Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
goldenretreiver157

Bootleg releases

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Miinsane1971 said:

Yeah, I have it in digital, but I'm hunting it down on silvers. I know that EV did a really good release of the show with "Conspiracy Theory", but it looks like it's sold out on Air Raid. 

Ahh, ok.  Interesting show...very cool and long "No Quarter," but a bit uneven overall...too bad more of the momentum didn't carry over from Long Beach two nights earlier!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Miinsane1971 said:

Yeah, I have it in digital, but I'm hunting it down on silvers. I know that EV did a really good release of the show with "Conspiracy Theory", but it looks like it's sold out on Air Raid. 

The original EVSD 2004 "Conspiracy Theory" (triple gatefold sleeve) is for sale on Yahoo. Just ¥ 17.800 (approx. $ 165.-)

Edited by Moby_Dick_Ale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Miinsane1971 said:

Anyone think there will be third volume of "Evolution Is Timing" released? 

I do hope so...somehow that seems logical:   an anthology of their best AUD recordings/performances. Highly doubtful however EV is going to compile this set themselves ( or let alone 'remaster these selections for optimum cohesiveness) .

One of our experts in the field (here or at Hotel????) wants to give it a go?  

Strong contenders would be

  • Winterland 69, Fillmore W April 24th
  • Montreux 70, Tampa April, BB Hill
  • Ft Worth August 71 , Berkeley 14 sept, Tokyo 923, Ipswitch
  • Offenburg 73
  •  L.A 75
  • LA 77
  • Best of the 79 Copenhagen warm ups

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep going to the Air Raid site hoping to see some new Zep releases from Moonchild. Hope they'll release some more titles soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Miinsane1971 said:

I keep going to the Air Raid site hoping to see some new Zep releases from Moonchild. Hope they'll release some more titles soon. 

Same here... It's only a matter of time when they put out 9-28.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite late compared to their  929 re-issue, Eelgrass finally released a budget version of Please, Please Me (5+1 CD's) . This is a straight copy of EV's most expensive 928 set incl. the bonus disc feat. Beatles Covers.

Packaged in a  fat jewell case, this is clearly a cheaper alternative, until EV unleashes a re-hash on Moonchild..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, duckman said:

Quite late compared to their  929 re-issue, Eelgrass finally released a budget version of Please, Please Me (5+1 CD's) . This is a straight copy of EV's most expensive 928 set incl. the bonus disc feat. Beatles Covers.

Packaged in a  fat jewell case, this is clearly a cheaper alternative, until EV unleashes a re-hash on Moonchild..

Hi Eric, what’s the Eelgrass price and where do I get it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

Hi Eric, what’s the Eelgrass price and where do I get it? 

The price setting is, I believe 75 USD. I'm sure you know one of the distributors, just check 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Not sure where to post this question...but is anyone else experiencing longer delays (or even parcels missing) after ordering from the Far East these days?

Edited by duckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, duckman said:

Not sure where to post this question...but is anyone else experiencing longer delays (or even parcels missing) after ordering from the Far East these days?

Correct. The Japan Postal Service is affected by the situation and they put the statement:

Due to a sudden increase of international deliveries (specifically to China, Hong Kong and Macau) in response to the new corona virus emergency we have received an update from Japan Post that it will take more time than usual to send packages and acquire customs clearance at airports and International Exchange Offices for packages that have already been sent.
As a result, the delivery of postal items to foreign countries (especially EMS postal items) will be delayed.

For more information regarding the tracking and delays, please refer to the link below:
https://www.post.japanpost.jp/.../infor.../2020/0205_01.html

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

2020/01/20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Furthermore, lots of countries had already shut down their boarders and you cannot receive or ship anything except for cargo and medicaments as local airlines are also shut down due to pandemia for at least 14 days if not more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zepster1979 said:

Furthermore, lots of countries had already shut down their boarders and you cannot receive or ship anything except for cargo and medicaments as local airlines are also shut down due to pandemia for at least 14 days if not more.

thanks Zepster1979, much obliged👍.

The things I'm expecting are not THAT crucial: thankfully I have secured  the FLACS of 928 and Evolution=Timing vol 2 contains only stuff I already own in one way or another. Hope this hovering Corona clouds will be over soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2020 at 1:48 PM, duckman said:

The price setting is, I believe 75 USD. I'm sure you know one of the distributors, just check 😎

I've just seen an Eelgrass hard copy for only € 67,- on disc Japan. Compared to € 485,- for a EVSD hard copy on yahoo auctions....OK, you don't get the fancy packaging but the music is the same, being a digital clone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking of placing an order from Disc Japan this week but I'm wondering what the shipping delay will be. Their orders usually arrive pretty fast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2020 at 10:40 PM, Miinsane1971 said:

Thinking of placing an order from Disc Japan this week but I'm wondering what the shipping delay will be. Their orders usually arrive pretty fast. 

They come from Singapore....

Here in The UK:-

Ordered 15th

Shipped 17th

Arrived 21st :)

Standard Post, ie. Not expedited!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Placed my DiscJapan order on Friday and received it today. Paid for the faster shipping and I'm glad that I did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My copy arrived yesterday... Standard shipping. A little more than even week. My evolution is timing vol.2 on the other hand is already three weeks in limbo. Hope it's not lost:smiley_pray:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Because "Evolution is Timing" sold over a 1000 copies (they told) and was quickly sold out, EVSD just released a new version with a new box cover: Jimmy with his double neck Gibson in 1977 wearing his questionable hat (although I like the picture). Just 2.380 Yen

image.png.3476fe0c011693a5d472e6a08262205c.png

Edited by Moby_Dick_Ale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Because "Evolution is Timing" sold over a 1000 copies (they told) and was quickly sold out, EVSD just released a new version with a new box cover: Jimmy with his double neck Gibson in 1977 wearing his questionable hat (although I like the picture). Just 2.380 Yen

image.png.3476fe0c011693a5d472e6a08262205c.png

Damn. I kinda want this one too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Because "Evolution is Timing" sold over a 1000 copies (they told) and was quickly sold out, EVSD just released a new version with a new box cover: Jimmy with his double neck Gibson in 1977 wearing his questionable hat (although I like the picture). Just 2.380 Yen

image.png.3476fe0c011693a5d472e6a08262205c.png

Air Raid? Disc Japan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Given how rabidly people are scooping up the Evolution Is Timing versions (now on it’s 3rd pressing in 3 months), and with a Part II also now out there, I think it settles the “please don’t upload our releases” debate. They are making good cash on these releases, sourced from a fan’s remaster that was uploaded for free to Dime, so why not repay the buying public by ending the practice of releasing partial soundboards?

Edited by pluribus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gcczep said:

Air Raid? Disc Japan?

Not available on Air Raid or DiscJapan yet. Only on Yahoo Auctions so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miinsane1971 said:

Not available on Air Raid or DiscJapan yet. Only on Yahoo Auctions so far. 

The auctions you’re seeing on Yahoo = Air Raid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Miinsane1971 said:

Not available on Air Raid or DiscJapan yet. Only on Yahoo Auctions so far. 

It is on Yahoo Auctions!

 

2 hours ago, pluribus said:

The auctions you’re seeing on Yahoo = Air Raid.

You're right. As discussed before; look at the photographs, same blue, velvet cloth!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...