Nirvana

zeppelinfan13

post-1470-0-07802200-1429685908_thumb.jp

Whew...just heading home from the LA premiere of "Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck". It is stupendous. It opens in theatres April 24...not sure if it'll be in theatres near you. But if it is, make sure you see it...there is so much personal archival footage included, you'll be amazed. I'm sure you've already heard about his cover of the Beatles' "And I Love Her". Only odd thing is lack of a new Dave Grohl interview...Dave apparently couldn't get away from recording in time to be interviewed for the film.

If it's not playing in theatres near you, don't despair, it'll be on HBO on May 4.

I ended up sitting a few rows away from Frances Bean Cobain and Courtney Love, much to my surprise. Frances Bean used to work at the same place as me...boy, she was lazy...and at this time, she was living with her grandma and had a restraining order against Courtney. So it was a jolt seeing Frances and Courtney arrive together.

Brett Morgen, who made the excellent documentaries "The Kid Stays In the Picture" (about Robert Evans) and "Crossfire Hurricane" (Rolling Stones), has done justice to the life and art of Kurt Cobain without descending into malicious gossip or engaging in hagiography. Most importantly, it erases the memory of Nick Bloomfield's exercise in bad taste "Kurt and Courtney" documentary.

I dare say even if you're not a Nirvana fan, It's worth seeing.

attachicon.gif330px-Montage_of_Heck_poster.jpg

Whew...just heading home from the LA premiere of "Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck". It is stupendous. It opens in theatres April 24...not sure if it'll be in theatres near you. But if it is, make sure you see it...there is so much personal archival footage included, you'll be amazed. I'm sure you've already heard about his cover of the Beatles' "And I Love Her". Only odd thing is lack of a new Dave Grohl interview...Dave apparently couldn't get away from recording in time to be interviewed for the film.

If it's not playing in theatres near you, don't despair, it'll be on HBO on May 4.

I ended up sitting a few rows away from Frances Bean Cobain and Courtney Love, much to my surprise. Frances Bean used to work at the same place as me...boy, she was lazy...and at this time, she was living with her grandma and had a restraining order against Courtney. So it was a jolt seeing Frances and Courtney arrive together.

Brett Morgen, who made the excellent documentaries "The Kid Stays In the Picture" (about Robert Evans) and "Crossfire Hurricane" (Rolling Stones), has done justice to the life and art of Kurt Cobain without descending into malicious gossip or engaging in hagiography. Most importantly, it erases the memory of Nick Bloomfield's exercise in bad taste "Kurt and Courtney" documentary.

I dare say even if you're not a Nirvana fan, It's worth seeing.

Thanks for the heads up, Strider! ;) I really really really really really CANNOT WAIT to see it! As a fan of Nirvana, I was always hoping for an intimate documentary on Kurt Cobain! I saw the trailer on good old YT yesterday! So bloody good! :thumbsup:

Here it is :

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Nirvana was one of the great modern rock bands.  They smashed the mainstream at record levels with Nevermind, but totally challenged their fanbase with their final release In Utero.  There's just nothing like Kurt's wailing vocals.

It's a real shame Kurt Cobain was in such poor health.  If he had lived, they could have released 3 or 4 more classic albums and maybe could have been top 10 of all time material.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...