2020 MLB Thread

Walter

12 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I'm thinking about watching the Mets in Spring Training when that kicks off in a few weeks--what is the matter with me?

My first answer would be, very much!  LOL.  Lets get the damn contest going. I wonder how many here have the balls to pick Houston.   Can you imagine, IF THEY ARE ALLOWED TO PLAY, GUYS LIKE Altuve and such, going into enemy parks and the cat calls and boo birds that will be out!  Its going to be ugly and historical.  They make the 19 White Sox look like the good guys. After all, who could really blame them for fixing a game back in those days?  They got payed like they worked at McDonalds.  The old McDonalds. Not the new $12 an hour one. But still, in the bigs and with no real money.  Comiskey got a park named after him.  Why?  Now they are talking about Betts being traded.  Of course in all of these big trades never are my small market Orioles ever mentioned.  We have the worst owner in sports.  I wish Pegula owned the Orioles also.  

9 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I'm thinking about watching the Mets in Spring Training when that kicks off in a few weeks--what is the matter with me?

Nothing!  Spring Training is lots of fun and the Mets' facility is really nice.  I was impressed at the renovations they've done.

Bought my Opening Day tickets today - yay! 

Edited by ebk

First, WHO IS GOING TO BEAT THE DODGERS?  NOBODY.  What a lineup.  

Can you imagine the Houston Astos going into opposing stadiums?  I mean, you talk about boo birds?  They are going to have rotten eggs and tomatoes thrown at them.  Beer showers.  It could be real ugly.

They should just play the World Series in April.  Dodgers vs Yankees is the most likely.  

Bellinger, Betts, Muncy, Turner, Seager, Pederson, Taylor.  OMG

Kershaw, Price, Urias,  and more.  This team is great

Dodgers and Yankees only two teams with 101 as the over and under for wins.  In the bigs.  

My Orioles with the Tigers and KC I believe at 40,000 -1 odds.  LOL.  Fucking bullshit.  Being in a small market with a fucking shit owner that is out on a Yacht with a bunch of blondes putting back Martini's

IF ITS YOU PAUL, YOU MIGHT WANT TO MENTION THE DOLPHINS AND BILLS HAVE $90 MILLION PLUS IN CAP SPACE.  LOOK OUT

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Banging on a trash can to let the hitter know a slider is coming. But, does banging on a can allow someone to mash that pitch out of the park. The cheating lingers on....

If a professional baseball player knows what pitch is coming before it even leaves the pitchers hands - yes it does.  You ever play baseball, Paul?  Or was that rhetorical? 

Edited by Walter

2 hours ago, Walter said:

If a professional baseball player knows what pitch is coming before it even leaves the pitchers hands - yes it does.  You ever play baseball, Paul?  Or was that rhetorical? 

Of course knowing what is being thrown does gives the hitter an unfair advantage. I think Paul is simply suggesting the hitter still needs to make contact with the pitch.  Barry Bonds fans frame their argument the same way. The performance enhancing drugs  improved his odds for hitting a home run, but he still needed to make contact with what was thrown. 

Well, the level of ball I played many moons ago doesn't compare to trying to stand in the box & withstand 90mph heat or breaking balls. That's one of the old sayings that trying to hit a pitched ball is the hardest job in all sports & I would go along with that. 

I'm not trying to excuse the Astros or even the Sawx, but there's another baseball line that may apply: every mistake or cement mixer pitch doesn't get taken 500 feet, Maybe I'm just trying to play devil's advocate for those who want the Astros to vacate their title, which would do absolutely nothing.

Nevertheless, I should probably look at Houston's schedule & see who their first road opponent is....

Edited by paul carruthers

7 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

So now Rob Manfred is warning teams not to drill the Astros--wonder if that will hold up...

He is such a weak dick as MLB Commissioner. The Astros leadoff hitter should get drilled at the start of EVERY GAME this season. It'll send a message and set a record that may never be broken.  

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

He is such a weak dick as MLB Commissioner. The Astros leadoff hitter should get drilled at the start of EVERY GAME this season. It'll send a message and set a record that may never be broken.  

:thumbsup: 

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Oh and the Commish is definitely a weak dick....  Trying to protect the guilty, not the game.