Bootleg releases

goldenretreiver157

3 hours ago, gcczep said:

Have the first two, might as well complete it with #3, yes? :) I'll likely get it too. Contacted Air Raid previously but Niwa said they are not doing biz to the US due to COVID-19. No updates on his website thus far.

Makes a good companion piece to History Lesson which I have... 

You can order with Yahoo Auctions. It might take a little longer (approx 3 weeks) due the Covid-19 but they ship. I bought EiT-2 on 03-31 and got it delivered 04-21

35 minutes ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

You can order with Yahoo Auctions. It might take a little longer (approx 3 weeks) due the Covid-19 but they ship. I bought EiT-2 on 03-31 and got it delivered 04-21

Agree MDA that is the route I'll likely take... Waiting and looking forward to the Eelgrass version of 09/28 Please Please Me. 

1 hour ago, pluribus said:

Bootledz has his copy for sale. He’s good people.

Hi Pluribus... Thanks for the heads up but bought it already from DiscJapan. $26 less too and with a jewel case. :) 

On 5/23/2020 at 10:18 PM, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

And just for collector's sake: the 3rd box with a LZ-member is ordered 5 hours ago. Just like Duckman said, 3 down 1 to go!

EiT-3 arrived at the warehouse may 28th and is shipped today. Inform you when it's delivered...

417535789_Schermafbeelding2020-05-30om13_54_22.thumb.png.e60150603a6b3b3e923d24f5bcd782cb.png

4 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

EiT-3 arrived at the warehouse may 28th and is shipped today. Inform you when it's delivered...

417535789_Schermafbeelding2020-05-30om13_54_22.thumb.png.e60150603a6b3b3e923d24f5bcd782cb.png

Glad for you MDA... I placed a bid on one. Hope to get it. Now on to EiT4 down the line...

Its been getting slower and slower getting Yahoo auction stuff delivered,  guess there are fewer and fewer flights leaving Japan - it's about 3 weeks to the UK currently once shipped, based on my experiences.    Picked up some real bargains mind in that time as Blind Faith had a sale, prices more or less back to normal now.

1 hour ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Maybe Steve will buy you copy and post it?

BTW. according to tracking, mine is still in Tokyo (ever since 05-30)

Oh, it’s not that. I buy mine from a diff online store. Was asking if Blind Faith have an online store. Thought it was just walk-in only.

15 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

Evolution Is Timing volume three is out. 12 DVDs covering:

1973.MSG

DSC02410.JPG

Also, volume one was re-released at a much lower price than the original was going for recently.

DSC02268.JPG

Thanks for posting this.What do we know about this release. What’s the quality like compared to past DVD releases? Was going to grab a copy from Fisheads.Thanks!

Edited by ohjimmy

4 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

From @yuminori twitter, 3 down, 1 to go

1115708183_Schermafbeelding2020-06-08om22_41_23.png.2e11cda5d09a559ced8567e69cedca63.png

Any idea what we should expect on the 4th Vol ?

I’m hoping for an expanded “History Lesson” DVD. They can include some of the resent clips that have become available + the Tokyo 23rd footage. 

3 hours ago, ohjimmy said:

Any idea what we should expect on the 4th Vol ?

I’m hoping for an expanded “History Lesson” DVD. They can include some of the resent clips that have become available + the Tokyo 23rd footage. 

I predict a collection of every Pat’s Delight/Moby Dick/Over the Top drum solo that they have available from soundboard. One after another. They’d sell a whopping 5 of those.

35 minutes ago, pluribus said:

I predict a collection of every Pat’s Delight/Moby Dick/Over the Top drum solo that they have available from soundboard. One after another. They’d sell a whopping 5 of those.

🤣

first 500 buyers will receive a free 'Noise Solo' 3CD compilation from the 77 tour 

Edited by duckman

6 hours ago, pluribus said:

Don’t  kid yourself. They’d sell a lot more then just five.There are plenty of serious collectors out there that would scoop something like that up at the right price.Mind you I’d be a 500 CD collection lol.

Anyway, I’ve picked up vol 3 from FH’s. Now waiting to see what vol 4 might entail. Cheers

Edited by ohjimmy

14 hours ago, ohjimmy said:

Don’t  kid yourself. They’d sell a lot more then just five.There are plenty of serious collectors out there that would scoop something like that up at the right price.Mind you I’d be a 500 CD collection lol.

Anyway, I’ve picked up vol 3 from FH’s. Now waiting to see what vol 4 might entail. Cheers

There are something like 40ish drum solos available on soundboard. Pat's Delight from Fillmore 4/27/69 through to 7/17/77 Seattle.

Figure that you could fit 2-4 solos onto a CD, and you easily get 15 CDs worth of unforgivingly brutal and relentless pounding.

14 hours ago, pluribus said:

There are something like 40ish drum solos available on soundboard. Pat's Delight from Fillmore 4/27/69 through to 7/17/77 Seattle.

Figure that you could fit 2-4 solos onto a CD, and you easily get 15 CDs worth of unforgivingly brutal and relentless pounding.

The interesting thing is, in the case of the drum solos, almost all of the very best versions happen to be from shows for which we have the soundboard. Pity the soundboard for 7/17/73 Seattle cuts off just before "Moby Dick," as that's the only "must hear" version I can think of that is only available on an audience source.  The 6/19/72 Seattle version is really good too, but it has a sizeable cut -- probably safe to assume the whole thing was stellar though, given the quality of the rest of the show...

That would be awesome! I'm a drummer, mind you 😂 

32 minutes ago, Bonzo_fan said:

...that's the only "must hear" version I can think of that is only available on an audience source. 

For me, the version of Moby Dick from the Yale show is my favorite one, and unfortunately it's only available on an audience recording.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2020 at 10:31 PM, pluribus said:

On 6/9/2020 at 4:59 AM, ohjimmy said:

Or a collection of John Paul Jones piano solos...and, yeah, just like a collection of drum solos I'd probably buy the JPJ piano collection as well. Shit, I'm surprised somebody didn't bootleg that collection I made a few years ago of all the 1977 "No Quarter" "Boogie Jams"...😆

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Miinsane1971 said:

I wonder if Moonchild is finished releasing Zeppelin titles. 

Nah. There are so many more Millard releases for them to copy from Dime. Those and whatever else the Empress Valley folks decide should be released as a budget Moonchild release.