TSRTS Acoustic Set

weapon2010

At the end of the US '72 Tour, every song from the acoustic set, spare Bron Yr Aur Stomp, was removed from the set. At the beginning of the US '73 Tour, Bron Yr Aur Stomp was removed as well. The acoustic set was gone for the next two tours until Earl's Court 1975. The Song Remains the Same was recorded in Madison Square Garden at the end of the US '73 Tour,  so no acoustic tracks were played.

By the time they started the U.S 73 jaunt the acoustic set was completely dropped. So, no, there has never been an acoustic set for TSRTS .

During the UK 72/73 and subsequent European tour, the acoustic section was already minimal: Only Bron Y Aur Stomp survived! Just my two cents, but I think after three years they were tired of pulling out the Habitat chairs and change settings ...especially for just one song.

By the time they returned to Earl's Court in May 75, they seemed more than happy to gather round the imaginary camp fire, again 😉

OOPS June72 was first, sorry for this

Edited by duckman

8 hours ago, weapon2010 said:

Would have been interesting if they would have included and played non-acoustic versions of songs like  Going to California  or Battle of Evermore.Light electric versions.

I believe during a couple of shows in 71' they played an electric version of Gallows Pole that was extraordinary as well as Four Sticks. Why they dropped those two numbers as well as Bron-y-Aur is a mystery.

The acoustic sections have always been one of my favorites of the Led Zeppelin experience and wish they would have done it during the 73 US tour. The acoustic sets gave the band and audience a brief cool down period before tearing it up again. Plus the Plantions between the numbers were always interesting. I don't know of any other artist that could hold 20,000+ people in the palm of their hand like Plant did during these times.