robert on guitar

slave to zep

It was a YouTube vid posted on here somewhere, now where was it . . .? Maybe on the old board? I remember the bit when Robert casually strolls out the door to go onstage too!

I'm pretty sure Knebby posted it, as an example of what really goes on backstage these days (minus the groupies etc.). :D

It was a YouTube vid posted on here somewhere, now where was it . . .? Maybe on the old board? I remember the bit when Robert casually strolls out the door to go onstage too!

I'm pretty sure Knebby posted it, as an example of what really goes on backstage these days (minus the groupies etc.). :D

Just search "Robert Plant Roger Daltrey" on youtube.

"It's quarter to 8? Fuck a duck.....:

when i went to the rock and roll hall of fame i saw a pic of him and Page palying in a concert but i frogot what the date was. in the photo Page was playing a Squier guitar! WTF?

PS: when i went they didnt have any Led Zeppelin stuff there nothing. i asked a guy where it all was and he told me it was storeage not enough room too display the stuff. there was enough room for madonna though <_<

Did Robert say he was drafted? After he talks about working the year that Sgt. Pepper came out.

I don't think there was a draft in England? I think he says something about being an apprentice accountant.

I don't think there was a draft in England? I think he says something about being an apprentice accountant.

Lol...I knew I was hearing him wrong. I didn't think there was a draft in England either.

• 1 year later...

There is a YouTube of him called "Robert Plant plays my son's guitar" or something like that, about a minute of Robert noodling on the guitar playing pentatonic scales and such, as well as saying trademark Plant one-liners.

Ooh-I gotta watch that! For some reason when I see photos/video footage of him playing instruments (guitar and what I thought was a mandolin, but I guess it's a ukelele) I get turned on and wish I could know what he sounds like. I've never heard any (except harmonica & the drum he plays w/SS). If he ever fulfills my fantasy of working with Sonny Landreth (I had to mention that again eventually), I hope he pulls his Hohner out a lot (anyone else want to blow on Robert's Hohner?).

It's hot in here all of a sudden-whew! Damn you Percy, you could kill a girl from miles away (if video does that to me, I can't imagine being in the same room). Continents away, even!

NICE vibrato.

Thanks for posting that video. In a thanks-for-torturing-me kind of way.

PS-can anybody tell what he said about the strings (I don't know guitars from tennis balls, but I was curious.)?

It's hot in here all of a sudden-whew! Damn you Percy, you could kill a girl from miles away (if video does that to me, I can't imagine being in the same room). Continents away, even!

NICE vibrato.

Thanks for posting that video. In a thanks-for-torturing-me kind of way.

PS-can anybody tell what he said about the strings (I don't know guitars from tennis balls, but I was curious.)?

I just ignore him when he's like that.

He said, "Yeah, these strings are quite glglglgl."

Hope that helps. biggrin.gif

WOW!! You lucky dog you!! Did you get him to sign his name on it? I would have been very happy to have him or Page autograph one of my guitar's!

Oh, and the bird is funny too, Oh, Oh Oh Oh Oh, Oh ... you don't have to ...beraaaakkk, cherp, chirp!! ha ha biggrin.gif

I don't know whether she got him to sign his name on it or not. (That wasn't me.)

But I love the bird! He gets those notes so well! He's outstanding. He tries earnestly and does his very best. It's really cute, very sweet.

• 2 years later...

Archived