robert on guitar

slave to zep

You are most welcome and thank you for the kind comment. I almost fell out of my chair, as I now know you are capable of posting a nice comment. I call it as I see it.

btw...can you possibly find it in you to be kind to people on this forum. We are here to discuss and share a variety of music and ideas on this forum and quite frankly you have been not so nice to a few here. It's OK to agree to disagree, and I will always speak up for my band and for the friends I have made on this forum. Again, I am asking you kindly to just do the right thing. No disrespect intended at all here.

Apologies to Sam and the fellow forum members for going off topic but I felt compelled to say this :peace:

You are most welcome and thank you for the kind comment. I almost fell out of my chair, as I now know you are capable of posting a nice comment. I call it as I see it.

btw...can you possibly find it in you to be kind to people on this forum. We are here to discuss and share a variety of music and ideas on this forum and quite frankly you have been not so nice to a few here. It's OK to agree to disagree, and I will always speak up for my band and for the friends I have made on this forum. Again, I am asking you kindly to just do the right thing. No disrespect intended at all here.

Apologies to Sam and the fellow forum members for going off topic but I felt compelled to say this :peace:

Are you sure his post wasn't Photoshopped? ;)

I'm sorry I'm not trying to be "not so nice", I'm just not always good at letting people know that I'm not upset. I'll try to add more emoticons. But I will say that I really enjoy your Today in Zep history thread, I've checked it out every day since I became a member. There are many great threads that I read and don't comment on. Some of the threads do seem to spark spirited discussions.

And I really think you are a pretty lady. Not just from your photo, but because you are so sweet and kind.

Thanks for the advise Deborah.

Dw about your posts none of them are out of line, people on here just react sometimes to an opposition

U2 are horrid

I feel the exact same way about present day Kiss so there's that. However, I consider War to be one of my favorite albums, ever. Even though I had a chance to see them on that tour I missed my chance and didn't see them until a couple of years ago when they passed through here (North Carolina) on their 360° tour. It wasn't quite the same as seeing them back when they were young and hungry but it was still a very enjoyable experience, nevertheless.

I feel the exact same way about present day Kiss so there's that. However, I consider War to be one of my favorite albums, ever. Even though I had a chance to see them on that tour I missed my chance and didn't see them until a couple of years ago when they passed through here (North Carolina) on their 360° tour. It wasn't quite the same as seeing them back when they were young and hungry but it was still a very enjoyable experience, nevertheless.

Come on KISS even present day is much better than U2!

Come on KISS even present day is much better than U2!

To each their own but I'd take present day U2 over Kiss any day of the week. Even Kiss in their prime couldn't hold a candle to U2 during their early years (Boy, October, War, Under A Blood Red Sky). As I've said before, Kiss was wonderful when I was a teenager (and younger) what with all of the blood spitting, fire breathing, smoking guitars, etc. but as I matured, I quickly grew out of my Kiss phase. Since you're also a younger person I can only imagine how enamored of Kiss you are. It will be interesting to see if your perspective of them changes as you grow older.

To each their own but I'd take present day U2 over Kiss any day of the week. Even Kiss in their prime couldn't hold a candle to U2 during their early years (Boy, October, War, Under A Blood Red Sky). As I've said before, Kiss was wonderful when I was a teenager (and younger) what with all of the blood spitting, fire breathing, smoking guitars, etc. but as I matured, I quickly grew out of my Kiss phase. Since you're also a younger person I can only imagine how enamored of Kiss you are. It will be interesting to see if your perspective of them changes as you grow older.

I think KISS even without theatricals could still be a good band with the music they have

One of best shows I've seen were U2 on their Unforgettable Fire tour. A great friend of mine was head of security at this gig and I was able to watch the whole show in the barrier between the front row and the stage right in front of Edge. These guys were tight and powerful.

One of best shows I've seen were U2 on their Unforgettable Fire tour. A great friend of mine was head of security at this gig and I was able to watch the whole show in the barrier between the front row and the stage right in front of Edge. These guys were tight and powerful.

I replied to your post but in the interest of keeping this thread on topic, I did so in this U2 thread in the Other Bands section of the board.

• 1 month later...

I saw Robert playing live at the NEC in Birmingham UK on the fate of nations tour in 93? and in the middle of one of the songs Francis Dunnery handed his guitar to Plant to carry on playing the song..cant for the life of me remember what song it was...could have been "calling to you" anyway it was great to watch.

IMHO,

although I think it would have been interesting to hear the Zeps with a second full-time guitarist live, throughout their career, I am glad Robert Plant never played guitar at their shows. It just would not have looked or felt right. I have seen clips of Jagger and Daltry playing guitar with their bands and it was kinda goofy. Up here in Canada we have a band called the Tragically Hip that were great until their lead singer started to play guitar. Firstly, he is not really very good and secondly, he was an amazing front man but once he started to play guitar they turned into every other mediocre band out there........... I think Sprinsteen is one of the only guys who can pull it off with a guitar or a mic stand...I am sure there are a few more....cheers Richard

I saw Robert playing live at the NEC in Birmingham UK on the fate of nations tour in 93? and in the middle of one of the songs Francis Dunnery handed his guitar to Plant to carry on playing the song..cant for the life of me remember what song it was...could have been "calling to you" anyway it was great to watch.

Think it may have been You Shook Me

http://youtu.be/qUNWsKRNR78

Are your serious? When we have Jimmy Page on the stage already you want some rhythm guitarist too?! No way.

just saying....when he goes into solos in Black Dog, Celebrations Day, The Song Remains the Same, Ten Years Gone (JPJ on acoustic didn;t cut it). Achilles etc etc it would have been great to hear all the guitar parts and the rhythm....I like what Page and the Black Crowes did with the Zep stuff. It is nice to hear all the parts. Now that being said. I grew accustomed to the 4 of them..if there had of been 5 I would have grown accustomed to them too...cheers mate

Archived