Bootleg releases

goldenretreiver157

BTW. The box used for “Evolution is Timing 1” is the same box used in 2018. Only with a different OBI. Guess they’ve got some left…

When you bought the “Snow Blind – promo box” by the end of 2017 (12/21) a copy of Bonus "not for sale" - Deus ex Machina longest edition was enclosed.

Early 2018 (3/3) the “Texas Hurricane – promo box” saw the light of day and a copy of Bonus "not for sale" - How The West Was Won revisited was enclosed.

About 11/2 month later (4/14) “Wildest Dreams - The King's Of The Stone Age Promo box” was released. When you’d bought the previous 2 releases you received an extra box (for free 😉) to store the 2 bonus copies.

IMG_7322.jpg.0fa780e89b70b44f81520a6ab93e9cb4.jpg

1 hour ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

BTW. The box used for “Evolution is Timing 1” is the same box used in 2018. Only with a different OBI. Guess they’ve got some left…

When you bought the “Snow Blind – promo box” by the end of 2017 (12/21) a copy of Bonus "not for sale" - Deus ex Machina longest edition was enclosed.

Early 2018 (3/3) the “Texas Hurricane – promo box” saw the light of day and a copy of Bonus "not for sale" - How The West Was Won revisited was enclosed.

About 11/2 month later (4/14) “Wildest Dreams - The King's Of The Stone Age Promo box” was released. When you’d bought the previous 2 releases you received an extra box (for free 😉) to store the 2 bonus copies.

Nice research, Moby Dick Ale!🤙

Sustainability is always good. 

Not so good is that after a month, I have no news on my Evolution vol.2...anybody else placed an order from Japan during the first week of March, that has yet to be delivered? The Eelgrass 928 arrived pretty much on time (but that's of course Singapore)

Edited by duckman

4 hours ago, duckman said:

Nice research, Moby Dick Ale!🤙

Sustainability is always good. 

Not so good is that after a month, I have no news on my Evolution vol.2...anybody else placed an order from Japan during the first week of March, that has yet to be delivered? The Eelgrass 928 arrived pretty much on time (but that's of course Singapore)

Got no problems, what-so-ever:

Evolution is Timing-2: posted 02/23 delivered 03/05

Budokan 1st night DVD: posted 03/15 delivered 03/27

BBC TS-cover boxposted 03/15 delivered 03/30 (had to go to the post office and pay extra taxes, € 36,- 👎)

Added after Miisane1971's contribution below: the 3 items mentioned above all bought on Yahoo Auctions.

Edited by Moby_Dick_Ale

On 4/3/2020 at 6:53 AM, Miinsane1971 said:

I haven't ordered from Air Raid since all of this horror started, but I'm placing an order today. Hope there aren't a ton of delays. 

I am thinking of doing so as well but holding off... Update us on how it goes. Thought about bidding on the Evolution 1 with the new box but wondering how much the postage will be plus the tax that I will have to pay.

Edited by gcczep

On 3/2/2020 at 6:51 PM, Bonzo_fan said:

Ahh, ok.  Interesting show...very cool and long "No Quarter," but a bit uneven overall...too bad more of the momentum didn't carry over from Long Beach two nights earlier!

Love the No Quarter from “Conspiracy Theory” release. Without a doubt the highlight of the part that has been released, IMO. 

On 3/13/2020 at 8:48 AM, duckman said:

The price setting is, I believe 75 USD. I'm sure you know one of the distributors, just check 😎

Picked up an eelgrass 6 cd copy of 9/28 for $71, plus shipping. Haven’t received it yet...

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Finally delivered: "Evolution is Timing 1". 

Bought on Yahoo Auctions 03-29

Posted 04-03

Delivered 04-17

After all not too long delay because of Covid-19

you  lucky man, MD Ale!

my evolution=timing vol.2 never arrived 😞

9 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Finally delivered: "Evolution is Timing 1". 

Bought on Yahoo Auctions 03-29

Posted 04-03

Delivered 04-17

After all not too long delay because of Covid-19

I'm glad it finally arrived, man! It's absolutely worth the wait!!! 

Now I wish Moonchild would release some more Zep titles! 

Wisdom comes with age 🤪: December 28th I told everybody EVSD released this box for 2000 yen. I decided not to buy and download and burn the files from DIME. After buying "EiT-2" I decided I'd like to have a physical copy of "EiT1" also. But by the end of March the only way to obtain a copy is Yahoo Auctions. This costs me 8360 yen ex. p&p. A grand total of 11000 yen (€ 95,- ish) 👎👎

23 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Wisdom comes with age 🤪: December 28th I told everybody EVSD released this box for 2000 yen. I decided not to buy and download and burn the files from DIME. After buying "EiT-2" I decided I'd like to have a physical copy of "EiT1" also. But by the end of March the only way to obtain a copy is Yahoo Auctions. This costs me 8360 yen ex. p&p. A grand total of 11000 yen (€ 95,- ish) 👎👎

Eric Sachs is selling EIT1 for $60 + p&p

Love these bonus boxes because you can use them to store other EVSD releases.

Edited by blueberry100

On 4/4/2020 at 5:58 PM, Walter said:

Picked up an eelgrass 6 cd copy of 9/28 for $71, plus shipping. Haven’t received it yet...

Still haven’t received it, but I did receive notice that it was in checked at NYC a week ago...

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Autumn Moon said:

This is a 12 DVD box featuring live footage from EC, Seattle 77,  both Knebworth shows & and the MSG 73 fan edition.

I know Robert...I was referring to evolution=timing vol.4 (the one with the Bonham cover...to be confirmed 😉

41 minutes ago, duckman said:

I know Robert...I was referring to evolution=timing vol.4 (the one with the Bonham cover...to be confirmed 😉

And just for collector's sake: the 3rd box with a LZ-member is ordered 5 hours ago. Just like Duckman said, 3 down 1 to go!

Edited by Moby_Dick_Ale

On 4/2/2020 at 11:04 PM, pluribus said:

Given how rabidly people are scooping up the Evolution Is Timing versions (now on it’s 3rd pressing in 3 months), and with a Part II also now out there, I think it settles the “please don’t upload our releases” debate. They are making good cash on these releases, sourced from a fan’s remaster that was uploaded for free to Dime, so why not repay the buying public by ending the practice of releasing partial soundboards?

Exactly what I thought. Looks like rehashing the "deadbeats who want everything for free preventing new releases" nonsense is now at an end.

21 hours ago, gcczep said:

seastory1945-img640x480-1590235416rcu8hg20878.jpg

Coming soon Evolution Is Timing 4 with a Bonham cover?

What is this??? 

Never mind. I figured it out. 

Not the biggest DVD collector, but I'd like to snag this one. Hopefully it'll end up on Air Raid soon. 

Edited by Miinsane1971

3 hours ago, Miinsane1971 said:

What is this??? 

Never mind. I figured it out. 

Not the biggest DVD collector, but I'd like to snag this one. Hopefully it'll end up on Air Raid soon. 

Have the first two, might as well complete it with #3, yes? :) I'll likely get it too. Contacted Air Raid previously but Niwa said they are not doing biz to the US due to COVID-19. No updates on his website thus far.

Makes a good companion piece to History Lesson which I have...