Ramble On

Jenny Rogers

My husband is a HUGE Led Zeppelin fan and would like to open up his medical podcast (Dictations/ Performance Audio) with Ramble On.    I would like to purchase the license to use the chorus of this song.  Can you connect me to the person with the publishing rights?    Thank you.    Jenny Rogers, Kingsport, Tennessee   

https://www.warnerchappell.com/music-licensing

General Guidance:

Yes, you'll want to contact the publisher, not the record label. You’ll need at least a publishing license. The publisher grants you a publishing license, the record label or master-owner grants you a master-use license, however, often publishers have agreements that allow them to negotiate master use along with publishing rights.

You can see which publishers have ownership of a song by searching in the ASCAP Repertoire database and the BMI Repertoire database. 

Once you identify the publisher, you can email or call their licensing department. They’re usually good at responding to licensing requests, just make sure your request is professional.