Happy New Year.

spats

Just say something horrible and outrageous, and maybe it'll get pulled. You might get banned too, but hey, take one for the team eh?

I like posting here, so we'll skip that suggestion if you don't mind. It's just obvious to me that no matter how much he whines about his love life, he doesn't want to do anything to change it. So I don't see how this thread has usefulness anymore.

I guess some 99.9 % of the guys would have asked for the number when she was hinting at it but my first reaction was to get annoyed because i looked at it as game playing. I usually go with my first reaction.

Read the above now that I've fixed it, and know why you will continue to be a lonely man.

WE all understand this now, and there's no need to respond, or post anymore on the subject.

Thanks for playing.... ;)

:lol:

IGG--I'm thanking God right now that you aren't a shrink. You'd have some majorly suicidal clients. :lol:

Spats--have you ever had a female friend? I think that's where you need to start--become friends with several women. Get to know them. Talk to them about everything--including sex--and I think you may have a bit of a breakthrough about the ladies.

We're not all just about dating guys...we do other things that have nothing to do with mating. ;)

IGG--I'm thanking God right now that you aren't a shrink. You'd have some majorly suicidal clients. :lol:

Maybe, but you know as well as I do that even the suggestion you just typed has been tried in the past year.  I think even the most patient psychologist would have already given up.... you can only listen, make suggestions, and be rebuffed with bullshit excuses as to how that works with everybody else but not "special little me" so many times before you just write ole Felix Unger a scrip for a pocket pussy and send him on his way.

I like posting here, so we'll skip that suggestion if you don't mind. It's just obvious to me that no matter how much he whines about his love life, he doesn't want to do anything to change it. So I don't see how this thread has usefulness anymore.

I do want to change things, Electro. But within my comfort zone if that makes sense.

Spats--have you ever had a female friend? I think that's where you need to start--become friends with several women. Get to know them. Talk to them about everything--including sex--and I think you may have a bit of a breakthrough about the ladies.

We're not all just about dating guys...we do other things that have nothing to do with mating. ;)

I do have female friends. But there is only so much i can talk with them about. Women don't always like to talk about the same things that guys do. Like i have no interest in talking about babies and who's getting married. And they have no interest in talking about tarantino movies or sports, etc. What do you mean i might have a breakthtough with them?

That could be arranged;but 59LesPaul wouldn't do it...... :whistling:

and it shouldn't be done from 59LesPaul's computer...in case the IP gets banned... :whistling:

Not that 59LesPaul would do such a thing;but if he were to,I have a feeling that that part would already be covered...... :whistling:

I do have female friends. But there is only so much i can talk with them about. Women don't always like to talk about the same things that guys do. Like i have no interest in talking about babies and who's getting married. And they have no interest in talking about tarantino movies or sports, etc. What do you mean i might have a breakthtough with them?

Yes, because that's the only thing women talk about. I talk about lots of things with my friends; politics, books, sports, the weather, etc,. Nice to see you stereotyping women. Keep that up and you'll get laid in no time, Sparky.

Yes, because that's the only thing women talk about. I talk about lots of things with my friends; politics, books, sports, the weather, etc,. Nice to see you stereotyping women. Keep that up and you'll get laid in no time, Sparky.

I didn't mean that's the only thing they talk about. You know what i mean. We just like different things.

No, I don't know what you mean. I talk about a myriad of subjects with my friends, who are both male and female and the reason why we're friends is because for the most part, we like a lot of the same things. I don't hang out with people I have nothing in common with past being living creatures who intake oxygen.

You used those examples for a reason; a stereotype. Are you of the backwards mindset that women and men can't talk about the same things? God, you suck at life.

No, I don't know what you mean. I talk about a myriad of subjects with my friends, who are both male and female and the reason why we're friends is because for the most part, we like a lot of the same things. I don't hang out with people I have nothing in common with past being living creatures who intake oxygen.

You used those examples for a reason; a stereotype. Are you of the backwards mindset that women and men can't talk about the same things? God, you suck at life.

I wasn't stereotyping. Most of my female friends like to talk about who is having babies and who is getting married.

Wow. That and IGG's Felix Unger line could be a tee shirt. :)

I wasn't stereotyping. Most of my female friends like to talk about who is having babies and who is getting married.

