Bootleg releases

goldenretreiver157

18 minutes ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Why didn't you opt for "Ultra Violent Killer Droog"? it's a bit more expensive (I guess) but it's got AUD and SBD...

"Hellfire Club" is just AUD.

"Snowblind" is the march 20th 2012 edition? With the train? I'm still anxious to get my hands on the 2012 9cd edition. Just because I loooooove the the 2 slipcases with the train in red/orange and blue.

"Hellfire Club" is the soundboard, I'm pretty sure. 

I ordered the "limited to 100 copies" of the 3/20/75 show with the new artwork. 

DSC01846.JPG

As I've got "UVKD" I got messed up as both gatefolds are called "Ultra Violent Killer Droog" as you can see in the photo. So I expected the SBD (blue-ish gatefold) to be called "UVKD" and the AUD "HC".

Did you ask for a specific number? When I order at AirRaid's I ask for a specific number, just for my fun. Most of the time they can deliver. For "Snowblind" 19 & 20 edition 2017 I asked for no. 61 (my year of birth). 

UVKD.jpeg.201e6762e2a206ddcac22ae45c8f34a8.jpeg  

1664767374_IMG_7067kopie.jpg.144c515deca9f0f03dfe27808dbafc44.jpg

1 hour ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

As I've got "UVKD" I got messed up as both gatefolds are called "Ultra Violent Killer Droog" as you can see in the photo. So I expected the SBD (blue-ish gatefold) to be called "UVKD" and the AUD "HC".

Did you ask for a specific number? When I order at AirRaid's I ask for a specific number, just for my fun. Most of the time they can deliver. For "Snowblind" 19 & 20 edition 2017 I asked for no. 61 (my year of birth). 

UVKD.jpeg.201e6762e2a206ddcac22ae45c8f34a8.jpeg  

1664767374_IMG_7067kopie.jpg.144c515deca9f0f03dfe27808dbafc44.jpg

I should have tried that!!! Next time I order a numbered edition from Air Raid, I'm totally trying that. 

59 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

WRT Air Raid, if you buy multiple CD's, do you still get charged $25 P and P for each...i'm thinking of ordering a number of moonchild releases

Nope, that's not true. There's - of course - a maximum weight he can send for this $ 25.- He always states "Gift" on the package and that's a big plus when it comes to your door. I've ordered 5 Moonchild titles (twice) and both times p&p were $ 23.- making it (55+23)/5 = $ 15.50 a piece

With Yahoo Auctions you have to pay p&p (last time $ 21.-) and sometimes you have to collect your package at the postoffice to pay customs.

Still waiting for "Evolution is Timing 2" to arrive. Until now it sat me back: Item Price 3,980yen, Buyee Service Fee 300yen; Payment Fee 200yen; Standard Plan 500yen = Total 4,980yen = € 43,99 Now adding another 2420yen = € 20,99: international shipping fee 2200yen and from seller to Buyee 220yen

Grand total: 7400yen or € 64,98 With AirRaid it would be $ 48.- plus $ 23.- p&p = $ 71.- / € 65,30) but when I've got to pay customs... AirRaid would have bee the cheaper option.

1 hour ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Nope, that's not true. There's - of course - a maximum weight he can send for this $ 25.- He always states "Gift" on the package and that's a big plus when it comes to your door. I've ordered 5 Moonchild titles (twice) and both times p&p were $ 23.- making it (55+23)/5 = $ 15.50 a piece

With Yahoo Auctions you have to pay p&p (last time $ 21.-) and sometimes you have to collect your package at the postoffice to pay customs.

Still waiting for "Evolution is Timing 2" to arrive. Until now it sat me back: Item Price 3,980yen, Buyee Service Fee 300yen; Payment Fee 200yen; Standard Plan 500yen = Total 4,980yen = € 43,99 Now adding another 2420yen = € 20,99: international shipping fee 2200yen and from seller to Buyee 220yen

Grand total: 7400yen or € 64,98 With AirRaid it would be $ 48.- plus $ 23.- p&p = $ 71.- / € 65,30) but when I've got to pay customs... AirRaid would have bee the cheaper option.

Ok mate thanks got the advice, really appreciate it

42 minutes ago, BeenALongTime said:

I've wanted to get stuff from Yahoo for awhile now. Mainly because they have a lot of good releases for cheap buy now prices. I've looked at shipping prices and its not at all bad. Is it still a good option to get bootlegs?

As I said before: beware of customs. It's a big company, so they do everything by the book: they tell the value of the package on the outside, so customs can easily see and decide whether you have to pay import-duties or not. AirRaid says it's a gift, value 1000 (sometimes 2000) yen.

11 minutes ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

As I said before: beware of customs. It's a big company, so they do everything by the book: they tell the value of the package on the outside, so customs can easily see and decide whether you have to pay import-duties or not. AirRaid says it's a gift, value 1000 (sometimes 2000) yen.

I've heard of using proxy services is a good thing for out of state people. Would this be the same situation?

1 hour ago, BeenALongTime said:

I've heard of using proxy services is a good thing for out of state people. Would this be the same situation?

Why would it? You don't get your package delivered through the internet, but physically at your door! And the postman won't deliver unless you pay.

20 minutes ago, gcczep said:

Evolution Is Timing 2 arrived today for me too... Unfortunately, I cannot pick it up until Saturdaze (not home to sign for it). Looks like Evolution Is Timing (the first) is sold out given that I don't see it on Air Raid?

Yeah, looks like Volume 1 is sold out. Glad I grabbed it when I did. 

On 2/27/2020 at 10:07 PM, Miinsane1971 said:

Yeah, looks like Volume 1 is sold out. Glad I grabbed it when I did. 

Evolution Is Timing 2 is a nice comp...from the debut album to the Victoria Theater 1980 rehearsals. Already put the discs in their own sleeves. The Millard leaflet is cool.  Overall good stuff. 

2 hours ago, gcczep said:

Evolution Is Timing 2 is a nice comp...from the debut album to the Victoria Theater 1980 rehearsals. Already put the discs in their own sleeves. The Millard leaflet is cool.  Overall good stuff. 

It was definitely worth the price I paid for it. The two volumes are very cool. 

Now, if I could just find some of those plastic inner sleeves. Not the biggest fan of the "envelope"-type sleeves that I'm using now. 

7 minutes ago, Miinsane1971 said:

It was definitely worth the price I paid for it. The two volumes are very cool. 

Now, if I could just find some of those plastic inner sleeves. Not the biggest fan of the "envelope"-type sleeves that I'm using now. 

Try Sleeve City... If I had my way, I'd love those Empress Valley stamped inner sleeves. 30 of them. :)

Led-Zeppelin - Live At The Newport Jazz Festival 3 (2).jpg

Edited by gcczep

7 hours ago, Miinsane1971 said:

I really wish someone would reissue the San Diego '75 show. It is the only soundboard from the '75 soundboard series that I don't have. 

Have you heard it and just want the silvers?  If it's that you haven't heard it, it's on YouTube and you can download it from Black Beauty as I did.

8 hours ago, Bonzo_fan said:

Have you heard it and just want the silvers?  If it's that you haven't heard it, it's on YouTube and you can download it from Black Beauty as I did.

Yeah, I have it in digital, but I'm hunting it down on silvers. I know that EV did a really good release of the show with "Conspiracy Theory", but it looks like it's sold out on Air Raid.