2020 MLB Thread

Walter

13 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Season starting on 3/26 Thursday--pretty dumb, but I'll be watching anyway....

Gee, see who started the thread?  Mr NY Yankees, Dallas Cowboys and follow the money teams.  Should have just named it the NY Yankees 2020 buy in.  Anyone and everyone should cheer against the bastards every night.  Put up the contest, I wont get it wrong this year.  I am going to take all of you down.  And no I wont make the mistake of taking my Orioles in the East.  Even though I like Hyde, but he does not have the horses and he knows it.  I hope they can beat out Toronto and Boston.  Sad.  Follow the money Walter is going to cash in the East.  But will he beat Houston and another up and coming team I picked a year too soon?  Likely.   But the Dodgers wont be an easy out

^^ I'll say it again, the Yankees and the Dodgers have more money than God & still haven't won the big one in years. So I won't mail the trophy to NY yet, even with the ace Cole on their team. I'll take Houston vs the Bravos if I have to call a WSeries matchup this early....

😊

Edited by paul carruthers

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ I'll say it again, the Yankees and the Dodgers have more money than God & still haven't won the big one in years. So I won't mail the trophy to NY yet, even with the ace Cole on their team. I'll take Houston vs the Bravos if I have to call a WSeries matchup this early....

😊

Glad some people out there are grasping the fact that money doesn't buy championships, teams win championships.  However, at least the Yankees and Dodgers aren't stooping to cheating in order to win... *cough Houston and Boston cough*

8 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

If you ain't cheatin' you ain't trying.

:thumbsup:

Opening day March 26th vs the Evil Empire! :D  I'll be there, but I don't think we're going to Spring Training this year, mostly because we have Sturgill Simpson tickets on March 15th and the season starts so early that I just can't work that out at work.  Ah well... 

On 1/8/2020 at 8:23 PM, ebk said:

Opening day March 26th vs the Evil Empire! :D  I'll be there, but I don't think we're going to Spring Training this year, mostly because we have Sturgill Simpson tickets on March 15th and the season starts so early that I just can't work that out at work.  Ah well... 

Sorry to hear that, but I understand. I just picked up Tigers/Yankees tix for March 17th at Lakeland. Yankees tix in Tampa were grabbed up by ticket brokers immediately.  I haven’t been to Joker Marchant Stadium in a while and got great seats right behind the Yanks dugout. Should be fun. The Tigers are now the closest team to us, since the Astros left Kissimmee and the Braves left Disney... Spring Training ain’t what it used to be! 

Edited by Walter

On 1/8/2020 at 8:23 PM, ebk said:

So how bad do things look for our Orioles?  Have they made any big moves?

On 1/14/2020 at 11:25 AM, paul carruthers said:

I don't know about awarding the Dodgers anything--I mean, they still got beat on the field both times, whatever else happened. Maybe the commish wants to go to the old playbook of the "Black Sox" & drop some more hammers on the coaches & people in the front office...

Yeah, I have no sympathy for the Dodgers. There's an old saying: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Besides, it wasn't Houston that told Dave Roberts to start Yu Darvish in Game 7.

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ More evidence not to pick the Mets for wild card winners whenever the baseball pool is activated....

:lol: 

Early bird gets the worm?? ;) 

I’ll get it going by the end of February. The season starts waaay too early this year, IMO. Spring training games start around February 22! That’s crazy. 

15 hours ago, Strider said:

Yeah, I have no sympathy for the Dodgers. There's an old saying: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Besides, it wasn't Houston that told Dave Roberts to start Yu Darvish in Game 7.

What kind of a statement is that?  No sympathy for a team that was fucked  in a 7 game series?  Are you kidding Sean?  Why do you hate the Dodgers so much?  I mean, its an LA thing right?? Angels?  The Dodgers have far more history than the Angels.  You know that. Bellinger is a great player. Great team that should be given the titles.  Cheating bastard Astros and Red Sox.  

So, speaking about the "integrity of the game," does this scandal really affect whether or not people will still show up at the games or tune in on the tv? I'm kinda ambivalent; cheating has been around forever in baseball; some people are just better at covering it up. Maybe if the Mets would have gotten hosed I would have a different opinion, but it is what it is....

• 2 weeks later...