2020 MLB Thread

Walter

On 7/24/2020 at 11:34 PM, ebk said:

The more things change, the more they...don't... 

Can we go 10-50?  

You might want to re think your post Esther!  Our boys up 6-2 in Boston after pasting them 7-2 yesterday.  Win this series and then next 5 vs Marlins.  Could come out smoking.  Iglesias and Santander and Ruiz are all good.  We get Means and Tate back later in week look out!  We have the pitched from Cleveland going tomorrow.  He is good.  His name is too long and tough.  Ex Seattle pitcher LeBlanc pitching great right now.  Great game by Cobb yesterday!  Castro one of our best arms in Pen!  Go O’s!!!!

5 Marlins just tested positive.  Including the starter who Orioles were to face tomorrow . We get on the plane 2-1.  Win series in Boston!!  Hey Manny Machado, see scoreboard!  The team named Baltimore!

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Stinking Marlins!!!  Screwed the O's, Phillies and the Yankees all in one Covid incident.  How careful could they have been? 12 players positive and 5 coach's.  I say make them suit up a single A team tonight and send them into the Lions den.  Camden Yards.  Is it not time we catch a damn break? Instead the commissioner, Manfred or something like Manfred Mann's Earth band.   Blinded by the Light.  The Yankees are also involved in this.  I cant wait to see if any of the Phillies were infected? They said Harper put his mask on mid game when the news spread to the field that the Marlins were infected.  

Oh, and thanks for nothing NL East.  Fucking rolled over and plowed by the AL East teams

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

This just in.  So now instead of the Covid Marlin fish heads tomorrow, we get the Yankees for two games in Camden.  What  a crock of shit.  Due to their stupidity we get fucked out of playing the Marlins 4 times, likely 3 wins, and get the fucking Yankees instead.  I know the guy with the polish name we got from Cleveland is scheduled for us next.  John Means is supposed to return Thurs, on my B day.  Happy B day to me.  My gift, the fucking Yankees.  Im disgusted.  This pitcher Tate who we got from the Yankees is supposed to be ready also.  I am hoping to see this kid from the Dodgers play.  But for now, Iglesias and Santander and Ruiz are looking mighty good.  

Dodgers at Houston tonight.  Should be a good one.  Bad blood.  I still say the trophy needs to be taken away from Houston.  Do not tell me that in a series that went 7 games them knowing every pitch that was coming did not make a difference!!  Its BS.  

15 hours ago, ebk said:

Happy Birthday Rick!!  The Os aren't getting blown out at the moment, so hopefully they'll win for you! 

O so close...but not quite. After that loooong weather delay, it ends 8-6 Yankees.

But happy birthday anyway, Rick.

On 8/2/2020 at 7:22 AM, paul carruthers said:

It's August, have the Mets lost the pennant, yet....

:rolleyes:

I am actually watching them right now vs your favorite boys, the Braves.  LOL.  That division should be a 4 team fight to the finish.  My boys just swept Tampa!   Means is pitching vs the Covid Marlins tomorrow and I expect the real Means to show up.  Big mistake made by Red Sox yesterday, a carbon copy of the mistake our manager Hyde made a few days back pitching to Judge with guys on base and serving him up a ball right down the pipe. We paid and so did Boston.  We should have walked him and taken our chances with the others.  But the good news is my boys are 5-3, won 3 in a row, and now have a chance to beat up the Marlins.  I hope we do.  That would put us firmly in this thing.  But Ill still cheer on the Dodgers as my 2nd team.  Gotta love that team and their monstous lineup.  They go to SD tonight to play Manny Machado and the Pads who have a good start themselves.  

The Saint Louis Cardinals have not played a game in two weeks.  They have missed 13 games in that two week period.  Their current record is  2 wins and 3 losses.  

I  read that that means the Cardinals will will have to play like 55 games in a 45 day time frame.  

8 hours ago, kingzoso said:

The Saint Louis Cardinals have not played a game in two weeks.  They have missed 13 games in that two week period.  Their current record is  2 wins and 3 losses.  

I  read that that means the Cardinals will will have to play like 55 games in a 45 day time frame.  

Welcome to Covid.  Can you believe my Orioles?  I mean, they win every 3 game series they have played and then the lowly Marlins sweep us.  Then, we sweep the Nationals, pending the finish of a suspended game that we are leading 5-2 in the 6th inning and it will be finished at Camden Yards this Friday.  If they ended things today the Orioles would make the playoffs.  I believe we have a shot with this short season.  I really do.  We have some good young talent.  Iglesias, when he is healthy is killing the ball.  He is bating 462 at last look.  Nunez, Santander, Ruiz, Sisco, Alberto, Valaika, Severino are just some of the names to watch.  Our pitching is doing well too.  Tommy Milone of all guys has pitched well.  The polish guy whose name I will not attempt, Cobb, Leblanc (from Seattle), are pitching well and our ace John Means has no win yet but has pitched well in only 3 trips to the mound.  Got rocked once in first appearance vs the Yankees. A two game series we did lose, the last one on a heartbreaker being up 6-5 and for reasons unknown our manager Hyde thought it best to pitch to Judge and served him up a gift on a 3-1 count.  So pissed.  But here we sit.  With a sweep of Tampa and soon the Nationals under our belts and a series win at Fenway.  Go O's