Where are you getting these female friends from, the 1950s?? NONE of my friends that are girls are like that.....

Oh boy! It's every bit as useful as the "What are you listening to now?" thread. I might even agree that this thread is MORE useful. At least there are some quality zingers in it!

If you don't want to read or reply to this thread, just ignore it.

No one is making you read it or reply to it, right?

Just checking..... :blink:

you mean you dont occasionally see something worthy in the listening threads ?

Something occasionally unusual you might not have thought about listening to for awhile or something totally brand new to you ?

I do admit...most of the thread's 'listened to' selection is rather bland and predictable...but there are worthy inclusions in there too.....just like those that feed the fire here. B)

Well it was really about the presumption that she should be judging what is useless or needed on this site that I found intriguing.

No, titles of songs are not interesting to me. Threads in the "Other Bands" section about New Bands are much more interesting in the regard to which you are inferring. That thread is designed to make members feel good about themselves via post count. Please don't try to persuade me that there is any kind of integrity at all in that thread.

While I would agree that the character that "spats' is pretending to be is dismal, it is still entertaining at times.

Well that listening to and related threads can be spammy...I'll admit..but I find it interesting...and will be reminded of stuff occasionally..or if someone actually says something ABOUT what they're listening to..I take note.

I've chimed in either this thread or another one of the boring spats issues..about how I'm amazed the attention they garner....I guess it's like soap operas...I don't get that either..but they're awfully popular..

Fan the flames !!! :D

:duel: Devil's advocate!! I've bashed on spats, but I enjoy the frustration that he creates with his posts more than the posts themselves!

You guys must know that he's just screwing with you? Right?

No one could really be that stupid...... or could he? :lol:

That, in and of itself, could make some interesting conversation. :lol:

Maybe I'm naive, but as incredible as it seems that someone can be this big of a dink, I think it's on the up and up. Either he's this big of a dork, or he's brilliant for creating this character and maintaining it. Sadly, I think it's the former.

I'm sorry, my friend, but I think that you might be a bit naive!

It's not brilliant, though. He has just come up with a formula and he's running with it.

ROFLMAO at LoS!!! Nice one! :lol:

I know THAT...but the way people respond...I don't thing THEY DO !!!! :lol:

I see what you're saying though....but the humor I find is what appears to be such a gullible following ! :rolleyes:

Some people fight a losing battle because there is some entertainment along the way.

Sorry this pursuit has you assuming entirely too much.

Where are you getting these female friends from, the 1950s?? NONE of my friends that are girls are like that.....

The only time I talk about that kind of stuff with my friends is if ONE OF THEM is getting married or is having a baby. That really doesn't happen too often. Hell--one of my friends--actually, she's my BEST friend--is getting married in five months, and we haven't talked about it at all, really...other than "we're getting married...see my ring? this is the date...I hope you can come...," and the occasional reference to honeymoon or whatever. It's not like we have entire conversations on it now that everything's set in stone. My friends don't ever even have "weddings" in the sense that most people think of them. They are in a church, they get married, we leave and drink a few drinks at the reception, have some cake, let the couple have a nice night. That's it.

And as for the baby topic--we talk about it when my friends are going to have a baby--but not a lot--even when they're pregnant! It's not exactly stimulating conversation, yanno. Yes--babies are cute, they're fun, and kids are awesome--but I don't want to spend all day talking about booties and diapers and changing tables...I'd go crazy.

My friends and I talk about things that EVERY normal person talk about--our jobs, our families/home life, our thoughts on politics, our hopes and dreams, intellectual things, things we want to do together. Rarely, and I mean RARELY does the "weddings and babies" topic come up. Like less than 0.01% of the time. :rolleyes:

Oh boy! It's every bit as useful as the "What are you listening to now?" thread. I might even agree that this thread is MORE useful. At least there are some quality zingers in it!

If you don't want to read or reply to this thread, just ignore it.

No one is making you read it or reply to it, right?

Just checking..... :blink:

It's kind of fun to reply to it. :lol: At first, it irritated me that everyone was always arguing with him and posting things...but I like it. :bagoverhead:

Archived