could have looked like Brad Pitt and it would have made no difference.

Go buy a clue, Sherlock.

No, it would be based on looks. They wouldn't know me well enough. I am on my best behavior when i am out.

No, it would be based on looks.

Listen very carefully, okay?

NO IT'S NOT. You don't know why you're being rejected, so stop turning into a pity party "oh she thinks I'm ugly." And as I stated already, there are other reasons women decline the attentions of a man, and sometimes the guy doesn't have to do anything wrong. I've been chatted up by really nice guys before, but if I'm not interested, I'm not interested. I don't care what the guy looks like, I just want to hang out with my friends.

You know what i mean. I don't think i am anything special. i don't see how she can think that.

Ok then - here's the plan: Forget about girls and dating for the time being. You ain't got any chances in this field and you know it. You don't have the physique and you certainly don't have the character to attract the model-type beauty you're entitled to have as a girlfriend. BUT...what you got instead is a lot of time....Just imagine: those next 30 or 40 years, while other people waste their youth and adulthood on relationships you can spend your time on making indecent amounts of money! Hey pronto! And then, when you're about 60/70ish and just before your magic want withers and shrivels up for good, you can buy yourself as many 20-year old hotties as you can ever wish for...and you're guaranteeed that they won't say no!

Brilliant, eh? :D

Ok then - here's the plan: Forget about girls and dating for the time being. You ain't got any chances in this field and you know it. You don't have the physique and you certainly don't have the character to attract the model-type beauty you're entitled to have as a girlfriend. BUT...what you got instead is a lot of time....Just imagine: those next 30 or 40 years, while other people waste their youth and adulthood on relationships you can spend your time on making indecent amounts of money! Hey pronto! And then, when you're about 60/70ish and just before your magic want withers and shrivels up for good, you can buy yourself as many 20-year old hotties as you can ever wish for...and you're guaranteeed that they won't say no!

Brilliant, eh? :D

I bet you're wearing a monocle and stroking a white persian cat while you type.

I personally don't think that IS the worst rejection you can get. I have been with my friends swimming and once, these guys hooted and hollered at us--then they said, eeww! Not the dark haired one!" (My three best friends are blonde.) I laughed because they were soo superficial.

Now really--I usually don't give my number out to guys in bars. Or random places. Why? Because they are out in bars looking for women. I don't usually decide that I want to go out with a guy until I know him. I like meeting guys through friends and then getting to know them. My best relationships have come from getting to know guys at school, work or through mutual friends. I can't tell you about any that DID work out by going to meat markets.

Like I said before, befriend females. That's the best way to get to know them enough to decide if you do like them--then you don't waste good money and time on a REALLY bad first date.

See if that happened to me i wouldn't handle it as well as you. That's terrible what they did.

Well to me being rejected for how i look would be the worst rejection.

I have gone the route of meeting women through friends and it's worked twice. With my last girlfriend and with the New Years girl but i guess the new years girl doesn't count because i haven't called her. But all the rest of the women i met through my friends were not my type by a mile. I have even had to bail on a couple blind dates they set up. I have told them what i look for and they give me the opposite. Ugh.

I agree the ideal situation would be to befriend a hot girl i like but way too many times a guy has done that and she places him in the "friend zone" where she only see's the guy as a friend. And a guy doesn't want that.

Listen very carefully, okay?

NO IT'S NOT. You don't know why you're being rejected, so stop turning into a pity party "oh she thinks I'm ugly." And as I stated already, there are other reasons women decline the attentions of a man, and sometimes the guy doesn't have to do anything wrong. I've been chatted up by really nice guys before, but if I'm not interested, I'm not interested. I don't care what the guy looks like, I just want to hang out with my friends.

Oh okay. You have a point. But the odds are that some of the time it will have to do with looks.

I wouldn't approach a girl who was out with a group a friends. You are just asking for trouble doing that. I made that mistake back in the day.

Just post a pic - we'll tell you whether you're hot or not. :)

Oh, we've gone through this before on the old board. He kept saying he wanted to but didn't know how, a ton of people told him how and he never did it.

Methinks he's hiding the cloven hooves.

Oh, we've gone through this before on the old board. He kept saying he wanted to but didn't know how, a ton of people told him how and he never did it.

Methinks he's hiding the cloven hooves.

I wouldn't want people to pick my looks apart. I would say i am between a 5 and a 6. My girlfriends thought i was good looking but i am never gonna be mistaken for Johnny Depp or Brad Pitt. I have never had a female gush over my looks. I wish.

I can't blame you for bailing on blind dates. I've had a few that were from hell. Let me tell you about B.O. boy who told his friends that he deserved hotter. Dude! This guy didn't freaking take a shower for a week before he showed up at my door! I couldn't just pretend that I wasn't me! LOL

But--don't go on blind dates. Get your friends to arrange hanging out with people of both sexes, and you can get to know more than one woman and decide if you like one before you go on a date with her. Then there's zero pressure.

Don't try so hard. No offence, but women don;t want needy guy's. And it sounds like that's what's going on. Try just being yourself and let things happen on they're own. I'm not saying that you are needy...it just seems that your coming across that way :)

Archived