Hello I’m new to the forum.

RainbowElf

On 12/15/2019 at 8:15 AM, ElfRainbow said:

Hi everyone, I’m new here and been a Zeppelin fan since I was 12, while listening to my brother’s 8 tracks in his car, he got me into them.

Welcome, you arrived at a good time, there's been many new releases in the last few years and more coming out very soon. 

On 12/16/2019 at 1:28 PM, Strider said:

Welcome to the Forum. Everyone was a new member at some point so don't be shy. Where are those 8-tracks now?

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I think he might still have them stored away somewhere, I’ll have to ask him.

On 12/16/2019 at 8:10 PM, Tainted cheese said:

Welcome, you arrived at a good time, there's been many new releases in the last few years and more coming out very soon. 

Yes I know the remastered boxsets Of each of their albums, and some live albums I think.

Edited by ElfRainbow

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Welcome ElfRainbow!  You aren't alone....Ritchie was my inspiration to picking up a guitar and I still aspire to getting Ritchie's 1974 Cal Jam tone out of my Strat and Marshall!

Funny you mention Cal Jam, last night I was watching Black Oak Arkansas’ performance with Jim Dandy doing his Washboard solo, great stuff!!

Ritchie Blackmore to me has the most distinct guitar sound, of all the guitarists.

No matter what band he’s in, and that’s not saying he’s better than Jimmy.

And thank you for the welcome, very friendly people on here.

Talking about Cal Jam 74, is there a reason Zeppelin didn’t play that festival or Woodstock for that matter? Would you or anyone know?

Edited by ElfRainbow

7 hours ago, ElfRainbow said:

Talking about Cal Jam 74, is there a reason Zeppelin didn’t play that festival or Woodstock for that matter? Would you or anyone know?

1:49 There's Led Zeppelin undercover... :sarcastic_hand:

They weren't at Woodstock because of Peter Grant's decision, as I recall.

In 1974, I guess they wanted to take a break from touring.

11 hours ago, Rodrigo said:

1:49 There's Led Zeppelin undercover... :sarcastic_hand:

They weren't at Woodstock because of Peter Grant's decision, as I recall.

In 1974, I guess they wanted to take a break from touring.

Thank you for answering Rodrigo.

If Zep would’ve done Cal Jam, I’m sure they would’ve been the Headliners and would have blown the other bands out of the water so to speak.

Maybe Led Zeppelin would have been the headliners, but in my opinion, Deep Purple at that time had nothing to envy to Zep.

Besides, I suppose Ritchie would have set the whole stage on fire, as he really did... so I doubt that Zep would have been able to play.

13 hours ago, Rodrigo said:

Maybe Led Zeppelin would have been the headliners, but in my opinion, Deep Purple at that time had nothing to envy to Zep.

Besides, I suppose Ritchie would have set the whole stage on fire, as he really did... so I doubt that Zep would have been able to play.

I really only like the Gillan era of Purple, so I couldn’t get into that Purple performance on Cal Jam.

Yes Ritchie was on fire.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...