2020 MLB Thread

Walter

• 1 month later...

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-2020-season-update-owners-will-not-approve-more-than-60-games-players-will-likely-vote-saturday/

Today the MLB players will vote on proposed 60 game season with 16 making the playoffs.  FINAL OFFER.    And if rejected the commissioner, Manfred, can simply invoke his power and set the schedule.  

23 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Another offer, another deal that will get rejected by the players union...  :rolleyes:

I have to try and find out if the decision is in?  i hear if they reject it Manfred can simply write the schedule?  Proposed 16 teams to make playoffs.  Maybe my O's would get in?  Or not.

At the time of this post the vote is not yet in.  It was supposed to happen yesterday

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

6 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Play Ball!!!!  July 23 or 24 is opening day.  And then in 5 days you have the start of the NBA and NHL playoffs!  Feast or famine

Yes, I read that there will be a 2020 Baseball Season.  However, for only 60 games and with no spectators. That Sucks.  Also there will be 16 teams to make the Playoffs.  I have NO doubt that the Saint Louis Cardinals will be one of those Teams.

Go Cardinals.  

Good Luck to You your Baltimore Orioles.

Actually, Good Luck to everyone on this Topic and Your favorite Team.

Edited by kingzoso

On 6/24/2020 at 7:24 PM, kingzoso said:

Yes, I read that there will be a 2020 Baseball Season.  However, for only 60 games and with no spectators. That Sucks.  Also there will be 16 teams to make the Playoffs.  I have NO doubt that the Saint Louis Cardinals will be one of those Teams.

Go Cardinals.  

Good Luck to You your Baltimore Orioles.

Actually, Good Luck to everyone on this Topic and Your favorite Team.

Here we go.  Good to see you are healthy.  Many are not. `Maybe the Orioles can sneak in?  Maybe not.  But when John Means pitch's they are in every game

Lets see how the Houston Astros are treated?  They dodged a bullet.  If Covid helped anyone its the Houston Astros who were going to catch hell.  Now if these games are in a Hub city they dodge another bullet. But if they go to Yankee stadium?  Yikes. The Boo birds will be out in force

53 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Lets see how the Houston Astros are treated?  They dodged a bullet.  If Covid helped anyone its the Houston Astros who were going to catch hell.  Now if these games are in a Hub city they dodge another bullet. But if they go to Yankee stadium?  Yikes. The Boo birds will be out in force

Admittedly, I haven't been paying really close attention, but I thought there would be no fans at these games.  So, the Astros dodge yet another bullet... 

On 6/27/2020 at 10:54 AM, ebk said:

Admittedly, I haven't been paying really close attention, but I thought there would be no fans at these games.  So, the Astros dodge yet another bullet... 

Maybe you are correct?  I thought they were going to try limited attendance?  NY is going to have games here from what I heard?

On 6/28/2020 at 4:19 AM, Strider said:

I couldn't give a rat's ass about baseball or any sport this year. Chuck it all and wait until 2021. Who wants to see sports played in an antiseptic environment without any fans involved? 

Agreed. Racing has got it stuff together and I’m enjoying the hell out of it. UFC too. But NBA, MLB, NHL all need to hang it up for the season. Hopefully NFL can have something...

Things could’ve been so different, if...

On 7/1/2020 at 8:05 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Are they playing in their own cities?  Not getting much info

I believe so.  I read that the Cardinals are turning Busch stadium into their Spring Training camp.

Edited by kingzoso

Checked ESPN's webpage--nothing set yet as far as team schedules, but I believe they are still shooting for the 24th as the opener; Yanks vs. the Nats. Should be interesting with no fans in the seats or limited seating...

Whatever approach MLB wants to take, i'm ready for ball to be played, even with some of the insipid changes they've made....

20 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Checked ESPN's webpage--nothing set yet as far as team schedules, but I believe they are still shooting for the 24th as the opener; Yanks vs. the Nats. Should be interesting with no fans in the seats or limited seating...

Whatever approach MLB wants to take, i'm ready for ball to be played, even with some of the insipid changes they've made....

I hope so.  Hockey is still supposed to start the playoffs on the 29th but I am not holding my breath as the St Louis team was called out of practice, someone tested positive if not more than one?  My fear is it might happen in baseball and football as well?  This crap is a nightmare.  And your state along with Texas are the worse right now.