Anyone heard from Air Raid as to their new website or ordering instructions?

I don't personally have so much of an issue with Moonchild. $11 for a factory-made 3 disc set is a fair price to me! Yeah, I could download it and burn it myself, but like several other people here, I got turned on this through bootleg buying 40 odd years ago. I like a physical copy of a recording. Something I can hold in my hand. I like showing a fellow fan a release they've never seen before. I've probably bought 30 Moonchild titles in the last year, Zeppelin and Beatles mostly, how could I not? Many of the home-burned discs I made 15-20 years ago don't play any more, these give me an opportunity to replace some dates that I have lost, and hear some upgrades to older releases that I haven't chased down at a budget price of less than $4.00 a disc on a 3 disc set (plus postage of course). They're not making a *huge* profit on them, either, obviously, so I don't know what the issue is. Affordable Bootlegs? Yes, thank you!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, walter's walker said:

Anyone heard from Air Raid as to their new website or ordering instructions?

I don't personally have so much of an issue with Moonchild. $11 for a factory-made 3 disc set is a fair price to me! Yeah, I could download it and burn it myself, but like several other people here, I got turned on this through bootleg buying 40 odd years ago. I like a physical copy of a recording. Something I can hold in my hand. I like showing a fellow fan a release they've never seen before. I've probably bought 30 Moonchild titles in the last year, Zeppelin and Beatles mostly, how could I not? Many of the home-burned discs I made 15-20 years ago don't play any more, these give me an opportunity to replace some dates that I have lost, and hear some upgrades to older releases that I haven't chased down at a budget price of less than $4.00 a disc on a 3 disc set (plus postage of course). They're not making a *huge* profit on them, either, obviously, so I don't know what the issue is. Affordable Bootlegs? Yes, thank you!

Amen to all of that.

On 7/14/2020 at 6:45 PM, pluribus said:

Given that Empress Valley is Moonchild, it's hard to find much to complain about in any area here.

They *are*?

Why would they pirate their own material at 1/4 the price of their regular titles? It seems to *me* that EV is offering a budget line of lesser-priced sets to compete with Moonchild. The three ''Evolution Is Timing'' sets and the "Mike the Mike" double box set, for example, or ''Dark Side of Zingpan'' immediately come to mind. 

Just recieved this Email this AM-- It is unclear if they're going to another website provider, or E-mail lists. I look forward to doing more business with them.

"This is Air Raid.

Thank you for supporting the site for 20 years.

Due to the influence of Covid-19, the provider was closed.

However, AirRaid's business continues.

We are looking forward to your order.

We will contact you by e-mail with information on new music in the future.

I look forward to working with you.

Thanks

Niwa"

• 4 weeks later...

Latest from Niwa (feb. 8th):

Hi,

We are making a list for February stock. 

It does not cover all of our inventory, but we will add it little by little. 

There is a list of Empress Valley Led Zeppelin and Others, Moonchild Records.

If you would like to distribute the list, please contact us. 

I look forward to working with you. 

Thanks

Niwa

I haven't heard since...