Bootleg releases

goldenretreiver157

21 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Who are the "W.T.H. Twins", I wonder...anybody we know? 

Always thought it stood for What The Hell Twins? Other than that, don't know... :)

4 hours ago, Miinsane1971 said:

Requested an invoice from Air Raid for this earlier. Hope they send the invoice before they sell out! 

As of today, there are only five copies left and I hope you get one of them.

On 1/23/2020 at 1:01 AM, rm2551 said:

Anyone getting this from Amazon? Dave Lewis reviewed it - looks interesting. Interviews and other cuts left in.

Transmissions.jpg.cbc6f29c25868876099924703cd93927.jpg

Looks nice...only sold through Amazon UK. Definite completist piece.

3 hours ago, gcczep said:

Always thought it stood for What The Hell Twins? Other than that, don't know... :)

As of today, there are only five copies left and I hope you get one of them.

Looks like I got one! Got the invoice, paid for the set and have a tracking number! 

I'm really excited about receiving it. Pretty sure it's going to be on constant play when it arrives. 

25 minutes ago, Miinsane1971 said:

Looks like I got one! Got the invoice, paid for the set and have a tracking number! 

I'm really excited about receiving it. Pretty sure it's going to be on constant play when it arrives. 

Congrats... Down to two in stock. Good little compilation when you don't want to break out a particular show.  

12 minutes ago, Miinsane1971 said:

Is there not printing on the discs? Is it hard to sort out which disc is which? 

There's printing on each disc by year. All 15 are stacked with a plastic disc protector plus paper backing both top and bottom wrapped in hard plastic to keep it together. 

16 hours ago, Miinsane1971 said:

I ordered one a week ago. Not got it yet. Can’t wait! 

22 hours ago, gcczep said:

There's printing on each disc by year. All 15 are stacked with a plastic disc protector plus paper backing both top and bottom wrapped in hard plastic to keep it together. 

Yep, but once opened it becomes a bit fiddly and the individual cd's will be prone to scratches. I think I will get some protective inner CD sleeves. Other than that, it IS a great compilation. Second pressing run is sold out now. Curious if a third batch will be released (with a price increase to 50 bucks?)

2 hours ago, duckman said:

Yep, but once opened it becomes a bit fiddly and the individual cd's will be prone to scratches. I think I will get some protective inner CD sleeves. Other than that, it IS a great compilation. Second pressing run is sold out now. Curious if a third batch will be released (with a price increase to 50 bucks?)

Agree about separating them to avoid scratches. I have some sleeves with flaps I can use or maybe transparents with round bottoms. Did not know that there was a second pressing run. Maybe they will use different artwork.

48 minutes ago, gcczep said:

Did not know that there was a second pressing run. Maybe they will use different artwork.

Just my guesstimate. On release date, Air Raid sold them at 25USD. Then there was a notification 'Evolution' being almost sold out. That was removed and the price increased to 38USD, that batch also  is sold out by now. 

Just now, duckman said:

Just my guesstimate. On release date, Air Raid sold them at 25USD. Then there was a notification 'Evolution' being almost sold out. That was removed and the price increased to 38USD, that batch also  is sold out by now. 

Thank you for clarifying... So my copy could be first pressing technically. Just housed all the discs on sleeves with flaps. Snug fit but a bit over including the tracksheet. 

Re: the 15CD set.    It was initially sold at the lower price as a New Year  introductory deal in the Blind Faith shop and online at Japan Yahoo auctions.     The auction site  said at a set date in early January the price would double or sooner if the special deal allocation was sold out.   I don't think there was a second pressing but wouldn't be surprised to see one now given the quantity sold.

On 1/26/2020 at 4:56 AM, jbrum77634 said:

Re: the 15CD set.    It was initially sold at the lower price as a New Year  introductory deal in the Blind Faith shop and online at Japan Yahoo auctions.     The auction site  said at a set date in early January the price would double or sooner if the special deal allocation was sold out.   I don't think there was a second pressing but wouldn't be surprised to see one now given the quantity sold.

This set reveals two things....1) It costs EV next to nothing to actually make these CDs, if they are really able to produce 15 pressed/screen-printed CDs in a custom box with inserts all for $20 retail per set. And 2) Even if the content is already freely available for download online, there will STILL be customers willing to pay for the bootleg. In fact, the set might actually be more attractive to buyers if the customer already knows that it's good. There are plenty of bootlegs that were limited to 100-300 copies that only sold out AFTER they had been posted online. I've seen EV/Graf/Tarantura CDs on sites that stay up for sale for weeks, and then immediately get sold after the show appears on Dime. 

30 minutes ago, pluribus said:

This set reveals two things....1) It costs EV next to nothing to actually make these CDs, if they are really able to produce 15 pressed/screen-printed CDs in a custom box with inserts all for $20 retail per set. And 2) Even if the content is already freely available for download online, there will STILL be customers willing to pay for the bootleg. In fact, the set might actually be more attractive to buyers if the customer already knows that it's good. There are plenty of bootlegs that were limited to 100-300 copies that only sold out AFTER they had been posted online. I've seen EV/Graf/Tarantura CDs on sites that stay up for sale for weeks, and then immediately get sold after the show appears on Dime. 

I've been buying bootleg CDs for as long as I've been buying CDs. I much prefer having physical pressed copies than having downloads or CDrs.